Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xbox 360 help/rant.

Default Xbox 360 help/rant.

Ok, I have a Linksys router a couple of rooms away, an Xbox 360 wifi adapter, and a 360 that works...SO WHY THE FLYING FUCK CAN'T I CONNECT?! It should just put a few wires in and click some things, but noooooo, the IP Addresses won't give themselves up, the selfish assholes. Can someone please tell me how you are connected to Xbox Live and help me? Sorry if i wasn't detailed enough, but it is late and this is just making my piss boil in my bladder. Hot hot hot hot! Please help before I snap.

Indeed I have, and the subnet mask, and the gateway, and the DNS bullshit. It says it is connected, but it just won't litterally connect.

Can't help you then. I can't connect either for some reason, so your not alone :S.

*Sigh* Like I said, It should just be "put this wire here and turn the console on."

Is there some sort of setting for WiFi off/on in your XBOX? Like a switch or something? ._.
    It might be silly to even consider, but it's worth a shot to look into.

Quote Originally Posted by Triforceformer View Post
    Ok, I have a Linksys router a couple of rooms away, an Xbox 360 wifi adapter, and a 360 that works...SO WHY THE FLYING FUCK CAN'T I CONNECT?! It should just put a few wires in and click some things, but noooooo, the IP Addresses won't give themselves up, the selfish assholes. Can someone please tell me how you are connected to Xbox Live and help me? Sorry if i wasn't detailed enough, but it is late and this is just making my piss boil in my bladder. Hot hot hot hot! Please help before I snap.
    First off you probably knew that the xbox wireless adapter does NOT support WPA2 security, but supports plain jane WPA. Make sure your router is just WPA, then your xbox will be able to scan and find your wireless network, from there you manually have to enter the key to join your network
    Last edited by HuskyRye; 15-Apr-2009 at 05:13. Reason: Minor oopsie

If your router has ports to directly connect a cable. Hook it up to your 360 and run through the setup process. Disconnect your 360 and then hookup the wireless adapter. thats what i to do.

My router is WEP...and my laptop can't work with WPA somehow. And I already tried that I think.

Edit: It it worked, I can't believe it, but I am now BraveTriforcer on xbox live.
    Last edited by Triforceformer; 15-Apr-2009 at 22:06.