dealing with the death of a love one and being little.

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt1989

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
  4. Other
My grandpa who I helped take care of for the last 8 years passed away a week ago. The one thing I notice about me is when I'm dealing with passing of a love one splashily this one is that the urge to wear diapers and being a little hit's me the most. I don't know why that is I'm guessing when I felling depressed That when my little 5 year old side come's out and say get out of bad and play but my adult side is like leave me alone. I was wondering if anyone else have this conflicting emotions dealing with depressant?

I'm sorry you're grandfather has passed. The passing of a loved one is always difficult.

Each one of us is different. Often if I'm worried about something specific, I don't feel like wearing. But over all angst is different, and wearing diapers and regression can be a good way to deal with things that are troubling. It can be a means of escape but it can also be a way of replacing something sad and unpleasant with something that can either give a sense of peace and even pleasure.

I'm sorry for your loss.

To your question: When I get depressed, I don't go into ABDL mode. In fact, when I am depressed, being little is the farthest thing from my mind. On the other hand, if I am stressed out, putting on a diaper helps.

However, I can understand why someone would go into little space to deal with depression.

Each of us have different ways to deal with stress, depression, joy or whatever emotion you have and the way you deal with it is fine.

Hi matt1989

Sorry to hear about your grandfather.

The thing about grieving is you have to take your time to go through it.

My therapist ask me to try. This was the same therapist that told me about Peter Pan syndrome.

Was to right a letter to my inerchild (my little side.) Explaining what has happened as you would to an actual child. Although this sounds simple it was actually for me quite hard to do but it brought a release of emotion for me.

Also built-up the relationship with my self.

Hope this don't sound to cuckoo. Like When a therapist ask you "where are you at the moment?" And you think I sitting in front of you.

But I do suggest you do give your self time to grieve. I still think of my mother, and it been over 10 years now.

So you doing well.

Hope that this is helpfull to you.

Siysiy

Thank you all. you have definitely gave me panty to think about. This loss is a hard one for me as my grandpa is someone I respect highly of and I'm happy that I got to spend all this time with him. The last 8 year's may not been the most happy is memories but I am glad that I could make he's last 8 years comfortable and I am hoping that I can continue to do so as I'm considering to continuing my career as a care provider. I know it's off topic but it's help's getting my thoughts out in the open. It's was int easy watching my grandpa health slowly go down over the years but I did get a strong sense of purpose that I did int get from any other Job. sorry I'm just rambling now but I would like to say thanking you all for your kind words it definitely cheered me up.

When Im depressed, I dont have the energy to get up and color or play with stuffies or watch kids shows. I just lay there and do nothing. Usually, when Im depressed that'swhen I want to do it the least. Maybe its just because I dont want to do anything anyway. But thats my take on it and everyone is different. And people do different things to deal with various situations.I personally get the urge to get into little mode at random times or if I'm a little on edge.

I'm sorry about your grandfather and I hope everything ends up okay in the end and you feel better.

Thank you all for your kind words. They rely do help every day is another step forward.

I'm very sorry for your loss.

I found right after my grandmother passed away a few years ago I started wearing diaper a lot out in public. I even went about a week wearing them straight, which is by far a record for me. But I was never in a little space it was just a nice distraction to have when I starting dwelling on the loss too much. I believe it really helped me get past that first month or two.

I hope the healing process is not too painful for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back