Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Taping Help Requested

Default Taping Help Requested

I recently tried on two different brands of diapers, Northshore and Abena. They both have the blue and the white tapes. Previous diapers, like Tena, had just one tape that I could re-position as needed. These seem to be only to re-position a few times before they lose their stickiness. The first time I used the blue only and it tore the hell out of the diaper. Then I used the white only but it seems to only re-positioned a few times. Both times I wound up using medical tape to keep them high on my hips. So how exactly do these tapes work the best?

Just the way you are doing it. The way i diaper is laying down and i make sure its tight. Altho if your diapering for the first time (if you have never done before) it takes practice. I personally had issues with them the first time as well (tho i have been diapering over 10 yrs).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tewks7979 View Post
    Just the way you are doing it. The way i diaper is laying down and i make sure its tight. Altho if your diapering for the first time (if you have never done before) it takes practice. I personally had issues with them the first time as well (tho i have been diapering over 10 yrs).

I've been doing it for four years, off and on. I read here that standing up can be a better option, which is the way I have done it since almost the beginning. Do you stretch the blue tape first and attach the white one to it?

Nope i do both at once

The double tape diapers (the blue/white tapes) don't really allow for repositioning much or at all. The blue tape is the bottom tape that sticks to the front panel, but you've got to get to know where you need to place it so you don't have to reposition and risk tearing. The real reason for the double tape it to allow easy removal, by pulling off just the white tape without tearing apart the front panel. I recommend getting a diaper with the front landing zone which allows easy and multiple repositioning. That will allow good practice in placing tapes; granted different brands will fit slightly different it will help.

Also on that note cloth back diapers are good for practice

when a tape fails or breaks off something i've found is safety pins (or diaper pins as the case may be) work well on disposables as well, I keep one on my key chain.

Quote Originally Posted by tewks7979 View Post
    Also on that note cloth back diapers are good for practice

That's what I have been using. The plastic one tore really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by tomviper000 View Post
    ... granted different brands will fit slightly different it will help.
    Thanks! Do you recommend a certain brand? Like I said, I was used to Tena Slip Maxis and then they stopped them about the same time I stopped wearing. Now I'm back for possible medical reasons and am looking for a real absorbent one I can re-position.
    Last edited by Scaramouche; 29-Jul-2017 at 06:15. Reason: Finished quotes

I always use additional pvc tape wide to secure and add more strenght

Well depends on a few things. Right now i am using tru-fit i believe (get them off of a lady near me for $20/case/80). Are you wearing for all day (roughly)?