1000 km padded

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBchat

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Howdy ADISC,

Long time lurker, first time poster here. I am a 30 y/o DL from Canada and I want to share my recent diapered road trip from Quebec to Toronto, Ontario (any fellow Canucks? eh).

Having to relocate temporarily for work, I left home in my car packed to the roof Sunday in the AM, all alone but all stocked up on protection for a roughly 1000km trip ahead of me. I like to be padded when driving long distanced as I find it more convenient, but also because it makes time go by faster as it occupies my mind. I had already planned this trip long time ago in my head, but I still left home in big boy underwear; my spouse knows I wear, but I didn't want her to last see me before a while apart in a diaper (she's supportive, but I try to look normal for her once in a while :cool:).

At the first opportunity, I pulled over to a quiet area, dropped my khakis and put on a tena slip maxi (euro version). Doing this delicate procedure in the driver seat for the first time in a long while, I did the best I could, but felt the diaper was all squeezed in my pants. I added a booster and some baby powder in the front and in the back of my already taped-up diaper. I figured it was as good as it was going to get and started my long route padded. A few minutes later, I figured the booster was too much and uncomfortable. I reached into the front of my -still dry- diaper and pulled the booster right out. Big mistake... powder everywhere! I opened the windows to blow some powder away; from an external observer, it probably looked like smoke was coming out of my car :rolleyes:.

Chugging bottles of water and red bull, the diaper was close to saturation as soon as 1.5h later. At this point, I was well engaged on the highway and I started looking for a convenient and quiet rest-stop. I felt under my bum with my hand to make sure there were no leaks... but I was unfortunately past that point: big leak! My car being new-ish, I started to panic over ruining my seat and tried to find something to stop the damage until I could pull over. With nothing accessible, and still driving, I did the only thing I could think of; I blindly pulled a fresh diaper from my bag, opened it up and put it under myself, all while keeping my eyes on the road. So now I'm driving in a leaking diaper, with wet pants, sitting on a second, very visible, spread diaper on my seat...

After a few short minutes (which felt long to me) I finally spotted an off-ramp leading directly to a small rest stop. One thing you should know, is that where I come from, a ton of people take their summer vacations at the same time due to worker unions. Little did I know that this was the last day of those vacations. As I pulled over, I quickly noticed that the little rest-stop, which I know to only have 2-3 stalls at the most, is packed with a ton of people! I parked at the end of the off-ramp, as there were no packing spots left and cars were backed-up all the way there. Deciding to be my courageous self, I wraped a shirt around my waist to hide my wet behind, picked-up my incognito diaper bag and headed to the washrooms. After only a few steps away from my car, I immediately saw the start of a loooong waiting line... there was no way I was; 1. waiting that long 2. changing in a stall with a ton of impatient people waiting right outside for me to be done.

I got back in my car, backed-up a few meters to be a little further away from the other cars and started to change my soggy diaper in my driver seat! Trying to be as inconspicuous as one can be changing their diapers parked on the side of a very busy off-ramp, I removed my pants, underwear and wet diaper, while maintaining excellent situational awareness with my side-mirrors; when a car passed, I paused and pretended to be on my cellphone. The people in the car in front of me were looking for something in their trunk, but couldn't see anything below my shoulder from their point of view and paying me no mind. When I was done with the procedure, I concluded that I leaked quickly because my pants and underwear were squeezing the diaper. So I decided to switch to less constrictive clothing, which happened to be thin and revealing sports shorts. But who cares; I was sitting in my own car.. if anything, it forced me to drive extra safely to avoid being pulled over. Heart pumping from the adrenaline, I got back on the road.

Fast forward a couple of hours down the road, I leak again! But this time it was only a tiny leak. My bladder is however still not empty and holding it is only a short-term solution. Out of options, I get off the highway and find a quiet-looking road to change my diaper, once again in my car. Not 15 seconds after I am done and have pulled my short back on, a good Samaritan pulls up right next to me and stops to asks if everything's good. I give him the old thumbs up, pretending to be on my cellphone.

After six hours driving, I start to get hungry and head to a small gas station I know to have decent washrooms and a burger restaurant attached. Finally, after six hours, I have found my first quiet place to change my diaper and clean-up with some wipes. While I am changing my diaper in the -thank god- empty bathroom, I can hear an employee, seemingly waiting to clean to washrooms, coming in to routinely to check if I'm done with the stall. This added a bit of stress, but was manageable as the person was decent enough not to wait inside the washroom. Having suffered 3 leaks to that point, I decide I am through... and put on a crinklz instead of a tena. Once done with the change, and proud of my good work, I head over to order my supper.

Need I remind you that at this point, I am wearing paper-thin sport shorts over a crinklz, but I am conveniently sporting my hoodie tied around the waist, which does a good job of hiding the front and the back (pro-tip: always leave a hoodie in your car). I nervously ordered a burger from the oblivious clerk and went on my way. Now, the crinklz did a much better job of not leaking, but it was very bulky. With the loose shorts over it with and no underwear, I could pull the leg up and see the state of the diaper, which was really just for the excitement of seeing it so obvious.

The padded portion of my trip ended one hour out of Toronto at an extremely busy rest-stop, getting better at handling my diapered self in my car seat, I removed my diaper in my car, but decided to go inside with my diaper bag to wash-up a bit with wipes. I did the last portion of the trip as a big boy, as I didn't want to show up at my new apartment's concierge for the first time sporting a very puffy diaper with animal prints on it. The concierge turned out to be a very hot girl, but that's unrelated.

Morale of the story; I have learned the hard way that diapers leak quickly when sitting in a sporty car seat and that changing on the road is not always easy and convenient. I would however do it again as this was very exciting for me.

Has anyone got their own road trip story they want to share?

tl;dr - drove 1000km diapered, changed in my seat in very busy rest-stops and leaked a few times. Ended up wearing a crinklz under revealing sport shorts. Lessons were learned.

-Redacted wearing a Tykable overnight-

the longesst trip was to disney and back 2300km each way, no issues changing at the rest areas just went in and changed no one noticed . For me changing inpublic is no longer an issue its now just a fact of life dealing with an OAB and being diapered 24/7

for your next road trip I would rexommend a reusable water proof absorbant pad your your car seat and changing more often Betterdry and Forsite AM/PM diapers are wider in the front and seem to wick and absorb faster then the abenas.

never stress about changing it comes with the territory when wearing diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back