When people review adult nappies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbilly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I have read people describing the absorbency of nappies by saying it takes 2 or 3 wettings. Do they mean flood wettings? When I'm wearing I have a very relaxed sphincter so have multiple small wettings over a duration of time. If I flood the pulp doesn't absorb liquid quick enough and it pools in the front of the nappy and either leaks out at the top or around the leg guards.

bobbilly said:
I have read people describing the absorbency of nappies by saying it takes 2 or 3 wettings. Do they mean flood wettings? When I'm wearing I have a very relaxed sphincter so have multiple small wettings over a duration of time. If I flood the pulp doesn't absorb liquid quick enough and it pools in the front of the nappy and either leaks out at the top or around the leg guards.
I think that they are talking about small to medium wettings, not full blatter wettings.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

A wetting is the same length as a piece of string. :-/

Ya basically

I agree with the others that wettings really are not a useful tool for determining volume and I definitely don't think flooding does any nappy or the wearer any favours.

In my experience nappies are designed to slowly take up liquid, dribbling and small squirts are manageable for any decent nappy giving the pulp time to wick away and the gel time to take up and swell.

The review testing here is great as I think it specifies adding water in 100ml increments.

To make the most of your nappy remember to give it the fold to activate the channels front to back rather than the packets tri folds side to side that can channel the liquid toward the legs.

That's vary insightful.

tiny said:
A wetting is the same length as a piece of string. :-/

I thought a wetting was what the individual make of it? Or was it a bakers dozen?

As I mentioned in the previous thread, a wetting is highly subject to being different amounts depending on the person. It is not a usable form of measurement.

One wetting for me might only be 5ml, and will happen at leaet every 10 minutes. So for me, I would need my diaper to hold 100 wettings.

One wetting for someone else might be a full bladder of about 500ml, and only happen once every 8 hours. That same diaper would then only need to hold one wetting.

Well, there is no real way to measure every wettings' volume. The only way would be to weigh the diaper after removal and compare the total over a few days.

if the diaper is described as having high suction, you should be able to flood it confidently. BetterDry has never let me down and that is the only way I wet... flooding. it would be good to establish a testing standard.

ArchtopK said:
if the diaper is described as having high suction, you should be able to flood it confidently..

Over the years baby and to some degree adult diapers have their new features printed on the packs e.g "New standing leg gatherers"... just trying to imagine "New High Suction" in a splash bubble across the front of some packaging and how many people would do a double take reading it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back