Potty Training Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

pottytraining546

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Hey, I've never posted here so I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place. I started wearing diapers 24/7 about 8 months ago and have lost almost all control. I've trained myself to bed wet almost every night and now have several accidents throughout the day without noticing I'm going.

However, this is becoming costly and I'm now trying to go through the process of potty training again. In the past four days I've gone undiapered I've had five daytime accidents and wet my diaper every night without waking up. I'm wondering if anyone here could give some tips on how they potty trained AFTER being diapered 24/7

First of all, welcome! Would you please post an intro HERE so we can get to know you better? The better we know a member, the better the advice we can give.

There are quite a few here who have had to retrain themselves. But I also have to ask the question if you have seen a doctor lately? There may be something else going on thaat is causing you to lose control.

Thanks!!

I haven't seen a doctor just because I'm fairly confident the issue is that I've just been wearing for so long without thinking about when I'm going, it seems like a pretty big coincidence that there would be an issue biologically right when I started wearing 24/7 ya know?

Welcome. You're describing a situation that's actually rather unusual in a healthy person. While some people who have gone 24/7 for a long while will have an accident or two due to habit if they decide to take a break from diapers, most people who have been potty-trained are able to hold it and stop themselves from peeing if they want to, even if they have not done so for a long time. If you're consistently having accidents where you're not able to notice that you have to go and hold it, you might want to see a doctor to make sure there's nothing else wrong. You can tell a doctor about all this stuff, by the way, they're required to keep your information confidential and their goal is to treat you effectively.

If you're not quite up for seeing a doctor yet (though you should) or you just want some advice for this transition, I think the things to focus on are, well, the basics of potty-training. Consider setting yourself a routine during the daytime. Hold it for two or three hours, then go use the potty. Try not to drink too much caffeine or other irritants. Then as you get used to that, you can spread it out a bit more, maybe once every three or four hours if you're not drinking too much. Similarly, for nighttime, even if you're wearing a diaper to bed, make sure that you use the potty right before bed, and don't have too much to drink in the evening. Again, especially avoid caffeine at night, and try to avoid alcohol also.

If you're making efforts yet still wetting yourself without control, it's for sure time to see the doctor.

ArchieRoni said:
If you're not quite up for seeing a doctor yet (though you should) or you just want some advice for this transition, I think the things to focus on are, well, the basics of potty-training. Consider setting yourself a routine during the daytime. Hold it for two or three hours, then go use the potty. Try not to drink too much caffeine or other irritants. Then as you get used to that, you can spread it out a bit more, maybe once every three or four hours if you're not drinking too much. Similarly, for nighttime, even if you're wearing a diaper to bed, make sure that you use the potty right before bed, and don't have too much to drink in the evening. Again, especially avoid caffeine at night, and try to avoid alcohol also.

If you're making efforts yet still wetting yourself without control, it's for sure time to see the doctor.

I tried doing a scheduled potty time every few hours, and I'd follow that fine, but even in between those potty breaks I'd find myself leaking into my boxers. I tried to shorten the periods between the breaks to an hour but that would become a nuisance and I would often skip and hour and before you know it, I'd have another accident. I guess I just don't have the determination to keep up with a schedule like that, didn't realize potty training was so tough.

Do you think it's best if I continue to wear diapers during this time to prevent ruining my clothes? Or does that just reinforce everything?

pottytraining546 said:
I tried doing a scheduled potty time every few hours, and I'd follow that fine, but even in between those potty breaks I'd find myself leaking into my boxers. I tried to shorten the periods between the breaks to an hour but that would become a nuisance and I would often skip and hour and before you know it, I'd have another accident. I guess I just don't have the determination to keep up with a schedule like that, didn't realize potty training was so tough.

Do you think it's best if I continue to wear diapers during this time to prevent ruining my clothes? Or does that just reinforce everything?

Personally, I think it's better to wear diapers to protect your clothes and other stuff. That's literally what they're for. But you do need to pay attention. If you notice yourself peeing, stop if you can. You can also try Kegel exercises to help. http://www.webmd.com/urinary-incontinence-oab/kegel-exercises-treating-male-urinary-incontinence#1

pottytraining546 said:
Hey, I've never posted here so I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place. I started wearing diapers 24/7 about 8 months ago and have lost almost all control. I've trained myself to bed wet almost every night and now have several accidents throughout the day without noticing I'm going.

However, this is becoming costly and I'm now trying to go through the process of potty training again. In the past four days I've gone undiapered I've had five daytime accidents and wet my diaper every night without waking up. I'm wondering if anyone here could give some tips on how they potty trained AFTER being diapered 24/7

This is why becoming a bedwetter should not be taken lightly as it may prove permanent.

How did you make yourself a bedwetter in the first place?
As far as getting out of it, I would try a bedwetting alarm, since it will help train you to discover when your prostate is trying to release urine.

SirSaitama said:
As far as getting out of it, I would try a bedwetting alarm, since it will help train you to discover when your prostate is trying to release urine.

I'd just drink a lot before bed and any time I had to pee I'd just do it right when I woke up. It became second nature after a few months. I'm more worried about the bedwetting than the daytime wetting because at least during the day I'm conscious when it starts. At night I don't realize I had to go until I wake up in the
morning. This is what I wanted ultimately, but now it costs so much money to keep up.

SirSaitama said:

Prostate dose not release urine. It produces seamen.

Reactions: TisForTot
Often when a new member comes on to this site without making an introduction thread, and talks about something as extreme as self induced incontinence, one naturally suspects other motives. You're 25 years old and I'm assuming, healthy? If you truly are incontinent from going 24/7, you've induced a urinary tract infection or something medical has gone wrong. I would go to a doctor as none of us here can reverse whatever has happened.

pottytraining546 said:
I'd just drink a lot before bed and any time I had to pee I'd just do it right when I woke up. It became second nature after a few months. I'm more worried about the bedwetting than the daytime wetting because at least during the day I'm conscious when it starts. At night I don't realize I had to go until I wake up in the
morning. This is what I wanted ultimately, but now it costs so much money to keep up.
Do you live in the UK because if you are now genuinely incontinent then you can get refered by your doctor to the continence service. You will after several assessments and appointments get a supply of pads from them. The fact that you basically made your self a bedwetter is not the issue now as you obviously regret it and have to live with nightly involuntary bed-wetting as I do.

condom catheter and a collection bag. that's what they use in the hospitals.

buy and use some really poor diapers. you will have more incentive to use the bathroom.

Hey there! I'm in a similar situation, in that my existing continence problems were worsened by passive untraining to the point that I'm pretty much fully incontinent.

Unfortunately, I don't have very many hopeful words. I've tried toilet training three times and had no noticeable success on any occasion. All I can say is don't be afraid to go back to diapers if that is what you need to do in the end.

pottytraining546 said:
I started wearing diapers 24/7 about 8 months ago and have lost almost all control.

doubt it.

INCONTAL said:
Prostate dose not release urine. It produces seamen.

Lol no it doesn't do that either. Prostate produces prostatic fluid. The Seminal vesicle is what produces semen. Ejaculate is a combination of sperm, semen, and prostatic fluid, but prostatic fluid only makes up a bout a quarter of it, semen makes up pretty much the rest.

Update: It's been over a month and I have made some progress with my day time accidents, but my night time accidents are still occurring almost every night. If I'm on top of my game during the day I can usually catch it, but anything I try with my night time wetting doesn't seem to cut it. I really tried the first few weeks, but I lost motivation and haven't really made much progress recently

I visited my doctor, who ran a bunch of tests and doesn't seem concerned with my health. He thinks it may be stress related but honestly I just think I've grown accustom to using diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back