Told my Mother

Status
Not open for further replies.

KimiWL

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
After about 15 years of being a completely closed ABDL I told it my mom today. Because it was my first outing, I was very nervous and slightly close to tears while talking. Fortunately, I have printed some texts before, which explains ABDL for support during the talk.

Her reaction was quite soberly. For example “I can't change it anyway” and “There is much worse than that”.
For me it was the best possible reaction from her. She can't understand it, but completely accepts this side from me without any drama. :)

So I made a great step in my ABDL life and can live it out with less concerns from today on. :)

Congratulations! I'm glad things went well for you. I hope that your journey continues to be a happy one

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Told my mom three months ago. She doesn't care. Makes my diapered life a whole lot easier.

People generally frown on the idea of telling parents, and often for good reasons. But everyone's case is different, and in some situations I believe it can be the right choice.

Enjoy!

I kinda want to tell my mom. Explain to her that it is more embarrassing that I like diapers, than dangerous. I keep this habit just at home anyway.

I think in cases of telling parents, you have to know your parents and sort of have an idea of how they're likely to react. We all sort of know. I knew my mom wouldn't accept it and I was proven right when she found my stuff and sent me to see a psychiatrist. Other parents are more easy going and accepting. They're the ones you usually can tell.

I always suspected my Mother knew I deliberately wet my bed during my teens.

ST50 said:
I always suspected my Mother knew I deliberately wet my bed during my teens.

Same here, remember mom demanding that I not wet the bed. To me that inferred she knew it was purposeful.

I think my parents thought I was wetting on purpose... I in fact was not, I couldn't help it

I told my dad like five years ago and it was not a easy thing to do but he didn't make it a big deal he just helped me get what I need to not wake up in the morning and middle of the night with a wet bed now I have a job so I don't have to be reliant on him as much

I will never understand why one must tell their parents about this. In most cases all you accomplish is troubling them. I can see why you would want to do it while still living at home. But this is a limited time and when you are out on your own you will have all the time for it...
Now, I do want my kids to trust me and to tell me everything that's on their mind...but stuff like this just doesn't concern me. It's so private and intimate.

- - - Updated - - -

I will never understand why one must tell their parents about this. In most cases all you accomplish is troubling them. I can see why you would want to do it while still living at home. But this is a limited time and when you are out on your own you will have all the time for it...
Now, I do want my kids to trust me and to tell me everything that's on their mind...but stuff like this just doesn't concern me. It's so private and intimate.

pampersguy said:

- - - Updated - - -

For most people, no, it's not necessary. But everyone's situation is different. I'm autistic and unable to find employment, so I'm stuck living at home indefinitely. I also do not drive, and my mother doesn't work, meaning she's at home most of the time, making it hard to sneak in diapers and other baby items. The idea had occurred to me plenty of times before, but I finally decided to confess to my mother when I was informed I could have possibly been facing a serious health condition. (I later saw a cardiologist who said I was fine, but anyway.) When they told me that, I knew I could not deal with it without the things that comforted me the most.

I now view my doctor's misdiagnosis as a gift. Without it, I would not have gained my mother's acceptance and my new-found freedom. I now get to enjoy diapers everyday. I wear to bed every night, and it seems to have almost completely wiped out my anxiety about sleeping.

For me, it was the right choice to make.

pampersguy said:

- - - Updated - - -

Because for most abdl's, diapers are far more than just some sexual fetish that should be rightfully kept behind a closed door. Thry are more than a private or intimate thing too. It is a part of who we are. And if you intend anyone to know and accept you, then they will also need to know about this part too.

Plus, telling someone about abdl's in a controlled manner is almost always going to have a better understanding for them (where they actually benefit from this). AND, they should also be able to realise you are trusting an often embarassing and innermost thing that can make us feel vulnerable if abused or used against us. This level of trust we give them is anoter way they benefit, and can return it the same.

Further more, their knowing will trouble them less overall should they come across or stash or accidentally see or spot us being diapered. So yet another benefit for them knowing.

Then of course, there's our benefits of them knowing too. Less or no stress in trying to keep it hidden. No more problems with getting diaper shipments. And knowing we are accepted for who we are by them too.

Knowing all of this, it actually becomes more of a question of why you wouldn't tell those close to you about your diapers. Why wouldn't you want to trust and know what is going on in a loved one's life, or vise versa. And that is something which last a life time, not just while you're living with them.

pampersguy said:

- - - Updated - - -

For a long time ABDL was a negative thing for me.
I love diapers since I was a little kid. Until this year I didn't know about ABDL and thought that I am the only person who have this feelings. Mostly I felt guilty and was ashamed for it. But mainly I felt left alone, which was the most terrible thing about it. After I learned about ABDL and accepted this side from me it was important for me that I have this outing to finally process my past.
Now I can really enjoy my diaper and adult baby life. The little less hiding at home is a nice side effect :)

bigbluehusky said:
I think my parents thought I was wetting on purpose... I in fact was not, I couldn't help it

when we were kids my cousin and i didnt have to tell mom and aunt mary. we were wet most nights, and they knew it wasnt on purpose. i just wish we had diapers, taking off soaked pjs and underwear aint a lot of fun. (on a seperate subject: hey big blue i really love your husky avatar. he is really great in his diaper. )

Yeah But...

pampersguy said:

- - - Updated - - -

Sometimes it feels better to get something like this off your chest tho

Their afraid of going through something like leaving a pair of plastic pants out accidentally . I had this happen and wish I could just be honest. The relative that found my plastic pants said it was ok. I wish I could come out so threes no surprises.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back