Not open for further replies.

happilyderanged

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
Hey everyone, I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but I just need some second opinions. About 4 days ago, the tip of my urethra started abruptly having a burning sensation. After a couple of days of having to deal with it during work, I went to a walk-in clinic to get checked out. They said my urine had a lot of bacteria in it, and they prescribed me 1000mg generic Zithromax, a one-dose antibiotic. It didn't really do anything and I'm still experiencing this. Has anyone else had something like this happen, and could it be from diaper wearing? I only wear maybe 3 or 4 times a week, never sleep in a wet one, and change promptly. Also, if anyone else has experienced this, is there any way to at least treat the pain until I can find a way to cure it? (P.S.: it doesn't burn when I pee or ejaculate) Going to try and go back to the doctor today and hopefully go get an STD test (even though I'm not sexually active).

happilyderanged said:
Hey everyone, I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but I just need some second opinions. About 4 days ago, the tip of my urethra started abruptly having a burning sensation. After a couple of days of having to deal with it during work, I went to a walk-in clinic to get checked out. They said my urine had a lot of bacteria in it, and they prescribed me 1000mg generic Zithromax, a one-dose antibiotic. It didn't really do anything and I'm still experiencing this. Has anyone else had something like this happen, and could it be from diaper wearing? I only wear maybe 3 or 4 times a week, never sleep in a wet one, and change promptly. Also, if anyone else has experienced this, is there any way to at least treat the pain until I can find a way to cure it? (P.S.: it doesn't burn when I pee or ejaculate) Going to try and go back to the doctor today and hopefully go get an STD test (even though I'm not sexually active).

More likely it is an antibacterial resistant infection. They should put you on something stronger, and for at least 5 days.

I agree with Slomo.

I think you just have a more resistant infection and will need longer treatment or a more potent prescription.

Either way - get back to the clinic and let them know what is happening.

I had the burning and painful experience (bladder related, even felt like it was the bladder exit) last month for 2 separate weeks, first time I got checked my blood and we also did a ultrasound check of the inrernal organs (hope that's the right translation?).

Only finding was that my infection level in my blood was high - and after a few days of antibiotics the problem was gone, also I got recommemded to drink lots of water.

The second time, same problem 2 weeks later I got a one-time antibiotic 3000mg, especially for urinary tract infections (was for women) and this really helped 2 days after, in addition I drank 3-4liters of water per day for 5 days and then seeing the doctor again, since than everything's alright.

Please stay in contact with your doctor till your issues are gone - I didn't wear or wet any diapers till the problems were gone tho.

Get well soon!
Sincerely,
Sabu

I should also add, drink LOTS of cranberry juice. And if you don't like the tast, take cranberry pills instead. This goes a long way in improving urinary tract health.

Thank you everyone for your help! Went back to the clinic and they're going to culture my urine so they can more accurately prescribe me an antibiotic. Should get the results back in a few days. I'm having diaper withdrawals :-( but I know I need to lay off of them until this is fully taken care of.

happilyderanged said:
Thank you everyone for your help! Went back to the clinic and they're going to culture my urine so they can more accurately prescribe me an antibiotic. Should get the results back in a few days. I'm having diaper withdrawals :-( but I know I need to lay off of them until this is fully taken care of.

Wait, why is that? A wet diaper alone is not going to create an infection, or maintain an existing one. As long as you change at last every 8 hours, and stay well hydrated, then you'll be just fine.

His pee has bacteria in it. I think this says it all.
Doesn't sound like a bladder infection as it should become worse within a few days.
I'm only saying this bc you went to the doctor...if not the only thing I would tell you is to go to one haha.

pampersguy said:
His pee has bacteria in it. I think this says it all.
Doesn't sound like a bladder infection as it should become worse within a few days.
I'm only saying this bc you went to the doctor...if not the only thing I would tell you is to go to one haha.

And as long as he keeps peeing, his urethra is constantly being flushed out. In order for an infection to regain a foothold in his urethra it will need to travel back into his urethra. Changing your diaper often enough also keeps the bacteria in your diaper from cultivating.

Seriously, how do you think incontinent people who must wear a diaper do not get infections all the time? Or heal when they do get one yet stay diapered? You'd think this should say it all.

I guess it's a question of being better safe than sorry (or maybe I'm just paranoid...). The clinic is supposed to call me tomorrow with results and, if they do find harmful bacteria, they're going to prescribe me an appropriate antibiotic. I'd love to wear a diaper but I feel like it probably wouldn't help my condition at this time.
On the plus side, I'm conserving diapers that I probably would have used by now....lol.

happilyderanged said:
On the plus side, I'm conserving diapers that I probably would have used by now....lol.

That's good...looking on the bright side!

happilyderanged said:
I guess it's a question of being better safe than sorry (or maybe I'm just paranoid...). The clinic is supposed to call me tomorrow with results and, if they do find harmful bacteria, they're going to prescribe me an appropriate antibiotic. I'd love to wear a diaper but I feel like it probably wouldn't help my condition at this time.

Well sure it won't help to wear a diaper while battling a uti. It just won't hurt either.

You're the one who said you prefer to be wearing one, which is why I don't understand why you arent.

Slomo said:
Well sure it won't help to wear a diaper while battling a uti. It just won't hurt either.

I've had several UTIs over the years and I've found that diapers can actually speed up recovery. The key to fast resolution is to keep your plumbing flushed out. This means drinking a lot of fluids and peeing often. Don't wait until your bladder is full. Just stop what you're doing every hour (or more often) and empty out. Keep your urethra flushed out as much as possible.

This is easier to do during the day than it is at night, as you will be less motivated to get up and go when you don't have to. I found that my UTI was recovering until I went to bed, and by morning I was set back quite a ways and it took several days to fully resolve. So now when I'm dealing with a UTI, I wet my diaper every time I wake up during the night (which for me is unfortunately quite often) instead of only when I feel I need to go. I wake up feeling better than I did when I went to bed. At this point, there may be a little burn when peeing, but there's also a relief that comes with it that makes me look forward to when I can go again. This day and night response has easily cut my UTI recovery time in half, and I strongly recommend it to any DL dealing with a UTI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back