Special Needs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZHBO

Banned
Role
  1. Incontinent
I have special needs (autisum) but because of it i require to wear a nappy(diaper) 24/7 im smart but sadly due to medical resons i wear one does anyone else have this also whenever i go on holiday airport security make me take it off and then put on their one what is way too small sometimes way to big i think they should stop it

Welcome to the site!

You're not alone there, pal. I myself have autism and there's a few groups on here for that :)

Are you getting good support? Family supportive?

The airport security are just doing their job though I do think you should be allowed to change into your own, but there's probs some hidden safety measures I don't know enough about in there.

Also, it's not my place to say (I'm not an admin or anything) but generally first time greeter threads should go in the introduction/greetings threads.

ZHBO said:

Then why is your grammar, punctuation, and spelling so poor?

I've never flown and I'm not from the UK, but I've NEVER heard of airport security providing adult diapers and making people change into them. The ONLY situation I can think of is if your diaper was wet and that violated liquid restrictions, and in that case I imagine they would simply have you change into one of your own. I'd be more willing to believe this if someone else from the UK could back up your account, but it just doesn't sound all that likely to me.

Reactions: Dez
I had no idea that your version of TSA had a diaper distribution arm,that's cool over here they may make you change a wet one so you better have spares with you , there are no free travel diapers here .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I've never heard of TSA making someone change into "one of their" diapers. I got patted down wearing a cloth Baby Pants training pants and the officer merely raised his eyebrows. Funny, my wife does the same thing!

Just another fantasy post.

ZHBO said:
I have special needs (autisum) but because of it i require to wear a nappy(diaper) 24/7 im smart but sadly due to medical resons i wear one

Interesting way to introduce yourself
does anyone else have this
Incontinence does hinder some people here. In fact there is a whole forum devoted to it
also whenever i go on holiday airport security make me take it off and then put on their one what is way too small sometimes way to big i think they should stop it
If this happened once I'd have filed a complaint to the airline company and consulted a lawyer about suing them. You say this happens often, get to calling a lawyer... presuming this isn't just some nonsense you made up.

Last edited:
I would think this is against the law where you're from to invade a person's privacy like that. I've never heard of an airport providing diapers for passengers either but even if they did I doubt they would put you through that much embarrassment.

I'm not trying to sound ignorant here, considering I'm also autistic but... I've never know autism to cause incontinence. O___o Not unless you have some other condition alongside it that causes the incontinence... but just don't want to say (which is fine). Correct me if I'm wrong, and feel free to educate me on this if you want. I'm willing to listen!

KimbaWolfNagihiko said:
Then why is your grammar, punctuation, and spelling so poor?

One's intelligence shouldn't be judged by their grammar... just saying. :/

Last edited:
AdorbzLittleGirl said:
I'm not trying to sound ignorant here, considering I'm also autistic but... I've never know autism to cause incontinence. O___o Not unless you have some other condition alongside it that causes the incontinence... but just don't want to say (which is fine). Correct me if I'm wrong, and feel free to educate me on this if you want. I'm willing to listen!

One's intelligence shouldn't be judged by their grammar... just saying. :/

There's a lot of irony to be had when someone announces their intelligence, then completely fails to properly construct a simple paragraph.

Saw20this20in20a20parking20lot.jpg

I've heard of some autistic people saying that it affects their continence. Something about their nerves not working properly or something.

ZHBO said:
holiday airport security make me take it off and then put on their one what is way too small sometimes way to big i think they should stop it

This is pretty hilarious. Thanks for making me laugh before I go off to work :smile:

My wife and I work with Children and Adults with special needs... most are Autistic she works with them in the school settings and all but 90 percent she would say are not potty trained due to lack of communication skills they may be late in training and still need them at night. But is a huge life skills goal for every child who is mentally and physically able to be potty trained. I work in the field as a advocate and run a state wide diaper program helping families get diapers for their special needs children and adults. of the autistic individual i help they are NON-verbal no communicative, Bed-wetting or have a mixed disability "I.E. CP and Autism or some other neurological disability. I think i have seen one mid functioning adult who is straight incontinent in the last 10 years i have been doing this. Not saying that this person in not correct at all i never judge anyone as i have my own hidden disabilities. including LD, and ADHD,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back