GreenieTheFilly

Greenie the Filly
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Little
So, as you might've seen in a previous post, I started wearing 24/7 last week. This isn't the first time I've gone 24/7, but this is the longest time.

It's gotten a little... dull. Don't get me wrong, there's still something a little exciting in wetting while you're talking to someone, and it's still fun to excuse yourself to the bathroom and have to take your pack with you, but...

I don't know, those first few days were a lot more fun. Almost all of it was exciting. Every minute of wearing, being reminded I was wet. Now it's kinda par for the course. I'm not going to stop unless it all becomes boring or normal, but it's interesting how quickly the novelty fades.

Heracy! No actually you are right. It's a bit too common for me to see someone someone say they desprately want to become incontinent (not saying you), but within a month of wearing 24/7 they realise that's not what they want after all.

I'm glad you were able to find out what's right for you. And yeah, after a while diapers just become your normal underwear. Fun underwear for sure, but not that fear inducing taboo of wearing out of the house and around others.

I have been wearing without using 24/7 for months and still enjoy it (Tena Stretch Super first, now Ultrastretch Bianco with Quadro inserts). I do need the protection for the occasional but rare bowel incident, so it is a win-win for me. Get hook and loop diapers and try wearing without using - it is a lot less work.

I'd suggest mixing it up a bit. Get youself a variety of diapers. (and grow your stash!) Something thin and durable for daytime, something loose and casual for evening wear, and something nice and thick for overnight!

(and maybe a bag or two of "special occasion" like some rearz or magnifico or princess)

This was a big concern of mine when I started being physically comfortable enough doing 24/7. I found that being mindful of how long I had been in diapers and how much longer I had to go helped keep my interest. I'm not suggesting that specifically, more suggesting that by leveraging what you like, you may find ways to keep it fun longer (I just recently passed 9 months, longest ever for me).

I'm now on the third week of a round of full time diaper wearing. This is, I think, my fourth go at it, but the first time I've gotten past two weeks.

While I wouldn't say it's getting boring, I can say that I'm getting more and more used to it and it's getting to be just a thing. With each change, I get a little more proficient with getting the diaper on properly and taking less time to do it, so it's less of a challenge. My biggest challenge now is being self conscious. It's hard not to think about wether others notice how big my butt is or not.

I'm shooting for 4 wks straight this time. Hopefully after 4 wks it does become sort of boring and will be better adjusted. After all, with or without the diaper, were still the same person

Thanks for the advice

I have a stash with a variety of diapers in it. Although, I just learned that I've been wearing a size too small for years, which is what spurred me to start 24/7 cuz now they fit, but in any case I'm not saying it's über boring, Just noting how quickly it became normal for me.

I actually find it fun to try and figure out how much stuff I'm going to need throughout the day. A great morning was when I woke up wet, realized I didn't have any day diapers, so I had to get some pants on over my wet night-time and get to the store. It wasn't because of the exhibition, it was because it kinda made me feel dependent on them.

Biggest thing I'm trying to do right now is learning to trust my diaper and just let go. Body wants to hold it all in :p

so I had to get some pants on over my wet night-time and get to the store. It wasn't because of the exhibition, it was because it kinda made me feel dependent on them.

This is the interesting bit about 24/7. Although the burning 'desire' fades after a week or two, it is soon replaced by an imagined sense of 'need,' in reality just habit, that holds my attention. E.g. 'I'll need my changing bag because I'll be out for the whole afternoon.' Of course, I don't 'need' anything, I don't 'need' to wet, but I will do out of habit and for convenience, and that makes me need the changing bag, which makes it possible to carry on wetting, etc. Or, 'I haven't done a poo yet this morning; the next change will probably be a messy one so I'll put a liner in.' It's that passive voice, 'the nappy will be messy', that distances the process from my own volition and diminishes my sense of control. Then when need arises, because I'm mentally prepared for it to happen, I poo in the nappy and the prophesy fulfils itself, generating pleasure along the way and making me glad I have stuck to it.

I've found that since wearing every day since April that regular underwear feels weird and unnatural. It just feels like there is little to nothing there. What's more, my head has accepted this new normal and it feels right. Like I've corrected a long-standing wrong. Wearing normal underwear would seem dishonest and a lie. It's not like I have a huge urge to tell the world, but it still feels dishonest. Especially to myself. It feels like a costume or a uniform for living in the vanilla world.

hytertax said:
Thanks for the advice

I have a stash with a variety of diapers in it. Although, I just learned that I've been wearing a size too small for years, which is what spurred me to start 24/7 cuz now they fit, but in any case I'm not saying it's über boring, Just noting how quickly it became normal for me.

I actually find it fun to try and figure out how much stuff I'm going to need throughout the day. A great morning was when I woke up wet, realized I didn't have any day diapers, so I had to get some pants on over my wet night-time and get to the store. It wasn't because of the exhibition, it was because it kinda made me feel dependent on them.

Biggest thing I'm trying to do right now is learning to trust my diaper and just let go. Body wants to hold it all in :p

Make sure you don't try to force the wetting. Do your best to just let it happen, and don't clamp down mid stream. Doing so has the potential to lead to what os called detrusor sphincter dyssynergia. Trust me when I say you don't want to end up with this.

Just googled that. That's the opposite goal of what I want. Thanks for telling me about that

- - - Updated - - -

Paxe said:
This is the interesting bit about 24/7. Although the burning 'desire' fades after a week or two, it is soon replaced by an imagined sense of 'need,' in reality just habit, that holds my attention. E.g. 'I'll need my changing bag because I'll be out for the whole afternoon.' Of course, I don't 'need' anything, I don't 'need' to wet, but I will do out of habit and for convenience, and that makes me need the changing bag, which makes it possible to carry on wetting, etc. Or, 'I haven't done a poo yet this morning; the next change will probably be a messy one so I'll put a liner in.' It's that passive voice, 'the nappy will be messy', that distances the process from my own volition and diminishes my sense of control. Then when need arises, because I'm mentally prepared for it to happen, I poo in the nappy and the prophesy fulfils itself, generating pleasure along the way and making me glad I have stuck to it.

It's also somewhat physical for me. I get to a point where after having been so relaxed for a week, when switching back to underwear I always feel like I'm about to pee myself. It's certainly a mental dependency.

Tommycombs, I think it's interesting that you approach 24/7 as something not "vanilla". While for you, in your mentality it's something completely out there, on the other side or normalcy, for everyone else it's just something that everyone accepts (to a point, of course). That's how I'm approaching 24/7. If someone notices, they'll just assume it's for medical need. Also, yes. Diapers feel "right" to wear. I have trouble with things that feel "right" because of my OCD (it's hard to tell if it's part of the disorder or if it's just a normal reaction), but I agree.

Slowmo, thank you for letting me know about that. Holy crap, that's like the opposite of the end goal here. Rising pressure in the bladder, no thank you. Probably need to get some boosters at this point to remedy that clamping instinct, these store brand ones are all I can afford and they have a tendency to leak without one.

hytertax said:
Just googled that. That's the opposite goal of what I want. Thanks for telling me about that

- - - Updated - - -

It's also somewhat physical for me. I get to a point where after having been so relaxed for a week, when switching back to underwear I always feel like I'm about to pee myself. It's certainly a mental dependency.

Tommycombs, I think it's interesting that you approach 24/7 as something not "vanilla". While for you, in your mentality it's something completely out there, on the other side or normalcy, for everyone else it's just something that everyone accepts (to a point, of course). That's how I'm approaching 24/7. If someone notices, they'll just assume it's for medical need. Also, yes. Diapers feel "right" to wear. I have trouble with things that feel "right" because of my OCD (it's hard to tell if it's part of the disorder or if it's just a normal reaction), but I agree.

Slowmo, thank you for letting me know about that. Holy crap, that's like the opposite of the end goal here. Rising pressure in the bladder, no thank you. Probably need to get some boosters at this point to remedy that clamping instinct, these store brand ones are all I can afford and they have a tendency to leak without one.

Yeah I know right. I developed it more because of underlying neurologial problems coupled with lower spinal damage. DSD is a bit rare otherwise, but can still develop if when you find you start peeing to then try and clamp down. Do this enough times and your body will start to get those mixed signals autmatically ingrained.

(Conversely, potty training is clamping down to hold it to begin with, and reverse potty training is trying to not clamp down at all).

The brain will habituate to absolutely anything.

The exciting feelings leave in about a month of dedicated 24/7 usage, then it becomes just a normal part of your life. You can still treat messing as a rare treat and keep that exciting if it's your thing. But if you always mess, then it'll have the same effect.

If your goal is to unlink diapers from arousal, wearing 24/7 will definitely help with that. It was a welcome change in my case. I still like them and want to wear them, but it's just an identity, comfort and security thing now.

I concur with Tommycombs, the time I went to the doctor with just plain underwear, it felt like I wasn't wearing anything at all. Very uncomfortable!

goten said:
If your goal is to unlink diapers from arousal, wearing 24/7 will definitely help with that. It was a welcome change in my case. I still like them and want to wear them, but it's just an identity, comfort and security thing now.

At one point, I tried just wearing night to try and unlink diapers from arousal, but in the end it just reinforced it because I would just get aroused in bed. At this point, I can't say I haven't gotten aroused because of it, but the frequency is much smaller than in other diaper experiences. Doing everything in diapers everywhere is a lot different then spending nights in diapers only in bed, which is already associated with sex

Tommycombs said:
I've found that since wearing every day since April that regular underwear feels weird and unnatural. It just feels like there is little to nothing there. What's more, my head has accepted this new normal and it feels right.

I think I'd agree with that, I never cared for the fit of underwear, and now that I've been 24/7 for awhile now I fund that diapers fit and work so much better than regular underwear ever did. No skin rubbing / chaffing, never rides up, never bunches to one side or the other, (a big problem for me, briefs just arn't wide enough) and if my butt cheeks are chaffed from walking too much, I can put on as much lotion there as I want to without oil-staining my pants. (and there;s the convenience factor there too!) Underwear have never fit so comfortably. If there was one life change I wish I had made sooner, THIS would be it!

bambinod said:
I think I'd agree with that, I never cared for the fit of underwear, and now that I've been 24/7 for awhile now I fund that diapers fit and work so much better than regular underwear ever did. No skin rubbing / chaffing, never rides up, never bunches to one side or the other, (a big problem for me, briefs just arn't wide enough) and if my butt cheeks are chaffed from walking too much, I can put on as much lotion there as I want to without oil-staining my pants. (and there;s the convenience factor there too!) Underwear have never fit so comfortably. If there was one life change I wish I had made sooner, THIS would be it!

While I've never gone this long before, going back to underpants after six months and change a couple times was a welcome relief. There was a short period where they felt a bit strange but it's a good strange. At some point, diapers would have to feel "normal" to me but I don't know how long that will take.

It seems funny how we sometimes talk about 24/7 as if it is some kind of commitment. I decided a couple years ago to simply wear whatever I felt like wearing at any given time. It started out as 50/50 but now regular underwear is definitely the exception and not the rule. I thought the enjoyment would greatly lessen or disappear over time but, as with some others here, that doesn't seem to be the case.

Drifter said:
It seems funny how we sometimes talk about 24/7 as if it is some kind of commitment. I decided a couple years ago to simply wear whatever I felt like wearing at any given time. It started out as 50/50 but now regular underwear is definitely the exception and not the rule. I thought the enjoyment would greatly lessen or disappear over time but, as with some others here, that doesn't seem to be the case.

I realize it doesn't have to be a commitment. I can't speak for anyone else but the notion of the commitment itself has been a powerful incentive to keep it going. Everyone is going to have a different approach but knowing it's a specific condition is part of what keeps it from getting dull.

Trevor said:
I realize it doesn't have to be a commitment. I can't speak for anyone else but the notion of the commitment itself has been a powerful incentive to keep it going. Everyone is going to have a different approach but knowing it's a specific condition is part of what keeps it from getting dull.

Good point. The fantasy of being forced into diapers can seem like fun for some, and making it a commitment is one way to make it seem like you are being forced. And there could be other variations on this theme that some might find fun ... :scratchchin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back