Status
Not open for further replies.

KryanAshford

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Lately I've realized how much I need my diapers. My depression is all but gone at this point. I feel stronger as a person and just comfort with me. Plus I feel like a cutie. I've never thought of myself as cute, usually only strong and dark. I'm thinking of going 24/7 for awhile, but I'm nervous and scared about doing it. I want to try for day to see if I could do it. I would like to hear from people who are, have been, or have done this before. What do I need? (Besides plenty of diapers) Changing at work is a non-option.

On another note I would like reward ideas for if I successfully do this. If diapers are the idea. I've tried Little Paws, Space, Barebums, Kiddos, Tena slip Maxi (old model) Molicare (Purple), and Tena ultra.

Make sure your diaper can easily hold up for a good 6 hours. And don't try taking them to their max capacity or the risk of leaks becomes too great. At lunch, just go out to eat at some restaurant and change your diaper there.

You will only need a small backpack, bag, or briefcase for a couple of spare diapers (one may fail, need changing early, or whatever, so always have a backup spare on hand). It's not a bad idea to wear black, loose fit, pants and have a backup pair of pants in your car too.

You can skip all the powders, creams, etc for changing at lunch time. They aren't needed for every single changing unless you're fighting a rash. Just use them in the morning and again when you get home.

Also make sure you're using a good diaper cover too. I like the Gary activewear PUL pants. They will muffle any noise if you're worried about diaper crinkling, but more importantly they will help contain any potential leaks while helping you to notice it before it becomes noticable to others.

Baby diapers used as boosters can also help with capacity too, if it's needed. Just note that while they increase total capacity they do nothing to improve your diapers overall performance or trustability, so get premium diapers to start with.

And lastly, don't worry about being outed for diaper noise or bulges. It's way more noticable to us as were already sensitive to it. Others simply do not notice it unless you make it obvious to them.

I usually work nights so no lunch breaks. It's still for six hours through. The best diaper cover I have is pairs of compression pants. If I do this I need to make it on one diaper. On another note, there is a person who knows about ABDL on my staff. They are the person I'm worried about noticing.

KryanAshford said:
I usually work nights so no lunch breaks. It's still for six hours through. The best diaper cover I have is pairs of compression pants. If I do this I need to make it on one diaper. On another note, there is a person who knows about ABDL on my staff. They are the person I'm worried about noticing.

Well, what I mean is have enough extra capacity in your diaper so you won't risk leaking. Most people work about 4 hours before taking a break so you'd want your diaper to last 6 hours.

If your work lasts 6 hours, then make sure you can trust your diaper lasting for 8 hours. This is especially important for sit down jobs too.

Compression pants don't work for holding back leaks, you will want to invest in a pair or two. Though the compression pants over that will help even more with concealment- as well as preventing diaper sag or expanding/swelling too much in any one spot.

As for your abdl aware coworker, wouldn't they actually be the first people you'd want to know. They are the least likely to ridicule us, and the most likely to gain supoort or friendship from. Normally.

What do you recommend for the holding back leaks. I haven't gotten that far in my diaper research.

Trust me no. I know this person personally and they are horrible when it comes to judging. They think the worst of us (ABDLs) I already got their full option on the subject. We were bored one day and the topic came up and I just pretended to not know a thing about it.

KryanAshford said:
What do you recommend for the holding back leaks. I haven't gotten that far in my diaper research.

Trust me no. I know this person personally and they are horrible when it comes to judging. They think the worst of us (ABDLs) I already got their full option on the subject. We were bored one day and the topic came up and I just pretended to not know a thing about it.

The thicker and more sap you can get in a diaper, the better. And trust me, a thin diaper which has leaked is way more noticable than a thick one that's done its job.

High leak barriers help a lot too. And make sure the diaper extends up to your actual waist line. Low rise diapers like abu, bambino, etc, all have problems with leaking over the top because they don't rise up high enough.

Confidry and Northshore are good for all of this, and betterdry is the best by far. Just note that no diaper is 100% leak proof. That's why I also mentioned needing a good diaper cover. And if that somehow manages to fail too, black pants hide wet spots really good.

Where do you get a good diaper cover?

Northshore carries the Gary PUL diaper covers, which are the best I have found.

KryanAshford said:
Where do you get a good diaper cover?

I got mine at adultclothdiaper.com, but they are sold online at a bunch of places. Just make sure it's the Gary, and activewear, PUL pants. Knockoffs like sanipant are useless. Plastic pants don't last anywhere near as long, and aren't as durable, or quiet either.

You sound like you're avoiding online orders at the moment though (not sure why), so you might be able to get a medical supply store to order or stock them for you too.

I've been close to being caught once already so I'm just being careful. As for medical supply store. We have maybe around here but none of them stock diaper or anything diaper related.

Now for powders, people here seem to like cornstarch. But what about some of the other non-diaper "consumables" would you guys recommend?

As for wipes, I'm really interested in some suggestions there. I have been using them for my BM since I like to be cleaner down below and regular TP just tears my backside up. I've tried a fair amount of some of the different brands like Cottonelle but I seem to have an allergic reaction to those--no fun at all. So far, the only ones I've found that I can tolerate are the Equate flushable wipes. Are there some other gentle but effective ones I can look out for? Flushable is not mandatory since I'm not allowed to flush the ones we are using due to the septic system.

These questions seem in-line with the OP. Perhaps both of us can be helped by this advice.

PaddedDeist said:
Now for powders, people here seem to like cornstarch.

These questions seem in-line with the OP. Perhaps both of us can be helped by this advice.

I'm incontinent and wear 24/7. I don't use powders. They're useless. Doctors don't even recommend powders for babies anymore. That's mostly because of the risk of babies inhaling the powder. Still, when a bunch of powder mixed with urine it becomes a gross clumpy piss paste. No thanks.

I use a good barrier cream (hydrolatem). It's super thick and protective. When you sit in a soggy diaper for 24 hours a day like I do, you'll realize the value of a good barrier cream over powders. Powders might help you feel a little dryer from sweat, but my diaper doesn't stay dry for long anyway and my urine output immediately overwhelms any benefit of powder.

I rarely get rashes and when I do I just used medicated baby diaper rash cream.

I used Northshore wipes. They're adult sized. I don't have bowel incon (and I'm not DL so I never purposely go #2 in diaper) so I can use one wipe per change just to neutralize the urine.

I need a daytime diaper. Something a bit more discreet. I tried a Kiddo's on this morning with my work clothes and had a major diaper butt. I'm thinking goodnites, thank to Starrunner's advice. I just want to hear more on the subject from others.

KryanAshford said:
I need a daytime diaper. Something a bit more discreet. I tried a Kiddo's on this morning with my work clothes and had a major diaper butt. I'm thinking goodnites, thank to Starrunner's advice. I just want to hear more on the subject from others.

Well you've already heard mine. A thick diaper which has done its job is way more discrete than a diaper that has leaked.

Baby diapers and goodnites simply do not have the capacity to hold up to an adult's bladder capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back