Status
Not open for further replies.

OriginalT

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Little
  3. Carer
Just out of curiosity, Are any of you prepared for an apocalypse? of any kind? What would be your plan? what would you take?

DL's- Would you seek out diapers - and if IC, how do you think you would manage? would that be one of the things you would pack in a frenzie or would you forget them? what would happen if you ran out?

Littles, would you bring any little stuff if you had to suddenly get up and run and only bring essentials? do you think you would go into little space? if so when and how do you think you would do? would you try and make at least some time for your little self if your relatively safe?

Care givers, would you still be okay acting as such on the run from zombies or nukes or anything? how might you deal with a little? Would you even let someone slip into littlespace if doing so might endager them?

Last edited:
Interesting question.

Since I am not a gun owner and don't plan to become one, in a truly apocalyptic scenario I would pretty much be up the creek without a paddle. ^.^;; I would be unable to defend any supplies I had saved.

In a more short-term emergency situation I'm very well-stocked on non-perishable food, toilet paper, diapers, and a portable camp stove that runs on twigs and pine cones. Not to mention the charcoal grill. I have enough food and water to sustain myself for approximately a month... it may not be fine dining, but it's things I know I can eat.

A few years ago there was a snowstorm here that closed the roads for 4 days. The power was also out, which meant (where I lived at the time) the well pump was also out, so no running water. I ran frighteningly low on food during that storm... and I decided that would never happen again.

My job in the Marines was to train those in my unit on proceedures and protection from nuclear chemical and biological attacks. There are actually proceedures for going to the bathroom safely in contaminated environments when you are wearing a protective suit. After teaching the class i would usually say something like "Since none of you dumbasses are going to remember any of that, you will probably just get yourself killed if you try any of that. So, just remember one thing, your safest bet is to just go in your pants and worry about it when you get to a non-contaminated area."
So yeah when shit hits the fan in more ways than one, diaper will still have your six.

Oddly, I remember this question coming up here a few times before over the years. My answer stays pretty much the same. I love diapers and baby stuff but they fall well below survival on my hierarchy of needs. In the event of apocalypse, zombie or otherwise, they're going to be a rounding error until such time as I'm dead or things stabilize.

I remember writing a very brief, several paragraph story about a zombie apocalypse and an AB/DL guy stuck in a house with a lot of his friends all the while being attacked by zombies. Lots of fun!

In reality, if there was a real apocalypse, my wife wouldn't survive more than a couple of weeks without being able to dialyze and no insulin. A lot of diabetics would soon die. Our family has a cottage in a remote part of northern Canada. There are no roads as you have to make the last leg of the trip via boat. That's probably where I'd go, bringing my gun. We have shotguns and amo up there and lots of wood for the wood stove. We've often lived all the fish we catch and we grow vegetables.

Like Trevor said, diapers would be my very last concern.

At the very least, I would take a pacifier and a couple stuffed animals. Because such a situation would be very stressful, and baby things are my comfort objects, they would be essentials to me.

Other things like diapers and my bottles, I would like to bring, especially the diapers, because they help with my anxiety. But I'm not sure how that would work out logistically with my father around.

Imma tapdance my way through the apocalypse.

I think if an actual apocalypse happened, I'd probably just put all diapers and ABDL stuff, as well as almost everything I enjoy, on hold and just focus on survival until things are safe again.

Well in the fire department I was on a rescue company , I was the decontamination trainer for radio active emergency personnel decontamination and control , I am not a huge fan of guns but know I can lay hands on them rapidly if needed , as a ham I have radios and off grid access to power banks(batteries) solar and generator, food & water ready to shelter in place or forward deploy to an area that needs assets,my house is brick windows are few and have frames that i could unsecure and exit but from the outside you would need a hurst tool to get in , as i live in an area that is multi cultural and has a large youth gang problem my doors a reinforced double walled steel that can defeat most civilian ammo , several homes around the corner have the same doors and have been strafed with small automatics , handguns and rifle fire and not penetrated , so i could probably hold out without trouble for several months without needing resuply (living just off a rail line,I know where the rail yards, sidings and depots are ) and via work with DHS/FEMA/CDC I know where and how to access many interagency caches for anything from weapons to vaccines as well as where any remaining active civil defense caches are (in fact even the non maintained ones can still provide security and shelter ) the civil defense stuff is really only known by us old timers that were involved back in the day ,but that knowledge has proved usefull at times like 9/11 to secure and rest for important people , so you might say I am more prepared then Joe blow off the street ,but each incident or event is an unknown and even the more prepared can go first (as in dead) depending what goes down and were ,I have everything from antibiotics to a defibrillator at home plenty of sutures and medical supplies and being a paramedic and nurse know how to use them. So I am pretty confident if the event is survivable I will be able to but then again in an actual event if I survive I switch hats & become homeland and am duty bound to render aid and support rebuilding my AO or if my area is not involved to deploy to a community that needs assistance , ultimately all that traing and preparation may be for nothing as i am mobility impaired now it's hard to get around a disaster zone in a wheelchair .I could now be a tremendous waste of knowledge ! Go figure?

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I keep an emergency survival can and a gun in my car at most all times, a few extra diapers too. (In case the roads/cars go down). At home I have more guns, and a fully stocked pantry that should last me about three months with rationing, 1-2 months of disposable diapers and backup cloth diapers that will last years.

If it's a situation where we can't stay, I have a camper and isolated area near the rockies we can hide out at.

After the first three months of die-offs I would need more diapers (I'm incontinent and a dl). I doubt diapers would be harder to find than food though, so I wouldn't be too worried about that.

Cloth diapers would likely be the way to go since they could be washed and re-used. They would likely get a bit funky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back