Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how to wash without parents finging out?

Default how to wash without parents finging out?

so I brought a baby's blanket yesterday and as I was using it last night it dawned on me "how am gonna wash this without my mum finding out??"

I live with my mum who is disabled so she's always home and y brother only works when his work needs him.

I know a Laundromat will come up but I don' live close any help be good thanks

You can wash it with the sheets from your bed! I wash all
    Of my baby clothes with the actual clothes I wear! Hope that helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could wash it in the sink / bathtub and let it dry in your room if nobody will enter it randomly.

Quote Originally Posted by pampersguy View Post
    You could wash it in the sink / bathtub and let it dry in your room if nobody will enter it randomly.
    I don't have a door I just have a thing hanging up cuz me and my brother have a violent temper and my brother kicked it of a few years ago

Like babybib said, wash it with your sheets and other blankets. It can be easily hid with them. Also add fabric softener if you have some. It makes them smell nice.

Washing it shouldn't be that hard. The thing spins around and no one is gonna open it mid wash. Even when the washing is done, I would be on top of it before anyone else helps themselves.

Your bigger issue is drying, as that takes time and obviously have the washing open and aired. You will have to plan this around what your family is doing in the house, and maybe have a plan B of able to easily hide it if any unexpected visits happen. Obviously this wouldn't be too difficult if you had a tumble dryer.

Quote Originally Posted by isnotavailable88 View Post
    your bigger issue is drying, as that takes time.
    I have a dryer

What is the blanket made out of, it may be quick to dry if its made from nylon or cotton. Nylon/polyester will be very quick to dry, so you could put that in your normal load. If it's from cotton, it will take longer, so maybe just wash some towels at the same time and say they are drying, it shouldn't be that different from drying a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by isnotavailable88 View Post
    What is the blanket made out of, it may be quick to dry if its made from nylon or cotton. Nylon/polyester will be very quick to dry, so you could put that in your normal load. If it's from cotton, it will take longer, so maybe just wash some towels at the same time and say they are drying, it shouldn't be that different from drying a towel.
    its polyester so should be good

Believe it or not, just washing it with your other clothes is probably the simplest way to do it. Living with my parents, I was terrified to wash my space penguin onesie with my laundry, but found the courage to do so. My advice would be to stay on top of the load. Set a timer, and make sure that you're there to transfer it to the drier and unload it from the drier.