Premium on girls' diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquasailor

Pull-Ups archivist
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
One trend I have observed is that girls' diapers are more expensive than boys' diapers, especially vintage plastic diapers on ebay. Are there less of them in existence than boys' diapers or is the demand really that high? Were there more girls born during the 1990's than boys? I have wondered this for a long time, and it still gets to me to this day. I would like to know everybody else's thoughts on this.

A lot of AB/DLSs tend to be "girly" and even if not baby girl stuff is the most attractive is it not? I bought my first baby diapers in the late 80s and though I'm straight I bought Luvs for Girls. I still have the pack with three left, valuable you say? I may have to ebay em. Any bidders?

Agreed, I think it is just that the demand is higher for girl's designs.

There is less production of larger girl diapers due to faster development of continence. Also boy diapers can be considered unisex, while most parents wouldn't think of putting a girl diaper on a boy.

I think it's partially a factor of "what you can't have" for men.

From what I remember the trend of different diapers for boys and girls started to dissappear in the late 80's early 90's. Some off brands continued with the trend but the big brands went on to a single unisex diaper and eventually everyone went with that model.

I'm glad the companies that produce abdl products are willing to take the risk and make things like Rearz princess and abu lavender. I just hope the trend continues and we have more options. For me the more cutesy/sissy/girly it is the better.

I wasn't aware of girl diapers being more expensive than boy diapers

Im pretty neutral as long as they're cute. But I lean on the girls side mainly because I'm councious that people think they're for me when Im in line. Which they are lol

One look at those pink plastic backed Huggies for Her from the '90s makes me want them way more than any other vintage diaper.... I imagine lots of people feel the same way driving the price upto insane points.

When I think how many of those we had used and discarded (you know for babies and kids) I slap my head in wonder I didn't put aside cases of them.

All of your responses are intriguing. I was thinking there were more factors that I didn't take into consideration. I also think it's because both male and female AB/DLs are attracted to the designs and the aesthetics. I too think it's great to see AB/DL companies making girly diapers for their customers. There's also the supermarkets for girls' Pull-Ups/Goodnites/Drynites/etc :) Strange enough, I'm comfortable buying girls' diapers from the supermarkets since the cashiers will think they are for somebody else.

I personally have an affection for girls' diapers as opposed to boys' diapers. On that note, I too am a straight male. I just didn't think the demand was so high! Unfortunately, I had no access to girls' diapers whatsoever since I discovered I was a DL, simply because I was afraid of what my parents would think of me.

One look at those pink plastic backed Huggies for Her from the '90s makes me want them way more than any other vintage diaper.... I imagine lots of people feel the same way driving the price upto insane points.

Wow, I had a bunch of those around 1995 and donated them to Goodwill years later when I was tired of the effort to make them fit and gendered Goodnites had come along. Should have kept them to sell on eBay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back