Selling (eBay) 125 Vintage Diapers from 1970's to early 2000's (Luvs, Pampers, Huggies, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

inpampers

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
MODS: I checked the rules and didn't see anything prohibiting a personal 'for sale' type post. If this is inappropriate, please let me know and I'll delete (or delete it, no worries).

Anyway...

I'm selling the remaining diapers in my collection of vintage diapers. These are from the 1970's up to the early 2000's; and they include Pampers, Luvs, Huggies, Benetton, and a couple of others. These are mostly plastic backed, but there are some of the very early "cloth-like" Pampers Baby-Dry included (see photos).

I set a "Buy-It-Now" price, and it does look a bit high, but it just hopeful I guess. In any case, the reserve is 10% of the BIN.

The diapers and I are currently in Orlando; I am not opposed to meeting in a public area to hand them over (and save you any shipping costs); but eBay will still require payment through PayPal is made.

Anyway, here is a link to the photos of the diapers. This is on Imgur. If you like any of the photos, feel free to download. I am considering them "creative commons" and free for use by anyone.

The auction is on eBay.

Please feel free to ask me any questions - I hope this is well received and if you choose to bid, I wish you the best of luck in winning. :)

Wow, that's what my diapers looked like when I was younger, I never imagined what they would be like, now I see those and today's pampers, the 90s ones from 1999 when I was 1 year old looked ancient!

wow, the "gentle touch" patten looks almost identical to the SDK pattern!

s-l1600.jpg

SDK_Product_06.jpg

I'm supprised that certain diaper wouldn't get sued!

They actually sold the copyright to that image, ABU owns it and is free to use it on their product. All legal, no chance of lawsuit.

Oh! :)

Also, while remarkably similar, there are significant enough differences to assert a defense if P&G didn't give up its copyright. First, the ABU bears all have hearts, the P&G bears do not; and the ABU balloons have letters, whereas the P&G balloons are blank. One could also argue color, morphology of the bears and balloons, etc. If P&G sold or granted copyright use, then it is truly moot; but even if they hadn't, the differences are enough to assert an affirmative defense; and considering P&G no longer uses that imagery, such legal action would ultimately be a waste of time and money. I'm glad ABU makes these! I'm not so big into the "AB" side of ABDL, but I do occasionally want to spruce up my diapers; and I do prefer the two-tape design to the four-tape standard (don't right, it does fit better).

Likewise on ancient looking diapers, for what it is worth; except the Pampers I wore as a child were from the 1970's... It would be something if I could find a replica of those, complete with that "Pampers" smell, and with more modern absorbancy... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back