Is it illegal to wet your pants in public?

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I doubt there are any specific laws for it, there's an abundance of "catch-all" laws like "disturbing the peace", "interference with official acts", "improper use of xyz", etc. They usually have something loosely enough worded to be a plausible excuse for a ticket or to order you to stop doing it. (I'm not a fan of such "bad laws" that place the job of interpreting a law on the officer, I consider those "bad laws")

So at what magic age would you all of a sudden become a criminal for wetting your pants?? and then there is grand pa who has lost his marbles and started forgetting to go to the can and ends up wetting ... no way they could ever make wetting your pants a crime. Now whipping it out and marking a tree in the park I can see as being a problem., or squatting in the middle of the grocery store

I don't know about the legality; but common decency should take care of things. Don't make a mess (or contaminate somewhere with your bacteria-laden secretions), don't involve anyone who hasn't explicitly consented, and... I guess it's all okay.

But I'd have to ask why you'd do this somewhere where you could be "caught"...? The risk may be thrilling, but it also puts you in danger of involving someone else in your fetish (who doesn't want to be) which isn't very nice.

Why not just do it at home?

Kaliborio said:
OP, don't do it. Seriously, just don't do it.

Yeah... That's a pretty good rule-of-thumb!

No. It's not illegal. There is literally no way something like wetting/messing yourself in public would be prosecutable. Good lord.

chamberpot said:
So at what magic age would you all of a sudden become a criminal for wetting your pants?? and then there is grand pa who has lost his marbles and started forgetting to go to the can and ends up wetting ... no way they could ever make wetting your pants a crime. Now whipping it out and marking a tree in the park I can see as being a problem., or squatting in the middle of the grocery store

Any age. The defining line is intent. IF there is reasonable proof you pee yourself in public *on purpose* then it is illegal and you could be fined. IF there is reasonable doubt, or evidence you just couldn't hold it (or even a lack of proof for intent) then it isn't illegal. Get it?

Now in either situation, "whipping it out" or dropping your pants, in public, IS illegal. So if you really can't hold it, you'd be best off just wetting your pants for sure.

I dont think you could be charged or fined for wetting yourself in public. Public indecency laws relating to urination usually pertain to deliberate urination in a public place where the urine stream and its source are clearly visible. I got a fine several years ago for going in an alley outside a bar when I was desperate while waiting for more than an hour in the lineup to get it. When I protested the $75 fine to the cop, he gave me some advice. He said some guys brought empty plastic bottles and hid them in their pants to use when they had to go. "Or as a last resort you could just piss in your pants" he said, "just don't whip it out and go in a public place."

Closing this, as the act of doing this to begin with is quite silly and we're moving into the realm of nonsensical spitballing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back