M4 VS Preschool

Status
Not open for further replies.

fleyreva

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Looking for a diaper I can use during the day and get full use of considering the M4 or the Preschool.
The M4's are priced significantly lower than the Preschool's pros, cons recommendations? Haven't tried either before and haven't worn any Abu diapers yet either.

Never tried the Preschool but my opinion is Abena only make shrinkflation rubbish and should NOT be supported.

ABU stand by their products, have customer service, more than accept ABDLs, having taping panels.

Lots of peeps here suggest to get samples first to try before you decide.

I like the Preschools, but I agree. Get a sample first.

The L4 is actually my go-to product, I wear them every day. The Preschools are a bit less absorbent, if you've ever tried the L3s, I'd say they're comparable to those. Whereas I would normally stay in a non-boosted L4 for 5-6 hours, the Preschool is probably more 3-4, and I'm completely incontinent. Also, this may or may not apply to you, but I would warn you that the landing strip does not extend as far out as other diapers, even other ABU diapers. I had a thread on it recently, and it was a problem for me. But as long as you're well within the size range, you should be fine, and the absorbency is fairly decent, if not quite on the level as Abena's premier product. If you're looking for that level of absorbency, the Space and Simples more than match up to it, I have some of the Simples on hand myself.

I would also repeat the mantra of getting a sample first. For the price, if you can fit in them, they're definitely one of the better products out there, just don't be expecting to stay in it quite as long as you would the M4 as a general rule.

Never tried M4s but I have tried cloth back preschools and I really enjoyed them, they do sag a little more in my opinion.

I like the m4's a lot.

I pretty sure m4 holds more and m4 can me cloth based too.

Samples are the way to go. I've worn both of them recently and I think I'd give the capacity edge to Plastic Preschools but it was close. I think Preschools hold together better as well but I'd say you should sample both.

It looks to me like the prices are pretty comparable at the case level, considering it takes 2 Abena cases to measure up to a Preschool case 84 diapers vs. 80.

If it helps you decide at all, keep in mind that M4's are a VERY 'pulp' heavy diaper. That means that they tend to be thicker, and absorb quickly, but dont do as good of a job at actually holding wetness.

The preschools, on the other hand, are a very SAP heavy diaper--so they're a bit thinner, and absorb a bit more gradually, but are generally a lot better at retaining and holding. In my experience, they're also significantly more durable/better made, with a heavier gague plastic that isn't as prone to tear like the stuff used on Abenas.

I've worn larges in both preschool and Abena also both were plastic backed.
Preschools are way thinner and do hold less (they were designed as a day time diaper) they also have a front plastic landing strip allowing for multiple tape readjustments. Abena is thicker, it also has a good pulp to sap ratio for decent wicking. They have double tapes allowing for only 1 readjustment. They are a medical diaper and they tend to clump up if your extremely active.
Both are good diapers though.

I'd say capacity is very similar, preschool maybe a little less but not by much. (the difference is negligible for standing use, the abenas have a small advantage here when laying down) The preschool are nice for daytime wear because they're thinner while dry. Also, the leak guards and leg cuffs are MUCH better on the preschools, and the preschools are less likely to leak while standing. I also really like the front and back elastic. Tapes seem to hold better too. Price is really the only advantage to abena's xplus/4 line.

But really, for a good quality daily-wear ABDL diaper, the preschool are reasonably priced. I wear them almost every weekday to work.

My experience with both first I would echo some previous comments that abu really make great quality diapers where abena are in a race to the bottom like some other medical brands. Years ago before many of the Abdl stuff was around and abena had reasonable plastic back m4/l4 they were a stand out and popular for a reason. Where I live we can only now get cloth back and generally I think they are quite poor. I have not tried preschool but I am using littlepaws, space, simple and lavenders. The single tape lavenders are awesome day diaper so I'd imagine preschool to be similar. What fits you is most important and obviously your budget. I sometimes use lavenders with a booster which is a great option too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back