Switching from Bambino Bellisimo large to ABU Little Paws Large and need fit advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

hex000f

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
Bambino Bellisimos have been my diaper of choice for years. Though the ABU Space diapers I ordered last October probably outrank them in absorbancy, I wanted something with a babyish print. About a month ago I heard that little paws are as absorbent as space diapers and have a babyish print and a week ago I ordered some once they were back in stock.

I noticed after trying my first little paws diapers that I get a much tighter fit with them, which I liked a lot but they seem to be narrower on the bottom. The issue as that I leaked on the 2nd wetting 2 out of 2 times. Both times I was standing up for both wettings and trying not to flood.

My current theory is that because they are narrower on the bottom I need be more precise in how I put them on. My plan is to line up the paw print pattern with my belly button and make sure it forms a vertical line to the floor, since I diaper myself standing up in front of a mirror. I wasn't able to be so precise with bellisimos because they don't have something on the print I can use as a guide. Also I'm going to be sure my penis doesn't point to one side to much.

Does this sound right and are there other suggestions?

edit: I forgot to mention: the space diapers I ordered last October fit fine, if a little bit more tightly, and didn't leak when I last wore then in late May.

hex000f said:
edit: I forgot to mention: the space diapers I ordered last October fit fine, if a little bit more tightly, and didn't leak when I last wore then in late May.

LittlePawz are functionally the same as Space diapers. Same core, same tapes, same cut.

Diapers fit everyone a little differently. Best advice I can give is to just keep experimenting until you find a good, consistent way of putting them on.

Even though littlepaws are the same my last order had the new clear tapes which don't stretch and fail as easily as the white tapes but for some reason they fit me much more snugly and securely than previous experience with space and simples. If it's only the tapes doing this then awesome abu great work but I am trying to work out if there's a slightly different cut etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I switched from Bambino (size medium) to Little Paws (size small) not too long ago--and I've been LOVING it. I primarily only wear at nighttime.

They seem to be made from a wonderful, heavier gague plastic backing than bambinos, and are overall just a LOT more sturdy, as well as being thicker/more absorbent feeling. Cheaper too (somehow???).

My best advice would be to not be scared to pull them a bit more snug than you otherwise would with a bambino. The plastic can usually take it just fine, and generally a tighter fit means less leaks (within reason, obviously).

I've recently made the switch from mediums to larges, huge difference for me, yes my tapes are now closer together but I get that diaper coverage from belly button to the small of my back (how a diaper should truly fit) and I don't feel as if the tapes are to tight, or the diaper is to tight or low.
I think its all trial and error, different brands fit a little differently, ABU large kiddo's, I measure the front waist band at my belly button the tape it up from there, with the abu little paws I have to take the waist band and start it about 1" above my belly button, bare bums start just bellow belly button, cuddlz fit right at my belly button and the big surprise is the abu preschools go 2" above my belly button before taping.
What I'm trying to say is they all fit properly, its just finding the initial fit for each one since there all slightly different.

from what I can tell, the fit of bambino and paws are the same, but the padding is quite different. Although paws have pretty good wicking, it's not as good as teddy. But the padding in space has greater capacity. It's been awhile since I ordered any belisimo, but iirc their padding was more similar to paws. Common responses to leaks (when laying on back in particular) are to fasten the lower tapes angled downward, fasten them a little snugger, and to make sure you fold in an open channel in the crotch. Also try not to flood when you're already wet.

For me ABU Premiums are exceptional in capacity but do greatly benefit from folding them to "activate the channel."

Are you doing the length wise fold?

Yes, the fold is done lengthwise. Northshore has pictured instructions on proper folding. Go to the
Northshore website, wait until their Air Supreme brief scrolls into view and click on shop now. Click on the fourth picture under the big one on the left and you will get a large picture showing how to fold it. These instructions work for any tabbed diaper in any brand and folding your diaper has been advised by many in here because of the lengthwise channel it produces, which helps distribute the urine better and help in keeping you drier. Happy folding and enjoyable wearing to all!

blondiewoof said:
Yes, the fold is done lengthwise. Northshore has pictured instructions on proper folding. Go to the
Northshore website, wait until their Air Supreme brief scrolls into view and click on shop now. Click on the fourth picture under the big one on the left and you will get a large picture showing how to fold it. These instructions work for any tabbed diaper in any brand and folding your diaper has been advised by many in here because of the lengthwise channel it produces, which helps distribute the urine better and help in keeping you drier. Happy folding and enjoyable wearing to all!

Fabulous, I hope the below link works

http://www.northshorecare.com/northshore-airsupreme-briefs.html#981=9235&881=8984

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back