Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Doc McStuffins promotes LGBT rights, Moms freak out...

Quote Originally Posted by MassIncon View Post
    just pointing out the liberal irony....she's a social justice warrior but does the exact same thing she would admonish others for. There was no need to bring race into it, yet she did which indicates she has a real issue with white men...that's both racist and sexist.....so, if the shoe fits...

I agree with what is in bold...I might add "if you don't like guns, don't buy one".

kind of interesting too that you take issue with kids being sent to religious schools to be essentially brainwashed (as you see it), but you have no issue, it seems, with children being sent off to public Marxist indoctrination "schools".

Also, I have no idea where you came up with the idea that I think it is damaging to grow up with gay parents. You literally just made that up about me. Please refrain from doing that.
    Starrunner is male.

Well, my opinion is that gun control is for the greater good, but I am not going to drag this thread in another direction, so that is all I will say on that matter.

My issue with religious schools is that they take small minds and tell them to believe very complex things at an age when they are not capable of deciding things for themselves. Teaching children that there is only one ''right'' way leads them to grow up to become adults who look with disgust at people who do not fit their bill of ''good.'' If you insist on exposing your child to religion, expose them to many religions so they know that different people hold different belief systems. Allow them to make up their own minds about what to believe or not to believe. Honestly, everyone should have some basic knowledge about the world's different religions, but I just don't think the finer details are all that important for kids younger than say, eight.

So while I'd bet that the day at a Catholic kindergarten starts with a prayer, there's no reading of The Communist Manifesto to five-year-olds at public school.

I was also referring to Maxx and SirSaitama, not you, when I mentioned anti-gay-parent views.
    Last edited by KimbaWolfNagihiko; 15 Hours Ago at 20:13.

Quote Originally Posted by MassIncon View Post
    just pointing out the liberal irony....she's a social justice warrior but does the exact same thing she would admonish others for. There was no need to bring race into it, yet she did which indicates she has a real issue with white men...that's both racist and sexist.....so, if the shoe fits...

I agree with what is in bold...I might add "if you don't like guns, don't buy one".

kind of interesting too that you take issue with kids being sent to religious schools to be essentially brainwashed (as you see it), but you have no issue, it seems, with children being sent off to public Marxist indoctrination "schools".

Also, I have no idea where you came up with the idea that I think it is damaging to grow up with gay parents. You literally just made that up about me. Please refrain from doing that.
    As a white MALE myself, I incorporated the issue about race because the couple in question was not only lesbian but an interracial couple.

By the way, I would have no problem with kids being sent to religious schools as long as those schools are not funded by public tax dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Starrunner View Post
    Without even having read the rest of your post yet, Maxx... Wow! Simply, f*cking wow!
    Yeah, screwed up there. Put it in, thought I took it out before hitting the button, somehow missed it in proofread before leaving. Sorry Starrunner, sorry Kerry. Might be a legitimate thought, not a legitimate post. There are some people I would say that to in real life, just as some people can and do say to me, "isn't it about time for your workout"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kerry View Post

No one said you had a perfect childhood. What I said was that young Maxx likely perceived the world as perfect, as most of us did, and remembers fondly that (false) perfection. As to the Catholic Schools...I went to a Catholic High School. We joked about what a terrible math department it had--there was ONE truly qualified teacher in it--and the football coach/history teacher I had junior year pronounced apartheid "a-par-theed." Oh, and we didn't even HAVE science. We farmed it out...to the city schools. Yep: worth the money.
    Hmmm... "Rice boys are nice boys". I know there was a saying about "Peace girls", can't remember for the life of me what it was, even though I dated a Peace girl for a bit. No, don't need to know where you went. I went to a public high school after a Catholic grade school. It was getting a little pricey with younger siblings coming along, and I imagine my dad figured I had enough inhibitions working to carry me through high school.

Edit: No, absolutely didn't perceive the world as perfect at the time. There were a lot of things I didn't think were right, others I wondered what the point was. Oddly enough, even though I'm mostly agnostic now, I'm kinda grateful for the rigid rules and absurd hangups Catholicism gave me, now that I can see the awful things they saved me from before I understood the bigger picture.
    Last edited by Maxx; 13 Hours Ago at 21:51.

Quote Originally Posted by Starrunner View Post
    By the way, I would have no problem with kids being sent to religious schools as long as those schools are not funded by public tax dollars.
    Even though I have to fund liberal atheist schools with my tax dollars. Vouchers. Choice.

I'm sure you'd be pleased if your tax dollars only went to support conservative religious schools.

Only one pushing vouchers are the newly incompetent cabal of Trump and Devos.

--sf

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    Even though I have to fund liberal atheist schools with my tax dollars. Vouchers. Choice.
    Except you don't have to be a political genius to realize that the government giving money to support a religious organization is pretty much breaking the separation of church and state. It's a can of worms that really, really shouldn't be opened.

Let's say the vouchers are allowed. You'd have to provide them to schools run by any religion, otherwise it would be discriminatory. I bet the Catholic Smiths would be fine and dandy sending Joseph, Paul, Michael, James, Peter, Mary, Bernadette, Rose, and Catherine to St. John the Baptist School on these vouchers - until they learned that their tax dollars were also allowing little Muhammad, Hussein, and Inaya to go to an Islamic school.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Starfox View Post
    I'm sure you'd be pleased if your tax dollars only went to support conservative religious schools.
    You said it before I could.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    Take a few deep breaths. Perhaps the estrogen dosage is a little off?
    Earlier this year, I explicitly warned you not to make personal attacks.
    I repeated the warning earlier in this thread.
    Yet, you go and open your post with this.

I have had enough. Clearly, warnings haven't stopped you.
    So, we're going to try something new. As of now, you're moderated, and it will last one month.
    During this time, you are not allowed to post in mature topics at all.