Night Owls represent! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdorbzLittleGirl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
So, who here is a night owl? Do you stay up a lot of hours and sleep late? Or are you the type of person who sleeps early ad gets up early?

I'm usually a night owl... but it depends on how tired I am the next day. I don't usually stay up a whole lot because it affects my anxiety at times. So, if I stay up one night.. I usually have to sleep the next night.

I remember, back when I was 4, trying my hardest to stay awake during the night. Probably fell asleep around 2 or 3, but at that age that was quite an accomplishment.

Then again I was stuck in the hospital with nothing better to do.

--sf

I used to be back when I was younger, would up until like 3am. Not so much now days (except Sunday nights, so I can watch GoT).

Yupp

I usually go to bed at 2am or 3am.

I got to bed at 4 am

I'm not one now but it's relatively easy for me to reset my internal clock. My wife and I used to keep late hours--often going to bed when the sun was starting to peek over the horizon. Once I got into college, I'd have around an hour commute to get to campus and I had to get up early regularly. That set me more to an earlyish wake up and sleep time. With some time I could jump back on that schedule but now my wife has to get up early to get ready for her new job and I'm the only one with a driver's license. lol

Wtf, how do you people even function during the day? I'm up at 5am, and it's hard for me to stay up till even 10pm. My wife is up at 4am too.

Slomo: It's just a matter of your own "internal clock" and how it is "set". Your body gets used to certain rhythms or patterns. You and your wife are well adjusted to that particular sleep schedule and your body will want to enforce that. Night owls are no different--it's just that their sleep-wake pattern is set up for a nocturnal lifestyle.

You can reset it by adjusting your sleep schedule but some people have more trouble changing their clock than others. The time that you live by a particular pattern might also affect how easy or difficult it is to readjust. But I'm not a medical professional--it's just my own experiences speaking here.

For some reason, it's not too difficult for me to change but it does take a few days.

I am currently a Night Owl... I go to bed at midnight most days after working into the night. When I was little I had a bedtime of 8PM then 9PM when I was in middle school then 10 pm when I was in high school. If I change my schedule I usually Have a lot of trouble adapting my sleep times...

PaddedDeist said:
Slomo: It's just a matter of your own "internal clock" and how it is "set". Your body gets used to certain rhythms or patterns. You and your wife are well adjusted to that particular sleep schedule and your body will want to enforce that. Night owls are no different--it's just that their sleep-wake pattern is set up for a nocturnal lifestyle.

You can reset it by adjusting your sleep schedule but some people have more trouble changing their clock than others. The time that you live by a particular pattern might also affect how easy or difficult it is to readjust. But I'm not a medical professional--it's just my own experiences speaking here.

For some reason, it's not too difficult for me to change but it does take a few days.

I'm not so sure about that. When you have to be at work by 6 or 8 am, going to bed at 2 or 4 am leaves you with less than a few hours of sleep each night. Now sure, a lot of places still don't open till 9am, but that would have the normal person still getting up by 7 at the latest.

I know I need more like 7 or 8 hours of sleep, so that puts my bed time around 9 or 10. But seriously, how can anyone function on less than 3 hours of sleep?

I usually go to bed - meaning I turn off my laptop and fall asleep - sometime in the midnight hour. How much sleep I get depends on if I'm going to the YMCA in the morning or not, and if I'm going in for the 9AM aqua aerobics class. Now that I'm getting into my mid-twenties, I think I'm starting to need a little less sleep - I think my idea 9 1/2 hours might be becoming, eh, 8 1/2 hours. If I sleep too long, I tend to wake up with pain behind my eyeballs.

I personally think that the ''early bird'' culture in America can be detrimental to people's well-being. I sometimes say that the reason there's so many crazy people is because they don't get enough sleep.

I work 3rd shift so I usually don't get home until 8 or 9am. On my off days going to bed early is anywhere from 2 to 5am.

I'm a musician and thus, a night owl. I think a lot of musicians are night owls. We tend to like playing into the wee hours of the night, something I used to do when I was a rock musician. I still stay up too late, even at my age. I often don't go to sleep until it's almost one in the morning.

Yep. I'm a total night owl. I tend to go to bed around 4am usually.

dogboy said:
I think a lot of musicians are night owls. We tend to like playing into the wee hours of the night, something I used to do when I was a rock musician.

The night sparks the most inspiration; a tradition carried on to this very day.

I'm just talking about getting into a specific sleep cycle. If you do have to be at work so early I would hope you were on a compatible sleep schedule or you're going to have a bad time...

[video=youtube_share;6Ls5j5iz2eA]https://youtu.be/6Ls5j5iz2eA[/video]

I agree with Dogboy.
I'm usually a night owl. An ardent one sometimes...
More recently, I've found enjoyment - and some musical inspiration too sometimes - to get up really early to enjoy sunrise. If I get tired I just go for a nap later if time allows it.

*HOOT!*
;-)
Absolutely a 'Night Owl'. Very difficult when I tried to work with 'Normal People', in my area. They're all 'Up-at-the-crack-of-dawn' type folk, roosters crowing for alarm clocks, the works. I'm perfectly fine with that, as that is the rhythm of their own lives. For myself? From the earliest memories I still possess, I reveled in staying-up all night, enjoying the quiet, peacefulness, tranquility. Watching the sunrise was my time to say- 'This was a good 'Day' spent, now time to get some sleep and pass the heat/frantic hours of daylight'!
I would've made the perfect vampire, 'cept I'm not that fond of the taste of blood. (don't ask how I know that).
::grins::

B.

Yes, I am a Night Owl.
I do my best thinking late at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back