Status
Not open for further replies.

SimCo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
For most of my diaper wearing years, I have gravitated toward so-called "nighttime" diapers, which have extra-high capacity designed to handle a night full of wettings. However, I have found I am not able to sleep in these diapers. I love wearing and wetting them during the day, but I am unable to fall asleep while wearing one, and I certainly don't have the peace of mind to wet freely through the night without fear of leaking.

Ironically, the best nighttime wearing experience I've had was wearing an attends overnight breathable brief. This is a cloth-backed disposable with 6 velcro tapes that can fastened and re-fastened an infinite number of times. I didn't wet heavily, but I slept comfortably through the night wearing this diaper. Since I don't normally wet in my sleep, I am beginning to think that comfort rather than capacity is the way to go for a good diapered night's sleep.

It seems the issue for you is that you're not use to the thickness of an overnight diaper. The thinner attends probably feels more like your regular underwear when you lay down compared to overnight diapers. You just have to get used to sleeping in overnight diapers by wearing them if you want to be able wear them and sleep comfortably.

If the Attends work for you and don't leak, why not just go that route. There is no rule to what type of diaper needs to be worn at night. I bet they are cheaper too than many of the premium ones that can hold more. Seems to be a win win to me.

Very few diapers I can't sleep in though Molicares with my stocky legs and their low bottom tapes could be a bit tight if I wasn't careful.

I definitely prefer an absorbent diaper but as a side sleeper don't want it to be too thick in the crotch area.

Argent said:
I definitely prefer an absorbent diaper but as a side sleeper don't want it to be too thick in the crotch area.

Awhile ago I was given a memory foam pillow to try to help with my sleeping. It didn't help and I just left it by my bed.

Then one night while trying to side sleep in a fairly wet and thick safari, I tried placing the pillow between my knees / thighs. I wasn't able to sleep terribly well, but it was a huge improvement. Gradually over the next few weeks I started doing that more and more, and now whenever I side-sleep I use that pillow, even if my diaper isn't too swollen at the time. I still wake up frequently and often have to turn to my other side, and flip the pillow with me, but it continues to work well to let me sleep comfortably. (and fall back asleep fast after making an adjustment)

I have almost the opposite experience! A nice thick nappy between my legs at night feels comforting and helps me sleep. As a night nappy I choose something like a Bellissimo or ABU Simple with two boosters, or a double consisting of a perforated medium Molicare or M4 inside and a large outside, so that the padding comes a long way up my back. A high-waist plastic pant leaves me almost guaranteed leakproof. The point of the extra thickness isn't greater absorbency, but so that I can feel it subconsciously all the time. Curiously, that seems to disturb your sleep but improves mine.

SimCo said:
For most of my diaper wearing years, I have gravitated toward so-called "nighttime" diapers, which have extra-high capacity designed to handle a night full of wettings. However, I have found I am not able to sleep in these diapers. I love wearing and wetting them during the day, but I am unable to fall asleep while wearing one, and I certainly don't have the peace of mind to wet freely through the night without fear of leaking.

Ironically, the best nighttime wearing experience I've had was wearing an attends overnight breathable brief. This is a cloth-backed disposable with 6 velcro tapes that can fastened and re-fastened an infinite number of times. I didn't wet heavily, but I slept comfortably through the night wearing this diaper. Since I don't normally wet in my sleep, I am beginning to think that comfort rather than capacity is the way to go for a good diapered night's sleep.

you can get used to anything.

I suddenly became a bedwetter. When I realized none of the treatments were working I realized I should give protection a try. I naively though depends real fit underwear would be a good place to start. after 2 nights of soaked bed, I started looking online for real diapers. I first landed on Abena L4. By all accounts night diaper. I also tried Dry 24/7.

I could not sleep at all for several nights wearing them as I found them so uncomfortable. But as my bedwetting got insanely out of control I really had no choice but to wear a diaper that was up to the challenge. I now wear a BetterDry every night. I fall asleep in minutes. It's just as thick as the Abena or Dry24/7. Hell, on nights when I'm sleeping at a relative's house (and I want to be 500% sure I won't leak) I'll wear the better dry with 2 boosters in it and I can't even close my legs and I'll still fall right to sleep.

Now, I feel like I'd have trouble falling asleep without a thick diaper on!

For me it was totally out of necessity as capacity is paramount for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back