Rare kinds of bottles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

keepindl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I was wondering if there were types of bottles that get phased out? I like the skinny Nuk orthodontic with bottles with the airflow nipples, but I see that they aren't carried everywhere for example. Most stores are switching to the wide-mouthed bottles, I've seen. I like Nuby non-drip also, but for now, those seem to be plentiful.

It seems to me that they are like everything else in the world, they go through trends. With companies when things don't sell well they discontinue them and start selling something "new and improved". I'm sure if there is a specific bottle you are looking for you can still find them on E-bay but as far as finding them in the store they are going to go with whatever is the newest trendiest bottle for the new mom.

You ever see what baby bottles looked like 100 years ago? They were basically sealed glass bottles with a long hookah-like hose with a nipple on the end. Apparently they were notoriously hard to clean, with the hoses getting germ-infested pretty quickly. It would be interesting to see a modern version of this.

LittleAndrea said:
It seems to me that they are like everything else in the world, they go through trends. With companies when things don't sell well they discontinue them and start selling something "new and improved". I'm sure if there is a specific bottle you are looking for you can still find them on E-bay but as far as finding them in the store they are going to go with whatever is the newest trendiest bottle for the new mom.

I agree. I'm sure there is a lot of competition. It's an incentive to keep the ones I have and I like, but it's also an opportunity to try new ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back