Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Nonsensical Questions

  1. #1

    Default Nonsensical Questions

    This kind of thing seems to happen often enough that I figured I'd throw it out there to the forum: do you find yourself being asked things that make so little sense that you are unsure how to answer?

    Last night my cat was having one of her "crazy time" episodes at about 3 AM when I was trying to sleep. Apparently the walls are thin and the eighbors on the other side of the duplex heard me yelling at her to knock it off. So they called today to ask what I was yelling about and if everything was OK, which I suppose is nice of them. I explained I was yelling at my cat who was keeping me awake practically bouncing off the walls in the middle of the night. The next question was the jaw-dropper: "Is that some sort of video game system?" Uhhhh, no, cats are not video game systems, they're animals... how someone goes through life not knowing that is beyond me. I was so taken aback by the question that I basically just stopped at "Uhhh, no."

    Has anyone else experienced something like this?

    EDIT: I have the perfect tee-shirt for such occasions. It reads: "Have you ever listened to someone for awhile and wondered, 'Who ties your shoelaces for you?'"

  2. #2

    Default

    I used to take my ducks to our county fair. This was a few years back, but anyway, this teenage girl was trying to get a pecan duck (white duck with orange bill and feet) to say aflac like the duck in the commercial. I was totally blown away at some peoples lack of common sense. It wasn't a question directed towards me like in your example but it was still one of those moments.

  3. #3

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by mutanwatermelon View Post
    I used to take my ducks to our county fair. This was a few years back, but anyway, this teenage girl was trying to get a pecan duck (white duck with orange bill and feet) to say aflac like the duck in the commercial. I was totally blown away at some peoples lack of common sense. It wasn't a question directed towards me like in your example but it was still one of those moments.
    Maybe she thought that since some species of birds are capable of speech, the duck on TV could actually say Aflac?...

  4. #4

    Default

    Makes me think of the song "Here's Your Sign"

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by KimbaWolfNagihiko View Post
    Maybe she thought that since some species of birds are capable of speech, the duck on TV could actually say Aflac?...
    He doesn't?!?

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Sapphyre View Post
    This kind of thing seems to happen often enough that I figured I'd throw it out there to the forum: do you find yourself being asked things that make so little sense that you are unsure how to answer?

    EDIT: I have the perfect tee-shirt for such occasions. It reads: "Have you ever listened to someone for awhile and wondered, 'Who ties your shoelaces for you?'"
    Happens daily. We've been together for close to 40 years.

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    Happens daily. We've been together for close to 40 years.
    LOL, thanks for the chuckle. ^.^

  8. #8

    Default

    I've been asked by a customer at work what sand is.

Similar Threads

  1. hello anyone there! I have some questions... :3
    By Pieluchy in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 27-Nov-2016, 20:58
  2. Questions
    By Premetheus in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 23-Jul-2015, 08:19
  3. A Few Questions
    By Prissy in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 19-Dec-2011, 04:04
  4. I has questions!!!
    By FluffyFluffers in forum Babyfur / Diaperfur
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-Aug-2009, 08:31

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.