Rift

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
I drive a 2000 Chevy Prizm and my car has been getting stuck in gear for the last couple weeks and I'm not sure how to fix it. Is there anyone here who knows anything about manual transmissions and how to replace master cylinder and clutch slave cylinders stuff like that like bleeding the slave cylinder? I would be greatly appreciative of any help I can get. I am no mechanic when it comes to dealing with cars but I have been watching some YouTube videos I pretty much just need a confirmation on it like a second opinion to make sure that I'm not messing anything up on my car because it's the only one I have and from my understanding of it all I have to do is pretty much bleed the slave cylinder after I find the bleed valve by pressing in the clutch and looting looting the valve draining the brake fluid from the cylinder while having something hold the clutch down in place while watching the reservoir and topping it off making sure that the reservoir doesn't go completely dry because they are saying that if you let the reservoir go completely try then it'll suck air and that kind of worries me about trying this myself. I have taken this to a mechanic and they recommended that I put a master cylinder in there and a clutch slave cylinder so I bought a new master cylinder from AutoZone and had it installed by the mechanic but its still getting stuck in gear so I went back to AutoZone and bought a new clutch slave cylinder . I still need to take it back to the mechanic and have that put in so I guess what I'm looking for while I'm waiting for the funds to do that is a temporary fix.

You could look at the Chilton's repair manual at your local library, or buy one, but you're talking about a very detailed job. Also, you should have another person help you to move and carry that transmission.

Bleeding a clutch system is pretty simple. If you have a friend who can help, just locate the bleeder screw. Once you've found it, put a wrench on it. Top up the clutch master, and have the friend pump the clutch pedal 5-10 times. On the last pump, have them hold the pedal to the floor, and crack the bleeder open slightly. If there is air, you'll see bubbles come out. Once it slows, tighten it back up, top up the reservoir again, and repeat until a solid stream comes out. Just make sure to close the bleeder before the stream stops completely or it'll suck air back in. Or you can purchase a hand bleeder tool and do it yourself, which is pretty easy.

When searching for information, everything in the engine bay is exactly the same as a Toyota Corolla of the same year. Same procedures too.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Thank you all very much for all your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back