Is it unusual not liking AB nappies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also prefer plain medical diapers as it is easier pass of something of a necessity. Another plus with medical diapers for me is that I can get them off Amazon with discreet and quick.

I wouldn't buy ABDL diapers because they are hell expensive. But I don't prefer medical looking diapers over plain white ones. And not all plain white diapers are ABDL oriented, the Dry24/7's for exanple are for medical use.

I'm with you OP. I'm not AB and not really into the AB diaper prints at all.

I'm not that keen on the all white diapers either.

For me the medical prints are beautiful, Abena M4's, IDSlip PE (with the green prints all over them), Nateen Combi Ultra, the old Comficare etc.

I'm hoping that these medical diapers catch up with the advanced the ABDL ones are making soon.

blob said:
I'm with you OP.... I'm hoping that these medical diapers catch up with the advanced the ABDL ones are making soon.

My fingers crossed they do but really frustratingly the medical diaper manufacturers seem to be all going the dirty shrinkflation route rather than enhancing their products.

I've never been into ABDL at all, including AB diapers. I did try a lavender and a bellissimo though, and there were definately things i liked about them. I did like the cuteness feeling of the prints actually, so maybe i'll try them again :)

Each of us has different preferences, which are usually subconscious. Since I was born in the 70s, the only memories I have are of cloth diapers and the early disposables. Pampers, primarily. Huggies and Luvs were not even brands yet. So when I was growing up and out of diapers, these were the ones I saw and wished I could still have. So years later, my brain equates "diaper" with a very specific set of standards. They have to have tapes, one on each side and be primarily a solid color. White being the accepted standard but pink and blue are also OK. I'm OK with a cute landing strip but the more it deviates from that old diaper style I first knew and loved, the more my brain refuses to call it a diaper. For this reason, pullups do almost nothing for me. We didn't have those when I was growing up so I never made any attachments to them but you see younger ABDLs that clamor for them.
So for those reasons, my current favorite diaper is ABU's Super Dry Kids. These are the closest equivalent to the style I've worn in my fantasies.

I am a pure white aficionado as well - first the Dry 24/7s, but their tapes popped. I am pleased with the refastenable Biancos.

I don't really care for most of the AB designs. My fetish is more towards the medical diapers and incontinence. So I lean more towards the plain white diapers, but there are a few AB designs I wouldn't mind. But I think they would be a little too much for my wife.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AAO said:
I don't really care for most of the AB designs. My fetish is more towards the medical diapers and incontinence. So I lean more towards the plain white diapers, but there are a few AB designs I wouldn't mind. But I think they would be a little too much for my wife.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just commented on this in another thread. There is a BIG difference in medical grade diapers, and premium diapers. True neither is geared towards abdl's, but medical diapers are all thin and cheaply made. You're more likely to find them on store shelves too. And oddly, some come in various colors or have stripes on them.

Premium diapers however, tend to be much thicker, have more options or improvements such as second chance tapes, high leak guards, and lots of sap. They are usually all plain white too, aside from a wetness indicator. When compared for overall costs, they tend to be the most cost effective too, with the lowest cost per day.

I class Molicare, Tena Attends, Abena in the medical market and they offer some really good products which a very absorbent.

bobbilly said:
I class Molicare, Tena Attends, Abena in the medical market and they offer some really good products which a very absorbent.

Agreed. Those brands are bordeline good, but pretty well understood to still be medical. You can even find some of them in medical supply stores too.

ABUniverse has diapers called "ABU Simple". They kind of have a medical look to them. They are plain white with 4 tapes. The cool part is, as far as absorbency goes, they hold up to 5,000ML!

My wife is no fan of any of the AB/DL diaper I have bought for her she doesn't like the fit for her she much prefers the tranquity ATN's or smartcore diapers. we generally wear the Tena Ultras with a insert or male in her case as she will soak a diaper by morning with out them

I'm not much into the AB side either and as many have said here--it is a matter of preference. I wouldn't mind fun, but not so babyish prints though.

Same, I just like wearing and flooding them, not really an AB and don't very much like the babyish ones. However, ABU Space is really nice that isn't too babyish, as are Tykables Overnights. They are cute and nice looking. I would get some myself, but as it is, I am short on cash so M4s are my limit. :(

MotherFaith said:
Perfectly normal. One nust remember that not everyone within this scene ageplays. Some simply enjoy the diapers as adults so grown up ones work best for them.

I'm not into ageplay myself, just enjoy wearing and wetting, I wear Lady Tena 24/7,

I have to admit I'm indifferent about ABDL diapers, I have tried ABU's SDK before and they were ok but I'm not really one for prints, yes I do look sometimes but I also need to wear for IC reasons so it just makes sense to wear medical grade, I do quite like the plain white diapers though and have tried the ABU Simpe which was nice but my only criticism would be that the plastic on the landing zone was very crinkly and I didn't really like the feeling of it

I think it's something that just grows on you, I use to be a strictly medical diaper guy, dry 24/7, Abena m4 and occasional store bought diapers.
I ordered my 1st AB diapers, the original ABU sdk's because I wanted to try single tab diapers, from there I tried bambino Teddy's and honestly never looked back, now a prefer a diaper with some kind of art or design, I'm not to keen on baby art but little paws, kiddo's, space, tykables do it for me

LittleJ123 said:
ABUniverse has diapers called "ABU Simple". They kind of have a medical look to them. They are plain white with 4 tapes.

I don't personally consider plain white to be a "medical" look. For me, that means its going to have some sort of a pattern to it, one that is specifically NOT ab/db or in any way decorative. Abeba's xplus stripes are the perfect example. Or diapers with no shell art at all but that have tape position indicators on them.

Although "cheap and thin" screams 'medical' all the same, regardless of the shell art.

That being said, I'd still like to see more ABDL diapers start getting some subtle taping indicators on them. Something on the shell itself, because the position of the taping panel doesn't seem to be very reliable on most diapers.

DC Amore pink kitten is a good example there. Look at the front tape panel and the kittens... not at all useful for aiming the tapes. But on the other hand, look at the pink curly pattern on the shell, that pattern is centered and consistent (though a bit obscure) and is what I usually use to spot my tapes.

51rMfNPv6UL.jpg

Compare this with a totaldry plus. They print dots on the panel for the upper and lower tapes, and seem to do a good job keeping the front panel centered. For me, two dots in on the top, four on the bottom, gets me a good fit.

TotalDry-Plus-Brief-1.jpg

But I think we can all agree those have a much more medical look, but can be much easier to use.

It's not unusual to not be attracted to AB diapers. As others have already said, to each their own. I personally refer pull-up style diapers, such as Pull-Ups and Goodnites/Drynites as opposed to standard diapers, both as an enthusiast and as a collector.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back