Help with my birthday present

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacorn221

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hey guys and gals! So my birthday is coming up next month and I wanted to splurge a bit. I've been wanting to get some premium ABDL diapers. The really absorbent kind. Now I've been though Abena M4's, Molicares, Dry 24/7, and still have some Tykables Overnights which I'm saving up. But this time I want some real fancy ones and I need your help. I was looking into the Rearz Safari and ABU's (Space, Preeschool, Cushies, Lavander). What's your feedback for these? or which other brand would you recommend? I'd prefer if they're printed. Thanks!

Crinklz! They are far superior to any other diaper, especially ones which uses a tape landing zone and that horrible "no lower tapes" design they impliment (abu, rearz, bambino, etc).

Rearz Safari are Pawsome!

My favorite are the ABU space, but the Safari hold more.

My Top 3 favorites are Crinklz,safari and space. ;)

Tykables overnights aren't what I'd rate as "high capacity". They're certainly better than the daytime waddlers, but nowhere near safari/space level. Maybe a bit more than an SDK or similar to a Spoiled. If you want to get a premium diaper that's HIGH capacity I would suggest Rearz Safari (or Princess) or ABU Little Paws. (or Space) If you don't want a patterned diaper, get Rearz Inspire/InControl or ABU Simple. You can't go wrong with ANY of these diapers. (unfortunately, their stellar design and high capacity may "ruin" you on even the "good" grade of ABDL diapers!!)

bambinod said:
Tykables overnights aren't what I'd rate as "high capacity". They're certainly better than the daytime waddlers, but nowhere near safari/space level. Maybe a bit more than an SDK or similar to a Spoiled. If you want to get a premium diaper that's HIGH capacity I would suggest Rearz Safari (or Princess) or ABU Little Paws. (or Space) If you don't want a patterned diaper, get Rearz Inspire/InControl or ABU Simple. You can't go wrong with ANY of these diapers. (unfortunately, their stellar design and high capacity may "ruin" you on even the "good" grade of ABDL diapers!!)

Oh no, they are definitely not high capacity. Might have expressed myself wrong. I meant that those are the first ABDL diapers I bought. But this time I'm trying the good stuff. I'm now choosing between the ABU space, the Crinklz, and the Rearz Safari.

- - - Updated - - -

Experiment626 said:
My Top 3 favorites are Crinklz,safari and space. ;)

Same one's I'm looking into. Might get the Crinklz though, they are cheaper than the safari (from what I've found). Thanks for the help!

- - - Updated - - -

Slomo said:
Crinklz! They are far superior to any other diaper, especially ones which uses a tape landing zone and that horrible "no lower tapes" design they impliment (abu, rearz, bambino, etc).

What do you mean by tape landing zone? Actually they look really nice. I'm not a big fan of green but I can get used to it ;). Plus from what I found they are a bit cheaper than the Rearz and Space.

Jacorn221 said:
Oh no, they are definitely not high capacity. Might have expressed myself wrong. I meant that those are the first ABDL diapers I bought. But this time I'm trying the good stuff. I'm now choosing between the ABU space, the Crinklz, and the Rearz Safari.

- - - Updated - - -

Same one's I'm looking into. Might get the Crinklz though, they are cheaper than the safari (from what I've found). Thanks for the help!

- - - Updated - - -

What do you mean by tape landing zone? Actually they look really nice. I'm not a big fan of green but I can get used to it ;). Plus from what I found they are a bit cheaper than the Rearz and Space.

Take a close look at abu, tykables, space, and other similar diapers. They all have a wide permanenty affixed tape which runs across the top front of the diaper. This creates a harder surface that won't tear when your remove or reposition the tapes. This is know as a tape landing zone.

As I mentioned though, the landing zone only runs across the top part of the diaper. As such, these manufacturers move the lower tapes up high enough tocthe middle, so they can stick to the landing zone. And that of course leaves you with no lower tapes or ability to get a snug fit around your legs. (Again, unless you wear one size too small which compensates for this poor design).

I'd caution you that not all landing zones are created equal. Some diapers use a really thin material that can be torn when trying to pull off a tape or even just during normal wear. I've experienced this several times with both Tykable regulars and TotalDry Plus.

It's quite annoying to be changing out of a wet diaper and pull a tape only to have it rip open the shell and start dumping/scattering wet SAP all over the place...

To the OP, Have you tried Magnifico's or Ultrastretch yet? I love their velcro style tabs.

Slomo said:
Take a close look at abu, tykables, space, and other similar diapers. They all have a wide permanenty affixed tape which runs across the top front of the diaper. This creates a harder surface that won't tear when your remove or reposition the tapes. This is know as a tape landing zone.

As I mentioned though, the landing zone only runs across the top part of the diaper. As such, these manufacturers move the lower tapes up high enough tocthe middle, so they can stick to the landing zone. And that of course leaves you with no lower tapes or ability to get a snug fit around your legs. (Again, unless you wear one size too small which compensates for this poor design).

OOH I get it now. Thanks for the clarification. I saw the Crinklz V2 and they've caught my attention, probably going to order them.

- - - Updated - - -

12srepaid said:
To the OP, Have you tried Magnifico's or Ultrastretch yet? I love their velcro style tabs.

Not really. I've just looked them up and they look promising. First time I tried velcro tabs were with some Depend-like diapers and they were a great idea but not very sticky, especially during the night. Might order a sample of those to see. Thanks for the tip!

- - - Updated - - -

bambinod said:
I'd caution you that not all landing zones are created equal. Some diapers use a really thin material that can be torn when trying to pull off a tape or even just during normal wear. I've experienced this several times with both Tykable regulars and TotalDry Plus.

It's quite annoying to be changing out of a wet diaper and pull a tape only to have it rip open the shell and start dumping/scattering wet SAP all over the place...

hahahaha been there done that. My first time with the Tykables. I was super excited after how much they'd swollen, and as I was taking them off, the tab pulled part of the from cover and all my floor ended up with SAP. Still enjoyed them though!

Yeah, you're talking about Depends here. Although I don't really care for the term "abdl" diapers, but I also don't know of a better name either, they seem to be better, and more inviting than medical diapers, which looks depressing.

I haven't tried much when it comes to ab brands but in my opinion ABU Space, Little Paws, and Simple are the best for absorbency. I often add a booster for extra thickness when very wet!

12srepaid said:
Yeah, you're talking about Depends here. Although I don't really care for the term "abdl" diapers, but I also don't know of a better name either, they seem to be better, and more inviting than medical diapers, which looks depressing.

How about "premium" diaper. They don't have to be medical or abdl to look and work really good. Northshore, confidry, and betterdry and NOT abdl diapers, they certainly aren't medical grade either.

I don't pull the tapes off to to get the diaper off i just stand up and slid it off no problem. But that don't work for some that can't stand up.

Well I appreciate the help everybody! I ended up going for the Crinklz, but just can't get the space diapers off my mind, so those'll be next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back