Cloth diapers without Pins

Status
Not open for further replies.

joelvc

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I am interested to try cloth diapers, but I am not too keen on pins, as I think it looks funny in front of my family (a little childish).
What do you guys think of the possibility to have a AIO or the one you can slide a diaper in the over-pant (forgot how it is called). In this last case, could you use a disposable booster (like Tena has) instead of cloth?
Looking for your experience on evaluating and starting cloth without pins.
Thanks!

joelvc said:
I am interested to try cloth diapers, but I am not too keen on pins, as I think it looks funny in front of my family (a little childish).
What do you guys think of the possibility to have a AIO or the one you can slide a diaper in the over-pant (forgot how it is called). In this last case, could you use a disposable booster (like Tena has) instead of cloth?
Looking for your experience on evaluating and starting cloth without pins.
Thanks!

Well cloth diapers with pins still need a good diaper cover over it. Just don't get clear or see through, and thry won't see your diaper pins. Easy.

Or better yet, maybe you should be wearing shorts or pants over the diaper. Thry definitely won't see your diaper pins that way.

And who says you have to use pins anyways. Check out snappies or boingos. y are alternate methods of securing a cloth disper without using pins at all.

A cloth diaper without pins can be messy. The pins hold the diaper in place and tight around the waist. I have routinely worn cloth diapers and need the pins to secure it

i find pins tricky ad I never get the diaper tight enough

Google Snappi diaper fasteners all the greatness of cloth and no pin pricks.

All in One diapers will take a long time to dry, and you can't put them in the dryer. I would take the above suggestions and wear a cloth pre-fold, pin it or use boingos and then conceal it with opaque or colored plastic pants. As others have said, if you don't want your kids seeing the pins, should they be seeing the diaper, or is that just an short glimpse?

icklespace said:
i find pins tricky ad I never get the diaper tight enough

I've found that pulling things tight then pinning from front to rear holds good. Pinning from back to front, I have trouble keeping it tight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back