Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diapers are nice when you hurt yourself

Default Diapers are nice when you hurt yourself

This is weird since I don't usually tell anyone intimate details of my life but this is too relevant to pass up. This morning I was showering and I sort of crouched down and accidentally sat right down on the metal rod that you pull up from the faucet to make the showerhead work. Had it been a couple inches lower, I would have had an awkward emergency room trip. It hurt like all hell as can be imagined and it left a big red bruise down where the sun don't shine. Fortunately, that means my diaper acts as a sort of cushion since it hurts so much! Like a great big butt Band-Aid.
    Oh, and I broke the stupid mechanism so now it's stuck. Geez.

Diapers are also convenient for when you're sick or have diarrhea. You don't have to get up while padded, and keeps you from running to the toilet every 5 minutes. They can also be useful if you have broken leg and have a hard time moving.

Sometimes I get into small accidents like twisting my foot or falling and making it hard to walk for a few hours, and to help me stay off my feet I put a diaper on so I can recover quicker.

Great for hiking on more populated trails, where it's not exactly easy to find a place where you're sure no one's going to walk up on you in the middle of something.

Or when you sprained your ankle on a hike and wind up not wanting to put any weight on your leg for a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommycombs View Post
    Oh, and I broke the stupid mechanism so now it's stuck. Geez.
    The whole spout with the plunger either unscrews or there is an allen screw underneath that holds it in place. The replacement can be bought at any hardware store probably for under $10.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaramouche View Post
    The whole spout with the plunger either unscrews or there is an allen screw underneath that holds it in place. The replacement can be bought at any hardware store probably for under $10.
    Thanks. I figured it was a cheap fix but I was annoyed that my painful butt jab broke the durn thing!

When I go out biking in the early morning, I'm usually wearing a thick cloth diaper which gives me a lot more padding than either my bike shorts give me or my bicycle seat provides.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    When I go out biking in the early morning, I'm usually wearing a thick cloth diaper which gives me a lot more padding than either my bike shorts give me or my bicycle seat provides.
    I never thought of that! My bike used to have the most uncomfortable seat. This would have been nice to have!

A few years back I fell on ice and severely bruised my knee, I had to go to an orthopedic doctor to get water drained out, I also had a hair line crack on my knee cap, I was pretty much couch / bed ridden for a week, diapers were such a lifesaver, even my GF at the time was thankful for them, I literally couldn't bend my leg so getting up and moving around was aweful

They actually do make a great bandaid.

I've had a number of surgeries down there, either the penis, anus, lower back, and right now my lower abdomen too. The diaper does a great job at absorbing any blood.