Could you wear 24/7 if you wanted, what adjustments would you have to make?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbilly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I have often pondered this and could possible get away with it. I'm already in supported living for my mental health needs and the staff are very disability aware and I'm on medication that a side effect being can make you incontinent but I don't think I'm ready to go 24/7 yet. I live with 3 other people and even when I wear for weeks it's very hard to be discrete with larges packages arriving and dustbins getting full and extra laundry. I think my housemates would be accepting with me wearing because they all have disabilities themselves. I have gave it a lot of thought.

What adjustments would you have to make going 24/7 and whats stopping you?

I have been 24/7 for a while now. Told my roomate right away and he was cool about it. Just be as discreet as possible and change frequently/ drink plenty of fluids/ shower so you don't smell bad. I just moved out, the next person that moves in is going to wonder why their closet smells like diapers and baby powder lol.

I think that part of the adjustment is going to be in your head. For some--according to the few accounts I've read--it's not always a great thing. And there are those who loved going 24/7. A certain attitude and a sense of humor over the situation seems like it would help greatly.

I've been doing it on and off for the last couple years and for the last 10 months. It does require adjustment but for me, at least, it's not that significant.

I've never gone 24/7 before. I wanna try it at least once just to see what it's like, but it does seem like a little overkill, for me at least. I've worn for three days straight before, but I had those days to myself and by the end of it the novelty was already starting to wear off. Don't get me wrong, it was a pretty fun 3 days lol. I'm sure if I had more ideal conditions to wear, I'd probably wear more often, but wearing just before and going to bed every once a while is good enough for me.

If I did wear 24/7 now, the main thing for me would be I'd have to change jobs. I have a semi active job where I move around a lot in-doors and work with a bunch of people. So for me it is nowhere near worth it to wear with the risk involved. Other than that, wearing out and about in public or my house would be doable. So, if it ever got to the point where I absolutely had to wear 24/7 (which I don't see happening), I'd find a more solitary and less active job and then be relatively set.

I really like to wear, but I care more about my image than I like to wear (plus I prefer it to be more private and an occasion thing).

The biggest adjustment is having the mental confidence to go 24/7. A LOT of people around here just don't have that, and when you really break it down it's just that fear and lack of confidence holding them back.

The other 20% is being able to afford them. The last 0% is not caring what others think of your diaper needs. And it really is 0% when you finally have that confidence.

I'm not sure I would even want to wear 24/7. I can on some days when I don't have to go into work, but working with choirs would make me uncomfortable. I also need to focus on what I'm doing and I don't want to have to worry if someone can tell if I'm wearing a diaper or worse, if it smells.

For me, wearing a diaper and wetting it makes me regress. That redirects my mind, so if I want to do something else and accomplish something at a skill level, it can be distracting. I certainly support others who want to wear 24/7. Each of us is different with different desires.

Wearing 24/7 would not work for me for several reasons.

First off, I don't think I'd be able to wear at work. I know others are able to do it, but I just don't think it'd be a good idea. Then there's wearing in front of family and to family events. Yeah, I've done it once, but I don't think I could always be wearing for every single family event. Eventually, they'd notice, and I don't want them to know I'm ABDL.

Second of all, I simply can't afford it. I can't increase the amount of money spend on diapers enough to wear 24/7.

Finally, diapers and some activities I like just don't mix. Running while padded is generally a bad idea. And any activity involving getting in the water, forget about wearing. Plus, I just don't think I could carry around a diaper bag and always change when out and about.

Would I like to wear more often? Yes. I might even be able to spend a weekend "24/7". But if you mean officially go 24/7, it's not going to happen.

No, i couldn't. I have too many people around me all the time. Sleeping at friends, showering at the gym (with friends), i live with my parents, i go on trips with friends and family etc. So i would basically have to change my lifestyle and activities drastically if i would like to try going 24/7 (without anyone knowing). Maybe some time in the future i can try it out :)

I actually can do this. The only things I have to do is train myself to use my diaper in public, learn how to wet my diaper without thinking about it, and put supplies in my backpack every day.

Kif you have made a very good point about burn-out. I struggle with that. As much as I want and am willing to try 24/7 I become too stimulated and need a release (so to speak) then I lose interest until a couple of hours later when I've recharged again. I think if I can overcome my arousal I can start to wear 24/7.

I am one of the people who can't afford 24/7 even though I have a physical need for preventative nighttime use (though I have never officially been diagnosed with bedwetting) because of my stress and memory reliving related accidents. I tried to do a 24 hour time diapered last Tuesday, but went to my limit of 4 diapers per little day and decided to change out at 4PM (when I started at 10PM the previous night). Still, 18 hours is nothing to scoff at despite my problems with not being able to BM frequently enough in my diaper. I did manage to do better with my wetting this time, but my rectal muscles were so unconsciously tightly closed that barely anything came out that day. I had constipation until Thursday when I ate some beans as a natural laxative.

So my problem would be mental and physical in terms of BM. It's easier to control my bladder than my bowels without some sort of assistance. I would also need to wear ABUs if I ever went 24/7 so that way I can be little (a tiny bit) without anyone noticing.

I wouldn't be able to afford it. That's pretty much the only reason I can't.

Otherwise, there'd still be some things I wouldn't be willing to get used to. Mostly just going to work padded, playing in my band padded, and messing with people home and in public.

I'm almost 24/7 wearing, but not 24/7 using. I'm using modded baby diapers and training pants, but even then, I can't afford a fresh one for every pee or poop. I also have limitations about how and when I can use my padding when I'm out of the house.

Overall, to me, the more I can wear, the better. My diapers are a security blanket and anti-anxiety medication.

since I wear cloth diapers, and fill in with disposables, I would have to do laundry a lot more often

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back