Not open for further replies.

PaddedDeist

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
While I have not been hit with IC from my Parkinson's I do have to pee often and I get that urgent feeling. But I seem to be able to clamp down on it and avoid an accident so far. I have only just recently started to wear diapers for how they make me feel but I have kept that pretty secret from everyone.

Now being IC 24/7 is a DL's dream but from with some of the reading I have been doing, the reality does not always reflect the fantasy. Still the idea of being able to wear all the time has a certain attraction.

The conflict here is that becoming IC due to my Parkinson's is frightening since it means that my condition has gotten worse--and there are many other things that can go wrong as well as things "progress." I think my greatest fear is dementia--I watched my mom go through that before she died.

I feel your pain on the dementia front I am at high risk of it developeing early,the good news on that is I am dying so I think that is one lemon I will not be making lemonade with.
I am IC and in wheelchair "so obvious broken toy"I became DL to make it more intresting I have challenged myself to wear every diaper for at least a day , ever since ABDL stuff started coming out , dealing with our illness is not fun but living well in spite of it all is the best in your face to mother nature.think nothing of ignorant people and any looks the give you for shopping in a scoot ,just think one day they will be in your shoes and they will get a taste there own medicine , everybody knows me where i shop Been using the place 18 years , they know i'm pleasant friendly always telling jokes and fiercely independent but at the same time I can be a sick to people for parking in the handicap ,if don't have frozen food I will park behind yhem and tell them I am out of gas and forgot my wallet , then when I have pissed them off intake out my notepad right there plate number down , flash my brass pass and tell them next time will cost them drop by the station give them the plate on my way home , so if they do it again they get repeat offender fine ,rarely do i run into any mouth ,ignorance and stupidity are different and people dont want to tread on a badge in a chair and find out what that will get them .so don't sweat it ,if you don't mind they dont matter, karma will get them.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I have my parking placard too and I get really annoyed when I don't see one in a vehicle in a handicap spot. Since my wife just got a job recently, she wants us to get real cell phones and I'll likely Facebook shame illegal parkers. I resisted as long as I could before I just had to break down and get the placard. It was the same with riding the scoot--I just reached a point where I had to get on and ride around the store. I'm still fighting against getting a walker but I know it's in my near future but I also have a damaged rotator cuff and my other arm is the one most prone to tremors so I'm not sure how well it would work.

Somewhere have a national web of shame were you can post there pictures I will locate it and send it to you. You sound like me ,my right was completely paralyzed from the shoulder down , i have the privledge of having a little gremlin running around were and when it stops and for how long i will be paralyzed is always different its been minutes to 5 years,but it proved to be almost a blessing because it "promoted" straight to a special circumstances wheelchair normally the insurance company will nickel and dime you to into a "rent a wreck" but I went to specialized center with all the evaluations by doctors , ot, pt ,the whole nine yards the doc had no idea what I had looked it up and told them he gets everything and anything you can put on it,because wheelchairs aren't really modular you cant add functions , you have to buy a new chair every time your condition changes ,with me he said I may not need a function now but that could change in minutes so they gave me a full power chair that tilts, reclines, elevates can drop down like a lowrider to the right and left and turns into a stretcher or stands me up, otherwise I would have like 20 wheelchairs around the house and then my place wouldn't be accessible anymore, so it cost as much as a new chevy but wallmart wouldnt like the new door or isle size if a drove a car in to get milk .geting seating evaluations and such is time and money intensive , i wasnt walkin well i couldnt apply the brakes without the rollator taking off and i was literaly weeks away from no mobility .
I will say its fun to watch people squirm when you got to a doctors office check in and the person says have a seat in the waiting room ,they suddenly realize you may have just offended them , so i always tell them a good comfortable chair is hard to find so i brought my own, but thanks they laugh smile and realize i am not knob about it , always leave them laughing !

My wife is a diabetic amputee on kidney dialysis, so I get frustrated when people who can walk reasonably well, take up the handicapped parking spots. My wife and I, especially my wife, take one day at a time. We try to enjoy each day that we have. At the same time, I try not to think of what the future will bring. We all go downhill as we age. I'm 69 years old and I hurt a lot more than I did 10 years ago. Like you said, we all "progress".

Try to do the things you enjoy and if wearing diapers is one of them, to hell with anyone who has a problem with it. That's how I feel about my diaper wearing. I'm under constant stress and worry, and wearing diapers makes me feel a lot better. How can that be a bad thing!

My dad has problems with his knees. He also has arthritis in his joints, and he has the handicap plates. He gets really upset when people take them up and don't need them as well, especially at Walmart. It's even worse when the snowbirds are around, but that's not really their fault.

Also, I totally agree with what Dogboy says. I know it's hard, but you shouldn't let others make you feel bad about it. I also know that Michael J. Fox has this. I haven't actually hard much about him...

I was the same when I first became urge incontinent. I had been a DL my whole life, and wanted to transition to diapers 24/7. But then I got into a bad wreck, and the urges started. They were also "manageable" at first, and I could clamp down hard enough to no pee myself.

All this time I did wear diapers anyways, but still tried to maintain a resemblance of control. This backfired horribly on me though. Eventually, whenever I got an urge, my sphincter would automatically clamp down. It became disconnected from my conscious control, and I had to strain and push to pee.

This developed into a full blown detrusor sphincter dyssynergia, and bladder sphincter dyssynergia. I have had a whopping seven sphincterotomy type surgeries to correct it. And yet still developed strictures that have me currently blocked off and unable to pee even a little. I am looking at a full blown urethroplasty surgery in a couple of months to fix this too.

DO NOT CLAMP DOWN WHEN YOU NEED TO PEE. Trust me on this, you're better off using the diaper. It is much worse not going when you need to versus going uncontrollably all the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit, and for what it's worth. I also have a handicapped plate, and will park in those spots at big places. When I get out, I usually won't have any outwardly signs of being disabled (mostly). However, I have a max 15 minutes of standing/walking before I'm in serious pain from a bad leg and two bad knees. I very much need that shorter distance when returning to my car. That doesn't stop people from questioning or heckling me when I park there though. I know I need it though, and have learned to just ignore them.

Perhaps I should not clamp down and just pee myself--that would certainly open up my need for diapers before I could develop dyssynerga and my wife knows what some of the stuff I may be hit with having Parkinson's. Embarrassing but better than having more potential surgeries--my shoulder might need surgery and I may need surgery for the numbness in my pinky and and adjoining finger on my left hand.

Getting out of the car--or after sitting in general, I'm pretty stiff and it takes a bit to be able to move better. An object at rest really wants to stay at rest. I often have to grab the outside of my car to help pull myself out. I think my next vehicle is going to have to be easier to get in and out of than my dying Neon. I think that saves me grief while parking but I could do without all that stiffness.

I still look reasonably young--especially after a good haircut which can remove up to 10 years off of my apparent age so it's usually when I'm in the cart that I get stares.

I don't know if you have Seen these or it may help you , they sell a little handle (the deluxe nodel i think has a led flashlight in it ) that will insert in to the door frame locking apparatus as needed to give you another point of leverage or grab when transferring into or out of vehicle to assist you most places that sell mobility equipment has them and they might be available on Amazon I never looked ,it helped me transfer in and out for awhile but at some point I left in a rental care or something and lost it ,it's universal to fit all vehicles and trucks (They left out motorcycles but I don't think that's a big issue for us ).
Hair cuts do help also shaving my beard ,I am not even 50 yet, everywhere I go they try to give me a senior discount which even though i am on a very fixed and thin budget , i can not accept ,ive have actually argued with a person who said just take the discount you would pass for legit no one will know ,I told them I will know? .

I'll look for one of those--great idea. I'm not to far from 50 but I haven't been offered senior discounts yet.

My father in law had Parkinson's and he has one of those handles in his and my mother in law's cars along with one in my wife's car that he rides in often. He says they help out immensely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dogboy said:
My wife is a diabetic amputee on kidney dialysis, so I get frustrated when people who can walk reasonably well, take up the handicapped parking spots. My wife and I, especially my wife, take one day at a time. We try to enjoy each day that we have. At the same time, I try not to think of what the future will bring. We all go downhill as we age. I'm 69 years old and I hurt a lot more than I did 10 years ago. Like you said, we all "progress".

Try to do the things you enjoy and if wearing diapers is one of them, to hell with anyone who has a problem with it. That's how I feel about my diaper wearing. I'm under constant stress and worry, and wearing diapers makes me feel a lot better. How can that be a bad thing!

Around town here in Salem, N H 99% of the time in daytime I do not get to use a handicapped parking space at the Market Basket Supermarket in the Salem Plaza Shopping Center or at the Walmart 4 miles north, despite having a legitimate blue handicapped tag because of my Cerebral Palsy.
Too few parking spaces.
Plus, I have noticed some people using the spaces just for convenience.

Yeah, hitting different places you see all the handicapped parking packed and usually the people parked there have their placard. But it does burn me up when someone takes that spot. Even if you have a legitimate reason to want to park there you still have to have that placard hanging from your mirror or on your dash.

I am beginning to wonder if I have been missing signs of problems I have been having like rushing to the bathroom or having to go back after having just already went? That sudden urgent need to go and frequently. Perhaps I have on some level realized that i was heading in this direction and my reawakening of loving diapers is partly a mechanism to deal with what I feel is going on? I deal with too many things that trigger my serious depression and Parkinson's in general also feeds that depression. Perhaps this is an unconscious attempt to find a silver lining since I have been getting tempted way too often lately to just go hang myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back