Damm! Pampers have changed again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those channels are there because fluff loaded with SAP does a great job of absorbing, but once it's wet it does NOT wick, and wetness will flow over the top and go in a random, probably unwanted direction (like off to the side and out a leg gather) and leak. "Those "fluid channels" are there to give the fluid a fast, contained path to dry padding somewhere it won't leak.

bambinod said:
Those channels are there because fluff loaded with SAP does a great job of absorbing, but once it's wet it does NOT wick, and wetness will flow over the top and go in a random, probably unwanted direction (like off to the side and out a leg gather) and leak. "Those "fluid channels" are there to give the fluid a fast, contained path to dry padding somewhere it won't leak.
It makes plenty of sense. I wonder if it'll make the leap to adult diapers? I know some adult diapers do have seams in the padding that are meant to act similarly, but I haven't seen anything to compare with the air-mattress-like/maxi-like appearance of this Pampers padding (when wet). Unfortunately for those of us who use baby diapers, it probably doesn't help. Unless we're very careful to moderate our flow, we're pretty certain to overwhelm all of the fluff, no matter what fancy shaping/channels are there. Or that would be my expectation, anyway.

KimbaWolfNagihiko said:
Huggies are still kind of king in my book, although I can't seem to find the Snug and Dry size 6 in small packages at the local Walmarts anymore.
Now that your mom's in on it, maybe you can just grab a box? I haven't looked at the Snug & Dry boxes, but the Overnites 6 boxes are kind of small as boxes go, and seem reasonably priced (at Walmart). I'd take Overnites over Snug & Dry anytime, but then maybe you prefer the Snug & Dry prints or something. That kind of stuff is hit/miss with me.

Cottontail said:
Now that your mom's in on it, maybe you can just grab a box? I haven't looked at the Snug & Dry boxes, but the Overnites 6 boxes are kind of small as boxes go, and seem reasonably priced (at Walmart). I'd take Overnites over Snug & Dry anytime, but then maybe you prefer the Snug & Dry prints or something. That kind of stuff is hit/miss with me.

I've kind of wanted to try the OverNites for several years now, but... it's hard for me to buy more than a small pack at a time, being unemployed and all. I have seen small packs of them at Rite Aid though.

Last edited:
My complaint is a bit different, but... still the same company.... just maybe not worthy of its own topic....

Hello Kitty Easy Ups?! I hate you, Pampers. I absolutely hate you. 0% chance that such a thing even has any hope of ever fitting. Not even in the realm of possibility whatsoever. :sweatdrop:

ShippoFox said:
Hello Kitty Easy Ups?! I hate you, Pampers. I absolutely hate you. 0% chance that such a thing even has any hope of ever fitting. Not even in the realm of possibility whatsoever. :sweatdrop:

I realized that, too. So disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back