time before Urgency appears and uncontrolable release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jack3295

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
My severe urgency is not regular at all. I can be fine one minute and the next ready to soil my diaper at a moments notice. Sometimes I can last for up to 5 minutes but most of the time not.I've been burned before thinking I had more time only to have a surprise BM when I least expect it. It's safer for me to just wait until release is iminent and just let go. Otherwise it's just to uncomfortable. I use a bulk producing fiber supplement (psyllium/ Metamucil) to keep stool firm otherewise I end up with loose stool (disgusting and really uncomfortable). My question is for those that sometimes get notice. Do you wait it out and just go in your diaper or do you try to hold it. If it wasn't so uncomfortable I would try to hold it but my failure rate is much too high and to be honest, the relief I feel is not unpleasant.

I have urinary problems and while it isn't true incontinence, generally if I am going to be more than about 3-5 minutes from a known restroom I wear some type of urinary protection. I feel you are doing all you can to minimize your problem, as we all do. After all, better safe than sorry, and if you will forgive the pun, like the lightening bug said, "when you gotta glow, you gotta glow"! Being confident around others will go a long way as they will see you as being in control, and probably never notice, unless of course an odor is involved. Proper diaper sizing though and a good pair of PUL type covers will go a long way on keeping down the odor aspect.:thumbsup::biggrin:

With a 10 second notice (only urinary) I let go. Try however to go every 1-2 hours to the toilet even if I don't feel anything.

Usually I have no feeling of needing to pee until it is too late . Sometimes I feel the need but have only seconds to do something about it. I just use my nappy most of the time it is just so much easier.

ST50 said:
Usually I have no feeling of needing to pee until it is too late . Sometimes I feel the need but have only seconds to do something about it. I just use my nappy most of the time it is just so much easier.

Yes, nearly the same for me. How quickly did that happened for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't forget, severe urgency doesn't always mean you will have an uncontrollable release. If your sphincter muscle is strong enough then it most certainly can overpower your bladder muscles.

For decades I would get an urge, and if I didn't manage to pee within about 30 seconds my urge would just get more painful. A minute and the pain was intense. It finally got to a point where I couldn't do anything, including focus my vision, until I managed to strain hard enough to finally get a weak stream.

I underwent SEVEN surgeries to try and cut out both my external and internal sphincters so I wouldn't have to strain so hard. Sadly those surgeries failed and I now have a stricture which has me 100% blocked off no matter how hard I strain.

Count yourself lucky if you pee uncontrollably, or have an automatic relase. And especially if you can't even feel when you pee. Not being able to pee when you need to is so much more worse.

Thanks Slomo for the details. I could myself blessed then! Actually if I busy and I don’t have access to toilet, the release is automatic, that’s kind of convienant. Max I ask how you manage to relieve yourself if it is blocked?

joelvc said:
Thanks Slomo for the details. I could myself blessed then! Actually if I busy and I don’t have access to toilet, the release is automatic, that’s kind of convienant. Max I ask how you manage to relieve yourself if it is blocked?

About two months ago I went to the ER, and they stabbed a knife through my abdomen and into my bladder (and yes it hurt like you'd think). They then stuck in an emergency suprapubic catheter in that new hole. This allowes my bladder to drain without my actually peeing. (Which as they say I needed about as much as another hole in my body).

Unfortunately, about a month and a half ago, that catheter disloged from my bladder, and I went back to the ER. They redirected me to the OR, where they were able to cut open the stab wound more, and put in a more proper folley type catheter.

It's been changed out once, along with a cystoscopy via my abdomen- which hurt even more. I have another change out comming up, and they will also do an xray flow test (from both sides) to better see the blockage position and length.

In about a month and half I will be undergoing a full urethroplasty reconstruction. NOT looking forward to it, but not much choice otherwise.

Why the wait though? It turns out there's a general three month wait after a surgery before for any person can have another surgery performed. Half because of the anistetics wreaking havoc on your system, the other half is for enough of a recovery from the last surgery before making you recover more once again.

Slomo,
Thanks so much for the information. Wow, that's quite an ordeal!
Wishing you a good operations and some progress.

It started about 6 years ago and got more frequent over the next year. I have been diagnosed as having diabetic neuropathy and this is not curable. I will be in nappies for the rest of my life.

STS50 Sorry to hear that. How are taking this situation. On my side it is a combined OAB and urge due to a light Cerebral Palsy.

That is a lot of information, Slomo. I like knowing about problems people here must cope with on a daily basis, and I appreciate their sharing very much. It helps me to know them better, in a kind and hopefully understanding way, at least as well as i can understand some thing I dont suffer from. And like joelvc I wish you success in your surgery. May God bless!

Thanks to both of you.

Yeah, I share my difficulties so others like you two can know it isn't so bad, and that neither are diapers.

joelvc said:
STS50 Sorry to hear that. How are taking this situation. On my side it is a combined OAB and urge due to a light Cerebral Palsy.

I just get on with life.

I'm OAB and also have an occasional bowel accident. For my bladder I just go in my diaper because 9/10 times I'm going to go before I can get to the bathroom. My bowel accidents usually happen in my sleep.

I have urge urinary incontinence. My "urges" come at irregular intervals and when my bladder contains anything from a very small amount up to a couple of cups of urine. I almost never experience a gradually increasing sense of needing to urinate. The "urges" are sudden intense feelings that I need to urinate that rapidly increase in intensity until I begin leaking involuntarily or voluntarily release the urine into my diaper. It's a nuisance, but high-quality, modern disposable diapers enable me to manage the problem with very few visible leaks and do anything that I need to do in my daily life.

In I inmost, thanks for sharing. That is exactly what I go through as well and agrees with you. Did you get it checked by a doctor. It is important to know that there is no infection or other important reason. If they can’t find anything obvious, like in my case, then at least you know it.

Mine is sporadic and bad

I haven't got the mild "I kind of need to pee" sensation since they damaged something putting stents in from my bladder to my kidneys in surgery from about 8 years ago (stents were removed within a week, but the issue remained ever since). I just get a sudden full bladder sensation out of nowhere, and whether or not I can hold it or for how long is completely unpredictable. When I can manage to hold it, it's only for a few minutes at most. Bowel accidents are rare and usually only when I'm sick, but sometimes I can't hold it at all and it just happens. That has been ever since about the same time as they damaged my bladder. The surgery was a follow up to reverse my colostomy from an intestinal rupture, which left me 100% bowel incontinent for about six months, and nerve damage from a spinal injury a couple of years ago took away what reliable bladder control I had built back up at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back