Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelic

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
I'm thinking of getting a nappy bin because my room has a pungent smell to it and I can't always dispose of used ones quickly enough.

I could hide it under my bed but I'm not sure the bags will allow a adult sized diaper to fit into it.

If you used regular nappy bags and put them into the pail, would that work the same?

Angelic said:
I'm thinking of getting a nappy bin because my room has a pungent smell to it and I can't always dispose of used ones quickly enough.

I could hide it under my bed but I'm not sure the bags will allow a adult sized diaper to fit into it.

If you used regular nappy bags and put them into the pail, would that work the same?

I don't seal my used diapers in a bag at all. I just roll them up I to themselves like you're supposed to, then put them into a standard kitchen trash can that has a solid lid on it. I empty the can when it's full about every 5 days or so. I keep the can in my master bedroom closet, about 6-8 feet from my bed, and do not smell it at all.

Could you send me a picture of your trash can so I can see what kind of lid it is?

Angelic said:
Could you send me a picture of your trash can so I can see what kind of lid it is?

It's very similar to these ones below. Maybe about 3.5 ft tall, best guess about 10-ish gallons capacity. Cost maybe around $60 or $70 I think. I've had it for a couple years at least, and it works great. Well worth its cost.

https://www.google.com/search?q=kit...hVD1CYKHTf7A3oQ_AUIEigC#imgrc=L93de9B7937UoM:

https://www.google.com/search?q=kit...hVD1CYKHTf7A3oQ_AUIEigC#imgrc=rT00Atc5XRMSFM:

Looks good but I'm based around Uk so I proberly won't be able to buy it.

Mind my kitchen bin has a button on top of the lid and when you close the lid it clicks, I'm wondering if that will make a good odor trapping diaper bin...

I wouldn't use my kitchen one but buy one myself, also I don't have a lot of money, I would have to buy a fairly cheap, as long as it traps smell and stops it going into my room, it's good.

I'd say as long as it doesn't have a cheap flimsy lid, and at least appears to close completely, then yeah most any trash can would probably work as a diaper pail.

They don't need to create a perfect seal, just enough to stop any air flow from seeping in or out.

So what you are saying a pedal bin would work as a diaper pail, like the one you have?

Angelic said:
So what you are saying a pedal bin would work as a diaper pail, like the one you have?

Yup. Pretty much any can that has a good lid on it will work. Doesn't necessarily need to have a foot pedal on it either. I just have that for convenience.

The key is to make sure the can will cut off any air flow. Doesn't need to be sealed per-say, just enough to stop smells from escaping for a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back