Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Where The Wild Things Are.

  1. #1

    Default Where The Wild Things Are.

    Well it's time again for a pretty short and good children's book to be made into a full length movie. This time it's Where The Wild things are and here's the trailer for it from Hulu.

    Hulu - Movie Trailers: Where the Wild Things Are

    Link for our non-American members. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--N9klJXbjQ

    Now, the book is very good I think. However I don't see how they can adapt this into a full length movie at all since the book is very short itself. So in that case it's either going to be pretty good or it's going to flop big time. But anyway most of the monsters look cool and I still love those PJ's or costume that the boy has.
    Last edited by Fire2box; 14-Apr-2009 at 07:58.

  2. #2

    Default

    "We're sorry, currently our video library can only be streamed within the United States."

    damn.

    Ah well, I read the book a long time ago. Was cool, but the movie will probably suck because the book was like ten sentences long.

  3. #3

    Default

    I'm quite looking forward to that movie. My guess is that it will be pretty good! The trailers make me want to reread the book! =)

  4. #4

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Chillhouse View Post
    "We're sorry, currently our video library can only be streamed within the United States."

    damn.

    Ah well, I read the book a long time ago. Was cool, but the movie will probably suck because the book was like ten sentences long.
    The movie will focus more on Max's relationship with his mother and she seems to be dating some guy and max doesn't like it at all. Anyways I can see your point of view and I do agree with it to a extent.

    Here's the trailer on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--N9klJXbjQ

    Also the song fits VERY well with the trailer.

  5. #5

  6. #6

    Default

    Haven't actually watched the trailer yet, but from the pictures I've seen, the monsters look incredible. I'm so glad they didn't go CG with them. I also have no clue how they're stretching the story out to a full movie, but I'm definitely going to watch it to find out.

  7. #7

    Default

    i was grumpy when i saw the thread. "what's next, goodnight moon?" but then i watched the preview and it actually looks pretty cool. screenplay by dave eggars! and it's cool to see a wolf parade song being used in a feature film.

    still, i hope it doesn't replace the book the way "the polar express" did. most kids these days don't even know that was a book before it was a movie. i remember making my parents read me "where the wild things are" over and over and over again: those are some really happy memories, and i want the next generation of kids to have that too. snuggling up to your parents and being read to is a lot more special and meaningful than any movie could ever be.

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by avery View Post
    i was grumpy when i saw the thread. "what's next, goodnight moon?" but then i watched the preview and it actually looks pretty cool. screenplay by dave eggars! and it's cool to see a wolf parade song being used in a feature film.

    still, i hope it doesn't replace the book the way "the polar express" did. most kids these days don't even know that was a book before it was a movie. i remember making my parents read me "where the wild things are" over and over and over again: those are some really happy memories, and i want the next generation of kids to have that too. snuggling up to your parents and being read to is a lot more special and meaningful than any movie could ever be.
    My parent's never read me "where the wild things are". However I recall the teacher in either kindergarten or 1st grade reading it to me and the rest of the class and back then I thought it was the best story ever and it still holds a place in my heart. It's fun, it's scary, it deals with courage and a whole lot of other subject's if you read between the lines.

    In any case I hope that if Max's mom is dating a guy or guy's that max doesn't go all "Problem Child" in the movie trying to prevent his mother from dating.

    Also I think the monsters are CGI, at least partly. I can tell they are using costumes but they added CGI to give it more realism from what I can tell. However the monster's do look great. I think I'll go see the movie just for them, asides for being a BIG fan of the book.

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Also I think the monsters are CGI, at least partly. I can tell they are using costumes but they added CGI to give it more realism from what I can tell.
    Yeah, I know they'll be some, especially with the faces, I think - I kinda wish they hadn't done any - but when I first heard about the project, I expected them to be fully CGI. CGI is a great tool, but I feel like it's best when it's used in little, subtle ways, rather than creating full characters out of it.

  10. #10
    EmeraldsAndLime

    Default

    People really need to stop linking to Hulu. I can't view the videos in my country!

Similar Threads

  1. The little things
    By Charlie in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 17-Oct-2008, 19:35
  2. Animal Crossing: Wild World
    By Vladimir in forum Computers & Gaming
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-Jul-2008, 11:56
  3. Little things that irk you.
    By starshine in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 22-May-2008, 02:24

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.