Ned nighttime help

Status
Not open for further replies.

wheelman21

Company Rep
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
Hi everyone. I need some community advice. I've been using Tranquility ATN every night for a lot of years for my incontinence overnight. They've worked well and there's usually only the occasional leak. But the problem is, recently my wife has been having a reaction to the outer cover when we sleep at night. They cost about 72 cents each when purchased by the case, making them a very affordable option. Does anyone have any other cost effective options for night time? Cloth is not an option as my wife is happy to change disposable diapers, but doesn't want to deal with cloth. I need some help here. Thanks!

Easy ware sleep shorts over the diaper.

if you can fit into them, running shorts are good too.

Adding to the above--when she changes you, she should wear gloves to protect her hands unless that doesn't seem to bother her.

You think that was bad, before we got married, my wife discovered that she had a latex allergy. And it wasn't from wearing latex gloves on our hands...outch...:frown:

You might try wearing PUL plastic pants over them and see if she's allergic to that.

>Ned

MV5BZGRhMzFkYWUtMWQ2Zi00NzI3LTljNTYtMzk5MDkzYjMzN2NjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTg3Njg4ODI@._V1_.jpg

Had a crush on him in about 2005? 2006?

wheelman21 said:
I've been using Tranquility ATN every night for a lot of years for my incontinence overnight. They've worked well and there's usually only the occasional leak. But the problem is, recently my wife has been having a reaction to the outer cover when we sleep at night.

Sounds like she may have an allergy similar to how some people react to latex gloves. Just wear some boxers over them. Boxers make great diaper covers for me, to prevent my wrists from getting jabbed up on diapers that have rough tapes or really hard taping panels. (I sleep on my back for a lot of the night, with my hands on my thighs)

You can also cut open the crotch on them and turn them into a bit of a skirt design, which will fix any physical restrictions you run into with your diaper bulge down there. I've also found that the waist elastic on the boxers, compounded with the elastic in the waist of my diaper, sometimes is a bit too much around my waist - if that's the case, just get a size larger of boxers so they fit looser.

Boxers are cheap, usually $12 or so for five at walmart iirc. They usually sell variety packs of different variations of plaid. Or you can get a 2-pack of all-white. (I prefer those)

Oh btw, you might want to put on freshly washed sheets when you switch to covered up diapers. Sometimes powders and residues from plastic can shed into fabric, which could be enough to continue to irritate her even after you've covered up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back