Status
Not open for further replies.

KryanAshford

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I've been super bored lately and haven't been able to get over it. Most of the time I end up buying stuff hoping it will make it stop, but it's mostly a stop gap. I just don't know what to do. I'm trying to keep this from turning into depression, but I'm not sure how well I'm doing.

I know the feeling. I mean, aside from having little trips here and there... life has been quite uneventful for me. It's even worse because we have a fixed income that gets mostly spent on bills and food... and we run out of money before the start of the month is over as well. So, going on longer adventures is often not a option either. The worst part is that I often get caught up in routine so much that I actually get super bored of it. I've tried doing things at home that I wouldn't usually do to ease the boredom I have... but that just worsens my anxiety. Mostly because my routine is very important to me, even if it can also bore me to death.

I agree, if I don't have a trip or event too look forward too I feel like I am just wasting my life. If money is an issue I like to go into the city, pretend to be a tourist, and strike up a conversation with a "local" to get ideas of something I've never done before. Good way to fine great food.

You need to pick up a hobby.

I have a lot of hobbies, but hobbies cost money. Video games, Comics, Diapers. (Yes diapers are a hobby) and movies. They all cost money.

KryanAshford said:
I have a lot of hobbies, but hobbies cost money. Video games, Comics, Diapers. (Yes diapers are a hobby) and movies. They all cost money.

Isn't that what a job is for? To support your ability to live you life (which includes hobbies).

Me at least, I work so I can live. I do not live so I can work.

My job barely pays me enough to live. I think I've been getting less than I should be for me position. I only get about 1000 a month

It's migrated to depression, but I've been fighting it off as best as I can.
I am full time. I work 40+ hours a week with maybe one day off a week. Sometimes I tend to get called in because they (the other managers) can't cut it. I'm still in town on my off time because they can't be trusted alone.

Texas and 7.50 an hour min
Tech? or Semi Tech?

I just fight it to the best of my ability for now. There's no help like that around here beside pills.

KryanAshford said:

I have the same situation.

The problem of boredom is that you have to much time to think about things.

Like Starrunner said running or going for a walk or ????? is a way to occupy your mind and not dwell on "personal issues" that can lead to depression.

I have a lot of hobbies and "projects" so that I have alternatives to occupy my time.

The downside to it is, these coping mechanisms can become a problem when I am depressed because I spend so much time doing coping mechanisms then doing "life requirements".

So the key (FOR ME) is set schedule of daily tasks and then constructively occupying down time.

It is all a balancing act that takes time to establish.

Hope this helps

Egor

I live in a oil town. Most people work for oil companies, so cost of living is higher than normal here.

I manage a local pizza place. My most is cruel and plays favorite and treat our best workers like crap. Myself included. She treats the slow and unhelpful with kid gloves. My boss just hired another manager and let them get ten hours over time. If I get over 3 I get chewed out.

I'm stable. My mother helped me back to normal.

Wow, yeah sorry to hear that. Less than minimum wage, and as a manager? You are definitely being underpaid. And definitely a lawsuit waiting to happen.

KryanAshford said:

Library books are free. I have read literally 1000's of books (personal library =1400 before I stopped buying and started using the library). I also ran for over 30 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back