Status
Not open for further replies.

SimCo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I have read rave reviews of the Rearz safari as being a contender for best abdl diaper on the market right now. I got a case and was very excited to try it out. While the diaper seems to have all the premium diaper attributes, I have had leaks on three occasions now from this diaper. Has anyone noticed this? I am wearing a medium and that is the same size as I wear in ABU diapers. I have a 34" waist.

If you don't mind divulging this...in what way did they actually 'leak'? Was the diaper just completely soaked to capacity and couldn't hold anymore? Or was is saturated in certain parts and possibly just leaked out the side/top as a result of a poor fit? Were you primarily wearing them at night? Or was this a daytime issue as well?

It's much easier to diagnose what went wrong if we have a clearer understanding of what went wrong.

I've found that the Rearz run a little large, fit-wise. I wear a Medium but the ideal size with the Rearz is a small. Buy a sample and test it out.

SimCo said:
I have read rave reviews of the Rearz safari as being a contender for best abdl diaper on the market right now. I got a case and was very excited to try it out. While the diaper seems to have all the premium diaper attributes, I have had leaks on three occasions now from this diaper. Has anyone noticed this? I am wearing a medium and that is the same size as I wear in ABU diapers. I have a 34" waist.

Is the Rearz Safari diaper comfy with/without leaks or no?

Standard question Slimco... Are you doing the length ways fold to activate the channels front to back?

Definitely keen to know where they were leaking from e.g leg cuffs, pin hole punctures.

Leaks are a common problem for me too, with pretty much any diaper that uses a tape landing zone. It always occurs right at the front and back of my legs, right where the diaper is very loose and leaves a full gap opening.

I have diapers with tape zones. You don't have to put the tape on it. I don't for the lower tapes this stops the gap and no leaks that way.

Thanks for the responses everyone! Here's a little more detail about my issue.

I have been wearing a Rearz safari medium. The diaper is extremely comfortable: padding is soft, fit isn't too tight, stretches well, etc. The "fit" seems right, as the top of the front and back of the diaper lie just above my waist and below my belly button, it's not too tight at the legs, and it does not chafe when I move around. I "point" either forward and slightly down so the back will catch most of my liquid. I do not point to either left or right so I don't overwhelm the leak guards. I have been experiencing leaks at the back of the legs when I wet a medium amount. When I say "medium amount" I mean about full capacity for a store-brand diaper like depends, but nowhere near capacity in my favorite diaper so far, ABU space.

Three times so far I have experienced substantial leaking at the rear leg on both sides. This is messing with my head, as I have "leak phobia." It took me forever to even be able to lightly wet a diaper because my potty training instincts were so hard to overcome. Through lots of time, I have gotten comfortable wetting. A big part of my ability to wet freely is security against leaks. I wear only premium, high-capacity diapers, I wear plastic pants over them, and I have a water-proof mattress cover. That is the only way I can let go without being bladder-shy.

Recently, I have leaked from Rearz safari AND Gary plastic pants on three separate occasions. Never had this problem with ABU Little Pawz medium. Is Rearz safari flawed, or am I doing something wrong?

Diapers are to small, I'm a 34" / 35"waist with a flat belly. when you put your diaper on the front waist band should land right on your belly button and the rear waist band should be equal to the front.
The best way to achieve this is to fold the diaper in half length wise, set the rear of the diaper on the small of your back and stand against a wall to hold it in place, bring the diaper up between your legs, using both hands, one on each side of the front pull up and out, again the front waist band should land on your belly button, the front should fan outward, then you tape the bottoms, slightly angled up then the tops straight across, the diaper waist band will settle just below the belly button.

Do you "set up" the diaper before you put it on? I never did this until I bought some Northshore Supremes. The say to lay the diaper flat, and run your hand inside the diaper to lift the barriers. (their website probably has the correct instructions) Since I've been doing this to all my diapers including the
Safari, Inspire and Seduction I have flooded them with no leakage. I know that lying down, us guys do have to be properly aimed as you do. That helps

Yup, diapers are too small. But going to the right size will make this diaper leak even more. Seriously, try a diaper which does not utilise a tape landing zone. They are like night and day, and will not leak as you are experiencing.

I'm a 33 waist and had the same issue with the medium size. Get the small, it may seem that the fit is insufficient but for me it's the best size downgrade I've made!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i had same issue with them i have found they do not hold as much as i would prefer a diaper to hold. i leaked after 3 wettings with a booster. they are the most comfortable diaper i have ever worn however nice full cut thick padding a lazy-boy of a diaper so to say. i have good luck with northshorecare plastic supremes and there big contoured booster. i can go 8-12 hours depending on what and how much fluid intake. a safari 8 is topping out at max no matter what at least in my experience.

Just to update everyone, I've determined that there's definitely an issue with the Rearz safari. My most recent leak was from a moderate wetting and my per leaked out of the side panels on the front, puddled up inside my plastic pants, and eventually seeped out of those as well. I'm convinced that something about this diaper just doesn't measure up. All of my leaks have come from wettings that were at best "moderate." The diaper is surely comfortable, but it just fails when it comes to performance. The size fits me perfectly, I don't think it's worth buying more in another size. I'm going back to ABU Little Pawz, In the past I've been able to unleash the fury on them with no problems.

I don't know what you guys are doing, I have filled these to capacity and no leaks whether lying down, sitting in a chair, standing up or walking. Check out my earlier post about "setting up" the diaper, it definitely works for me.

Just to update everyone, I've determined that there's definitely an issue with the Rearz safari. My most recent leak was from a moderate wetting and my per leaked out of the side panels on the front, puddled up inside my plastic pants, and eventually seeped out of those as well. I'm convinced that something about this diaper just doesn't measure up. All of my leaks have come from wettings that were at best "moderate." The diaper is surely comfortable, but it just fails when it comes to performance. The size fits me perfectly, I don't think it's worth buying more in another size. I'm going back to ABU Little Pawz, In the past I've been able to unleash the fury on them with no problems.

I love ABUs products but hate the idea your Safari are not suitable.... Can I ask have you tried folding them to activate the channels just in case your pack had some funny clumped padding in one spot causing a pooling effect followed by leakage?

With these kinds of diapers it is imparitive you get a tight (or at least very snug) fit around the legs. To do this you must wear one size too small.

With ABU, Rearz, Bambino, etc, if they extend all the way up to your waist line (near your belly button), then you are probably wearing the correct fitted size- which will leak on you. Go with a size that barely goes over your hips/belt line. The smaller size means a much tigher (underwear like feeling) sizing. Which then also means fewer or no leaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back