Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: New Pampers commercial. They almost get it!

  1. #1

    Default New Pampers commercial. They almost get it!

    So this morning a Pampers commercial came on and while I wasn't paying much attention to the type they were selling, I did hear them say the words "comfort and protection". Considering how the company views us ABDLs in a less than positive light, it's funny that they ALMOST got why we wear the dang things!

  2. #2

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Tommycombs View Post
    So this morning a Pampers commercial came on and while I wasn't paying much attention to the type they were selling, I did hear them say the words "comfort and protection". Considering how the company views us ABDLs in a less than positive light, it's funny that they ALMOST got why we wear the dang things!
    Except that they still incorrectly see abdl as being a form of fetish driven paedophilia. But yeah, the actual reasoning really is close to that for most of us. Now if we can only get them to realise that as well.

  3. #3

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Slomo View Post
    Except that they still incorrectly see abdl as being a form of fetish driven paedophilia. But yeah, the actual reasoning really is close to that for most of us. Now if we can only get them to realise that as well.
    I don't think you need to invoke pedophilia to understand why a baby diaper company would shun the ABDL community. Anything sexual or socially aberrant will do. Those things are just the wrong kind of PR for them. The only way to get them to see past that stuff would be to prove to them that there's a lot of money in ABDL. Good luck.

  4. #4

    Default

    That's some good news. Do y'all mind me asking, if you contact Pampers about their products, do you do so claiming to be an ABDL or just contacting them with general inquiries on their products?

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by FudgedInLuvs View Post
    That's some good news. Do y'all mind me asking, if you contact Pampers about their products, do you do so claiming to be an ABDL or just contacting them with general inquiries on their products?
    No. Why would we? And as we mentioned, abdl is shunned by pampers (and all of the other manufacturers too).

  6. #6

    Default

    Oh, if only Pampers/Huggies/Luvs made larger sizes for older children besides their bedwetting lines (and Luvs doesn't have a bedwetting line, nor a pull-ups line).... I didn't know that tensions between this community and the baby diaper manufacturers were on the rise recently. I would wish both sides could get along so we don't have to steal their designs for use on plain medical diapers in order to feel little (speaking from an authenticity standpoint). I have no quarrel with ABDL diapers and their cute designs (quite frankly they do a very good job for the 'little' factor), but they pale in comparison to having an exact replica of a Huggies/Pampers/Luvs in your size...

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by AustinTheLionhearted View Post
    Oh, if only Pampers/Huggies/Luvs made larger sizes for older children besides their bedwetting lines (and Luvs doesn't have a bedwetting line, nor a pull-ups line).... I didn't know that tensions between this community and the baby diaper manufacturers were on the rise recently. I would wish both sides could get along so we don't have to steal their designs for use on plain medical diapers in order to feel little (speaking from an authenticity standpoint). I have no quarrel with ABDL diapers and their cute designs (quite frankly they do a very good job for the 'little' factor), but they pale in comparison to having an exact replica of a Huggies/Pampers/Luvs in your size...
    Yeah, the problem is we keep hearing about othat one abdl who contacts them, and goes off on some tangent wanting to know if they can wear a baby diaper, or get one in their size, or have such and such design. They come across as being perverted even to me, which gives the rest of our community a bad name and drives the manufacturers even further from actually understanding.

    It's no wonder they don't want to make larger diapers. Seriously, abdl's just need to stop calling baby diaper manufacturers.

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Slomo View Post
    Yeah, the problem is we keep hearing about othat one abdl who contacts them, and goes off on some tangent wanting to know if they can wear a baby diaper, or get one in their size, or have such and such design. They come across as being perverted even to me, which gives the rest of our community a bad name and drives the manufacturers even further from actually understanding.

    It's no wonder they don't want to make larger diapers. Seriously, abdl's just need to stop calling baby diaper manufacturers.
    Agreed. I, personally would be far too embarrassed to contact any manufacturer that deals with actual babies. We have our own amazing vendors that offer everything an ABDL would want (for the most part).

  9. #9

    Default

    I know that I have asked both Proctor & Gamble as well as Kimberly Clark for either larger sizes and/or to fix their current item. Not so much for adults, but for older kids or kids with disabilities. I think of them over my wants. Nobody wants to wear hospital or elderly people diapers.

Similar Threads

  1. LG Commercial
    By rennecfox in forum Babyfur / Diaperfur
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 28-Apr-2017, 21:57
  2. commercial
    By patrick1776 in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-Jan-2015, 01:43
  3. new commercial
    By sailor10 in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 28-Jan-2012, 01:07
  4. The PostVac Commercial.
    By pepsicolaisgreat in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-Nov-2011, 04:48
  5. Jack in The Box commercial
    By ricky in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 23-Sep-2008, 04:37

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.