Thread: Lollapalooza

Default Lollapalooza

I don't know any of these bands, but they're streaming live now and thru Sunday from downtown Chicago via Red Bull TV. Since Mrs. Maxx is at Junior's babysitting, I can rock out (diapered) on the upstairs TV with the good surround sound. Watched a lot of it last year, and it was fun.

https://www.redbull.tv/live/AP-1R8Z2...1/lollapalooza

- - - Updated - - -

Like I said, fun. Playing now, Cage the Elephant. Also making a political statement I don't agree with, but that's showbiz

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cage the elephant.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	27.3 KB 
ID:	29621

Haha....Maxx, you always amaze me. It looks like you're on the musical cutting edge. Go Maxx!!!

The line up is filled with garbage rappers like lil yachty, medium sean, lil suzi squirt but there's some great indie bands like Crystal Castles, Arcade Fire and the XX. Some great electronic acts on the ticket too like Baauer, Gramatik, Justice and Zedd. The Killers and Teagan and Sara, while not my thing, definitely put on a great show.

Plus I gotta give my love to Run the Jewels even tho I know you'll hate them Maxx.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange View Post
    The line up is filled with garbage rappers like lil yachty, medium sean, lil suzi squirt but there's some great indie bands like Crystal Castles, Arcade Fire and the XX. Some great electronic acts on the ticket too like Baauer, Gramatik, Justice and Zedd. The Killers and Teagan and Sara, while not my thing, definitely put on a great show.

Plus I gotta give my love to Run the Jewels even tho I know you'll hate them Maxx.
    I'll have to give them a look, just because you think I'll hate them. Of course, it costs me nothing and a flick of a finger puts me on another channel.

Note to self: Add watching Maxx rock out to bucket list. .

Glad you are having a fun weekend Maxx. We have something similar in the UK. Glastonbury festival is shown live accross our BBC tv and radio. While not all the acts are to my taste it is great to catch up with what the kids are into these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange View Post
    OK, you were right about Jewels. Spears and buttflaps doesn't do anything for me.

Phantogram was decent. Made much more watchable by the female singer with see-through top and legs all the way up to her ***. Sexist? You bet.

Agree with your assessment of The Killers and T&S. Crystal Castles was too electronic for me.

Watched Blink-182 because I had heard of them. After half an hour or so I realized they only know one song.

All of this.... wearing a spectacularly soggy diaper sitting in a plastic Adirondack chair in the basement. Too wet to risk carpeting and recliner upstairs. No surround sound, but the old Cerwin-Vegas did a creditable job.

Looks like they're doing replays of yesterday now.

Cage the Elephant plays again tonight.... or is it a replay? I can't explain the appeal, but I think I'm going back for more of them. Mrs. Maxx will be home, so that will have to be in big boy pants. Or maybe no pants if she's in a good mood.

Didn't catch all the acts by any means, but did make an effort to at least pop in for many of them.

Liked Phantogram and Cage the Elephant, really liked The Shins. Might've liked Arcade Fire if their sound system wasn't awful.

The rest you can have. Two guys diddling a sound and light board isn't my cup of tea. Neither is a guy jumping around chanting some kind of verse where the only intelligible words were "mother" and "______". Morticia (don't remember the name of her act) doing squats in a black dress slit halfway to her armpits was mildly amusing for a few minutes.....

Edit: and there is something seriously wrong with Perry Farrel. Or maybe he was always that way.

Hey Maxx, idk how you feel about hip-hop, but if you want a good sampling of Run the Jewels, check out this song.