Status
Not open for further replies.

kerry

ADISC Moderator
Staff
Role
  1. Little
  2. Incontinent
You all know I have been diagnosed OAB and urge IC, and I've been 24/7 over four years to handle it. Lately, though, things have gotten weird. There have been days when I'll go through the entire day on a single diaper and it won't even be all that wet when I change it. (And yes, I'm drinking a lot of water. And no, I get like no exercise at all. I'm a total lazy shit.) Other days it's like I have an open spigot down there.

But the oddest part of this is: no matter whether I'm wetting a lot or a little, no matter whether I feel I might be able to make it if I rush at times, one thing remains almost completely constant. When I change myself and empty whatever might remain in there, within just a few minutes my bladder will empty itself again with no warning into the fresh diaper. Now there will be very little there, of course, but that isn't the point: I can't hold this little bit at all, not even for an instant. And as I said, this occurs practically every time.

I think my incontinence has entered Bizarro World.

Have the same experience, some days my bladder really acts up and the frequency of my wettings are really numerous, though volume output little, and I'll be going through numerous diapers. Then there are the rare occasions where my bladder is almost as a normal one, frequency is down, but volume output is higher. Regardless it usually ends up in my diaper.

Sendt fra min BTV-W09 med Tapatalk

I don't know if the weather is hot where you are, but it's gotten hot again here in Virginia. If it's hot and you're sweating, that will take the fluid out of your system, thus not using your diaper. It's just conjecture on my part, so I thought I'd throw it out there.

kerry said:
You all know I have been diagnosed OAB and urge IC, and I've been 24/7 over four years to handle it. Lately, though, things have gotten weird. There have been days when I'll go through the entire day on a single diaper and it won't even be all that wet when I change it. (And yes, I'm drinking a lot of water. And no, I get like no exercise at all. I'm a total lazy shit.) Other days it's like I have an open spigot down there.

Similar issue here, but for me it seems to be related to temperature. I'm also drinking a lot during the day (doctors orders), but when it's hot, most of the fluid is lost almost immediately through sweating, before even reaching the downstairs department. Frequency stays about the same though, which I guess has to do with the concentration of my urine, which is higher when it's hotter and therefore more irritating for my bladder.

The last couple of weeks have been quite a pain in the backside, because the weather has been changing from day to day, so one day I'm leaking like mad and the next day my body produces next to no urine at all. Really annoying.

Very interesting points brought by both of you. I only experience a large realer than a few stops since I have OAB. Also experience the difference between the days. Yesterday I had many time hit Thai food and I had to change one more time it was really soaked! So depending I weather, liquid intake and food, it can vary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much you wet every day is going to fluctuate depending on how much water your body is normally retaining or excreting. This is normal and not caused by what kind of incontinence you may have.

This is affected by what you eat (and how much salt is in it), how much water you take in (and/or diuretics like coffee), changes in temperature and humidity (and not just how hot it is), and how active you are each day (especially compared to the day before).

I've just returned from a long road trip. Weather changes were pretty common: we had many days in the 90s and many in the 60s. Life is fun. I don't really think anything is wrong, per se, just wanted to post what was happening because I thought it was absurd. Yesterday we drove 32 hours back from Wyoming, so I ended up crashing from about 11 until 3 today. My bed has never been so wet. Some of it came from half asleep wetting, but not all. I don't even usually wet at night these days, or at least not all that much. God I was exhausted.

Are you on any medication, kerry?

I ask, because some time ago I was on a drug which had following side effects listed: interference with ADH, body may retain more water, reduction of detrusor muscle activity. Now, the effects were very subtle, but it was enough to mix up my usual patterns and especially at night, on several occasions, I lost about twice the amount of urine I would normally do. But the real fun only started after discontinuing the drug, because then my LUT practically switched into high gear, so for a week I had permanent urges and a completely irregular 'peeing pattern', with my body sometimes producing only tiny amounts, sometimes huge amounts.

kerry said:
I've just returned from a long road trip. Weather changes were pretty common: we had many days in the 90s and many in the 60s. Life is fun. I don't really think anything is wrong, per se, just wanted to post what was happening because I thought it was absurd. Yesterday we drove 32 hours back from Wyoming, so I ended up crashing from about 11 until 3 today. My bed has never been so wet. Some of it came from half asleep wetting, but not all. I don't even usually wet at night these days, or at least not all that much. God I was exhausted.

I always soak my bed when I'm really tired.

STS50. The goal is not to do a diagnostic, Jefferson I can stay that your symptoms seems very close to an urge IV, as it was diagnosed medically in my case. A doctor would be able to confirm this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This happens to me sometimes, but not always....there's nothing better than the feeling of getting out of a really saturated diaper and into a nice dry one. I find myself really looking forward to my change, when it's getting close to time.

Sometimes the same exact thing happens, I'll just gush seconds after taping a new one on. Sometimes it's 10 mins later. My diapers don't stay dry for long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back