Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi!

Default Hi!

Hi everyone! Like most of the new members I am a long time lurker too!
    But now I decided to join this community that is also my first forum of this topic.
    I don't know how many people here are from different countries. I am from Germany and sorry if my english is not very good.
    Some of you might think: "Why is he not searching a german community?" - The answer: I don't really know. It could be that the DL part of me is still foreign for me and therefore I chose a community in a foreign language...
    I hope that this community can help me to accept this part of me with that I am struggling nearly me entire life (I am 20 now).
    I am looking forward to some interesting discussions and new experiences.

Welcome, your English is as good (or maybe better) than some of our members whose 'native' tongue is English.
    Could you fill us in on some of your hobbies and interests (other than the obvious one of diapers). See you around the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by hugfix View Post
    Hi everyone! Like most of the new members I am a long time lurker too!
    But now I decided to join this community that is also my first forum of this topic.
    I don't know how many people here are from different countries. I am from Germany and sorry if my english is not very good.
    Some of you might think: "Why is he not searching a german community?" - The answer: I don't really know. It could be that the DL part of me is still foreign for me and therefore I chose a community in a foreign language...
    I hope that this community can help me to accept this part of me with that I am struggling nearly me entire life (I am 20 now).
    I am looking forward to some interesting discussions and new experiences.
    Hi and welcome to the site. Your English is quite good so I don't think you will have any problems communicating. I hope you enjoy the site. Your participation will be welcome and it will make you one of the ADISC family.

Thank you!
    Well my interests are everything about computers, information technology, cars and stuff like that. And I love photography.

Welcome hugfix!
    I hope you will find what you are looking for...greetings to Germany!

Hi Hugfix!

Ich bin Erfeut, Se Kennen zu lernen.

Maybe that was too formal? I like German and their formalities. But I am not good at knowing what to say in what situation.

I hope you stay, we are very friendly. Hopefully you will get the confidence/courage in your feelings to visit German sites.

Why the name Hugfix?

Hi,
    ich freue mich auch euch kennenzulernen!

@isnotavailable88 yeah it is a bit too formal for online communities We usually say "du" instead of "Sie" online. But in "reallife" you would say "Sie" instead of "du" to people you don't really know. It is sometimes a little bit difficult so just say "Sie" until somebody offers you "du" But at university we students say "du" to each other but not to the professors an teachers of course because that would be disrespectful.
    I think this is easier in English. To much formalities can be complicated^^
    Just ask if you want to know something.

The name hugfix is a pun.
    The "fix" in it because I was wearing diapers called "Fixies" as a kid. That have been the last diapers that my parents bought for me.
    And the word "hug" because I just ordered my first Huggies DryNites that I am wearing right now. I really like them and they are definitely what I was looking for a long time. They are really squishy when wet. I am looking forward to put one on every night.
    I like them because they are very thin so you can wear them under a pyjama and they are barely visible. That makes me feeling like I would be a child again needing them for bed. Usally I don't wear diapers very often so my nights are dry because I have full control. But I think until now they would be wet Of course the huggies an not the bed^^

Yeah, I hear about the Sie/du thing a lot in school.

Also, I am guessing Fixies is a German brand? It sounds like a German false-friend, how you call your cell phone "Handy". I tried to do a quick google but bumped into a German catroon of the same name. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=595YJge1kk0

I have found some German kids shows interesting to watch, given that German isn't my mother tounge, there is a lot of cognitive energy put into understanding it. Which in a way, makes it more engaging to watch.

Hey,
    hahaha, I didn't know that cartoon before!
    Yeah, we say "Handy" to our cellphone most of the time^^ Sometimes we say "Smartphone" or just "Telefon" or the brand name itself but never "cellphone".
    Yes, Fixies was a german brand by the Paul Hartmann AG before they sold it to a french company called Novacare S.A. back in 2005. But I think they are insolvent now. So there are no Fixies diapers anymore. Sad story...
    Maybe you have heard about the brand Molicare. It is also a brand by the Paul Hartmann AG.

German is a difficult language to learn. Keep it up! I am looking forward to improve my English too. I think we can learn from each other!

Hey, welcome to the forums! I hope you will enjoy your stay here and as for choosing English based forums, I think it may be because you won't find any bigger communities around the world than in English as it's most wide-spoken language in the world, so it is pretty much an obvious choice isn't it? I would choose bigger community, where I can fit better and learn more from in any foreign language that I can speak/write at than stay at smaller forums for only people from your countries. And now that English is international I don't really see a point of being afraid of English communities as there shouldn't be any language barriers, not for younger generation at very least. Your English is very good, I hope you will enjoy your stay here!