Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 24/7 gets a little boring

Default 24/7 gets a little boring

So, as you might've seen in a previous post, I started wearing 24/7 last week. This isn't the first time I've gone 24/7, but this is the longest time.

It's gotten a little... dull. Don't get me wrong, there's still something a little exciting in wetting while you're talking to someone, and it's still fun to excuse yourself to the bathroom and have to take your pack with you, but...

I don't know, those first few days were a lot more fun. Almost all of it was exciting. Every minute of wearing, being reminded I was wet. Now it's kinda par for the course. I'm not going to stop unless it all becomes boring or normal, but it's interesting how quickly the novelty fades.

Heracy! No actually you are right. It's a bit too common for me to see someone someone say they desprately want to become incontinent (not saying you), but within a month of wearing 24/7 they realise that's not what they want after all.

I'm glad you were able to find out what's right for you. And yeah, after a while diapers just become your normal underwear. Fun underwear for sure, but not that fear inducing taboo of wearing out of the house and around others.

I have been wearing without using 24/7 for months and still enjoy it (Tena Stretch Super first, now Ultrastretch Bianco with Quadro inserts). I do need the protection for the occasional but rare bowel incident, so it is a win-win for me. Get hook and loop diapers and try wearing without using - it is a lot less work.

I'd suggest mixing it up a bit. Get youself a variety of diapers. (and grow your stash!) Something thin and durable for daytime, something loose and casual for evening wear, and something nice and thick for overnight!

(and maybe a bag or two of "special occasion" like some rearz or magnifico or princess)

This was a big concern of mine when I started being physically comfortable enough doing 24/7. I found that being mindful of how long I had been in diapers and how much longer I had to go helped keep my interest. I'm not suggesting that specifically, more suggesting that by leveraging what you like, you may find ways to keep it fun longer (I just recently passed 9 months, longest ever for me).

I'm now on the third week of a round of full time diaper wearing. This is, I think, my fourth go at it, but the first time I've gotten past two weeks.

While I wouldn't say it's getting boring, I can say that I'm getting more and more used to it and it's getting to be just a thing. With each change, I get a little more proficient with getting the diaper on properly and taking less time to do it, so it's less of a challenge. My biggest challenge now is being self conscious. It's hard not to think about wether others notice how big my butt is or not.

I'm shooting for 4 wks straight this time. Hopefully after 4 wks it does become sort of boring and will be better adjusted. After all, with or without the diaper, were still the same person

Thanks for the advice

I have a stash with a variety of diapers in it. Although, I just learned that I've been wearing a size too small for years, which is what spurred me to start 24/7 cuz now they fit, but in any case I'm not saying it's über boring, Just noting how quickly it became normal for me.

I actually find it fun to try and figure out how much stuff I'm going to need throughout the day. A great morning was when I woke up wet, realized I didn't have any day diapers, so I had to get some pants on over my wet night-time and get to the store. It wasn't because of the exhibition, it was because it kinda made me feel dependent on them.

Biggest thing I'm trying to do right now is learning to trust my diaper and just let go. Body wants to hold it all in :P

so I had to get some pants on over my wet night-time and get to the store. It wasn't because of the exhibition, it was because it kinda made me feel dependent on them.
    This is the interesting bit about 24/7. Although the burning 'desire' fades after a week or two, it is soon replaced by an imagined sense of 'need,' in reality just habit, that holds my attention. E.g. 'I'll need my changing bag because I'll be out for the whole afternoon.' Of course, I don't 'need' anything, I don't 'need' to wet, but I will do out of habit and for convenience, and that makes me need the changing bag, which makes it possible to carry on wetting, etc. Or, 'I haven't done a poo yet this morning; the next change will probably be a messy one so I'll put a liner in.' It's that passive voice, 'the nappy will be messy', that distances the process from my own volition and diminishes my sense of control. Then when need arises, because I'm mentally prepared for it to happen, I poo in the nappy and the prophesy fulfils itself, generating pleasure along the way and making me glad I have stuck to it.

I've found that since wearing every day since April that regular underwear feels weird and unnatural. It just feels like there is little to nothing there. What's more, my head has accepted this new normal and it feels right. Like I've corrected a long-standing wrong. Wearing normal underwear would seem dishonest and a lie. It's not like I have a huge urge to tell the world, but it still feels dishonest. Especially to myself. It feels like a costume or a uniform for living in the vanilla world.

Quote Originally Posted by hytertax View Post
    Thanks for the advice

I have a stash with a variety of diapers in it. Although, I just learned that I've been wearing a size too small for years, which is what spurred me to start 24/7 cuz now they fit, but in any case I'm not saying it's über boring, Just noting how quickly it became normal for me.

I actually find it fun to try and figure out how much stuff I'm going to need throughout the day. A great morning was when I woke up wet, realized I didn't have any day diapers, so I had to get some pants on over my wet night-time and get to the store. It wasn't because of the exhibition, it was because it kinda made me feel dependent on them.

Biggest thing I'm trying to do right now is learning to trust my diaper and just let go. Body wants to hold it all in :P
    Make sure you don't try to force the wetting. Do your best to just let it happen, and don't clamp down mid stream. Doing so has the potential to lead to what os called detrusor sphincter dyssynergia. Trust me when I say you don't want to end up with this.