Sphincter doesn't automatically clench when finished peeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbilly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm able to pee freely with a relaxed sphincter, do you think if that carries on that could turn into a steady progression into incontinence? I don't want to be IC yet because I have holiday plans for next year but the way I'm wearing at the moment I'm worried that by wearing 24/7 and automatically wetting at the slightest urge which is very easy to do it's going to lead to unplanned incontinence.?

If left untreated, your leaking after you pee can and likely will turn into full blown incontinence. Do an online search for kegel exercises for men and start trying to re-strengthen your muscles down there.

Or consider letting it progress and adjust to incontinent life sooner than originally planned. You did imply you want IC later on after your holliday plans right? So what will you do once you're IC and want to go on another vacation after that?

The answer is sooner or later you adapt to being incontinent, and keep going on vacation. I've been IC for 20 years. Last year I went to Japan for a week. Five years ago I went to Cozumel Mexico's beaches. And so on. There's no real reason incontinence should interfer with your life. Assuming you're using good diapers that is.

I don't want to be IC yet bc I have plans next year....LOLOLOLOLOLOL

If your plan is to somehow become IC when it's more convenient for you, you're already going about it the wrong way. I'm IC and not by choice. IC doesn't care what your holiday plans are.

I agree with Slomo. I've only been in diapers for a couple years now but it hasn't really stopped me from doing anything I used to. I still travel and live an active life.

"No matter how much you juggle and dance, the last few drops end up in your pants." Sound familiar? It's something that most men experience on a regular basis, incontinent or fully continent.

Now, depending on your age, you may end up with Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH), which can result in a post-void dribble. This is usually found in men over 40 and can be treated with drugs prescribed by a urologist.

As far as your future plans, that's your business.

Your body is getting used to not holding it anymore. I definantely have less control over my function too as sometimes when I try to hold back I still dribble or start a slow stream anyway. When I hold back the pain is a lot worse so I just let it go. My butt does this too so I just have random accidents all the time. If you want to stop I recommend potty training yourself and only wear pull ups if you feel like you might have a accident to reverse what your doing. I tried repotty training myself and I constantly pee little uncontrollably still so I just gave up and accepted my incontinence months ago.

bobbilly said:
I'm able to pee freely with a relaxed sphincter, do you think if that carries on that could turn into a steady progression into incontinence? I don't want to be IC yet because I have holiday plans for next year but the way I'm wearing at the moment I'm worried that by wearing 24/7 and automatically wetting at the slightest urge which is very easy to do it's going to lead to unplanned incontinence.?

No. I used to have a shy bladder but have trained myself not to clench automatically. I wait until my bladder is fully drained and then force a clench. I have no problem with leakage (other than two episodes of SUIC a while back, but that is a different matter).

Its been decades since I had any feeling down there only time I feel a thing is when I am in the process of wetting and get wet skin and the warmth in the diaper. If I did not have a diaper on I would be a urine soaked mess. my bladder and its surrounding muscles have atrophied so much DR says there is no way of recovering the muscles now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back