Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Damm! Pampers have changed again!

Default Damm! Pampers have changed again!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NewPamp.jpg 
Views:	259 
Size:	64.3 KB 
ID:	29536

The recent Pampers had the "12 hours of protection" tag in the corner of the package while the newest version has "Extra Absorb Channels" and it is a wholly different diaper. The change will likely not affect babys, moms or slim ABDLs who use them whole but I use them as suffers and the new ones are not as good. The older Pampers could be pulled apart removing the leg gathers and pealing the plastic backing off leaving the SAP & fluff sealed in a fluid permeable package while pulling the back off the new ones exposes the core creating quite a mess in your larger diaper.
    Sadly dissapointed in my recent pampers purchase I ventured out to several stores and found one lone package of the old ones in a display of the new.
    All is not lost yet for as Huggies, CVS and now Pampers do not peal apart to a nice liner Luvs still do.

Yeah, I picked up a pack of these the other day. As I had feared when I first saw the Extra Absorb Channels icon on the package, these new Baby Dry diapers have been reduced in size to match Cruisers 7 and Swaddlers 7. They're now about an inch shorter. Get a big box of the pre-Channels version while you still can!

Luvs seems unaffected. So far.

I find it funny when people make threads about how baby diapers keep getting bigger. In the last 10 years, the only changes I've really seen in that regard have been the numbers on the packages. The actual diapers have either stayed the same, size-wise, or have gotten smaller.

You know the last version had fluid channels in them too right. And I have no idea why you're pealing them apart lole that. They work perfectly as a booster when left intact.

Quote Originally Posted by Slomo View Post
    You know the last version had fluid channels in them too right. And I have no idea why you're pealing them apart lole that. They work perfectly as a booster when left intact.
    The Extra Absorb Channels are new to Baby Dry as of just a couple of months ago. Cruisers got them first, last year. And then Swaddlers. The padding takes on a very distinct shape when wet, very unlike the old padding.

As for tearing them apart: I usually rip the elastics and leak guards out when using them as boosters. Otherwise they bunch up and become uncomfortable really quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    The Extra Absorb Channels are new to Baby Dry as of just a couple of months ago. Cruisers got them first, last year. And then Swaddlers. The padding takes on a very distinct shape when wet, very unlike the old padding.

As for tearing them apart: I usually rip the elastics and leak guards out when using them as boosters. Otherwise they bunch up and become uncomfortable really quickly.
    Yeah, I noticed them on the swaddlers about 6 months ago. I've actually found that leaving the leak guards in place (and cloth backing) actually help them as boosters. I do tear off the velcro tabs though as they somtimes will press into my skin if its not positioned just right.

I have found use with using baby diapers as stuffers with out much altering.
    Using a cloth backed adult diaper, in my case a bambino stretch, I put a pamper onto of the adult diaper, I lay down on it, I then fan out the front of the pamper on me then pull the front of the adult diaper up, I then take the tapes of the pamper and attached then to the front cover of the adult diaper, then tape the adult diaper over that, this keeps the baby diaper in place, it keeps the back of the baby diaper from moving around and giving me a weggie.

cottontail, i bought a pack of 2016 pampers with extra absorb channels. did they get shorter in 2017 or in 2016?

Quote Originally Posted by GuybrushT View Post
    cottontail, i bought a pack of 2016 pampers with extra absorb channels. did they get shorter in 2017 or in 2016?
    Cruisers 7 shrunk sometime mid-2016, and was until recently shorter than Baby Dry 6 by most of an inch. The new Baby Dry 6 with the Absorb Channels just shrunk to match, leaving Luvs 6 as the largest/longest P&G diaper. No idea how long that'll last. Get 'em soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    Cruisers 7 shrunk sometime mid-2016, and was until recently shorter than Baby Dry 6 by most of an inch. The new Baby Dry 6 with the Absorb Channels just shrunk to match, leaving Luvs 6 as the largest/longest P&G diaper. No idea how long that'll last. Get 'em soon!
    I just went around the neighborhood and got a pack of 2016 ones that have a different style lot code, and no 3 channel style. They are an inch longer! It is possible that they could have become shorter but stretch wider, like goodnites have....

Diaper Safari complete!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh wait--my diaper safari is never complete....(sheds one single tear)

Quote Originally Posted by Slomo View Post
    No the new ones are quite different. The old are a humongous blend of SAP and fluff tapering in thickness from the front to rear in a fluid permeable layer inside and out with the outside layered with printed plastic and then a cloth like layer. The new ones have a curlicue pattern in the SAP-fluff layer and no fluid permeable layer under the printed plastic outer sub layer. There are no obvious "fluid channels" as shown in the new graphic either. The Muppet prints are different Too.
    If you do not peal them apart you have to slit them with a razor blade so the excess "fluid" passes through to the host adult diaper allowing SAP granules to escape leading to much extra clean up effort.