carrying around stuffies

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdorbzLittleGirl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
Does anyone carry around their stuffies? I'm just curious. I do sometimes, but I haven't done it in a while. I had a time where I used to it more. I like to have them as a comfort because I get anxious easily due to my autism. :c

I took Wolfie with me everyday to school last year :p. But he stayed hidden in my backpack most of the time

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

I don't carry them around when I'm out and about, but I have stuffed animals strategically placed around most of the places I frequent (like, my bedroom, near the TV, and at my desk at work). And sometimes when I feel like I need it, I'll hang onto one while I'm doing other stuff. Like, the other day I had a really difficult legal thing that I had to read through at work, so I held onto one of my plush animals the whole time while I was reading it.

The only time I might is if I'm going to the emergency room or some types of medical appointments, or I might take one on a long car ride. I wouldn't mind doing it more often but my mother is my main source of transportation and even though she's OK with my adult baby side, I don't press my luck too hard. The last time I went to the hospital for some tests I smuggled along my PAW Patrol Marshall plushie to help with my anxiety and the woman who did my echocardiogram asked what it was and said it was cute.

Okj carry around my Leppy. He goes every where that I go

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I carry one of my plushies around the house once in a while, but only when I'm home alone. Other than that, they stay on the side of my bed where my dog can't get to them. I have three of them wearing baby diapers and anyone who saw them did not question me about it. I hold on to the ones that are padded more often than the ones that aren't.

I have many teddy bears at home that I carry around & cuddle during the day. There are 4 who stay permanently on my bed.

About 6 months ago, I started to take one of my bears most times when I caught up with family (just Mum or Dad, not extended family). Because I've been going through a difficult time mentally, I just feel like I need him there with me.

Many years ago at Christmas, we headed to my Auntie & Uncles place, about 2 hours from home. I took 2 bears with me then & that's the only time I've sort of come out of my extended family on my Dad's side. I also had my butterfly quilt with me as well & to this day, I still wonder what they might have been thinking, lol.

I have a little plushie, "Magenta" from Blue's Clues that I carry around with me in my diaper bag. She helps me feel safe wherever I go.

Mine occasionally make it from the bedroom to the kitchen to join my wife and I. Often it's the two mooses. The mooses give my wife a bad time, squeaking at her and sometimes, flying into her. She isn't as adult as she should be because she will throw them across the room, which infuriates the mooses. I've encouraged my wife and the mooses to see a counselor, but the mooses won't do it. The other plushies are much better behaved, fortunately.

caitianx said:
I have a little plushie, "Magenta" from Blue's Clues that I carry around with me in my diaper bag. She helps me feel safe wherever I go.

I have Blue and Magenta on my bed. I also have a plush Blue coin purse, but it is too small to be practical.

Isaac and I walked around Birmingham tow center with our now stuffies last saturday.

we got lots of smiles one person stoped to talk to us about it very postive.

why should we walk about with out stuffies I think, it made me feel Little in publick and I know Isaac enjoyed being him self while out.

siysiy

I've been to shy to do that, for the most part. I did have a dream a while ago that I carried it with me everywhere, including in public.

If I'm staying somewhere overnight my big fox is going with me. Or in the case of an emergency hospital visit which I'd hope wouldn't happen he's going with me.

Bun Bun is usually in my purse when I'm out and about. ^^

Cereal said:
Bun Bun is usually in my purse when I'm out and about. ^^

I could probably get away with that... if I carried a purse. I travel light.

But my baby side is a boy anyway so I'd feel funny about toting a purse around.

KimbaWolfNagihiko said:
I could probably get away with that... if I carried a purse. I travel light.

But my baby side is a boy anyway so I'd feel funny about toting a purse around.
That's what backpacks are for [emoji14]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Todd, my fox plushie is usually in my room. After hours, when my parents are asleep I creep down the stairs carrying Todd with a paci in my mouth and we watch anime together then I snuggle with him during the night. Peter (from Beatrix Potter), my rabbit stuffie is in a trunk in the guest room, I can't access Peter (who was my favorite when I was little and still is my favorite) because mom is preserving it for posterity and wouldn't allow it to go out of the chest. My other stuffies are usually too large to take elsewhere without anyone noticing so I try to use Todd when I can and hope for the best.

whenever i go stay the night anywhere i bring either Lar Lar or Nommies.

caitianx said:

I remember her. She was so adorable.

I usually like to bring stuffies or my blankey (or both) when I'm going to stressful places. For example, if I have to go to the hospital. Even if it's for someone else like one of my parents. I used to do so for the dentist a lot when I went because I had a fear of dentists, and still do. I love to bring my pound puppy because my grampie gave him to me before he died. I was really close to him as a baby. His last words were actually to me saying, "give kimi a hug and kiss for me". It's something I've always cherished ever since my mom told me. My pound puppy protects me and makes me feel safe. When I had surgery to get the rest of my teeth pulled, they let me take in one of my plushies to cling onto down below me. So, I chose my pound puppy because he always makes me feel happy and really safe.

I do take my blankey and Axel plushie to my convention with me. We stay at the hotel for a while because of my autism and because it's easier. Well, Axel is my good luck charm. He has gone to every one of the same convention since 2009 when I first got him there. I never leave without him because I always feel like something bad will happen if I do. So, he's gone with me since then. He'll be about... eight or nine years old this year. He's quite old, and he's had three neck surgeries as well. :c

I've just got the one, and I only carry him around when I'm alone. Maybe I'll jump into my onesie too, if it's cold. I deal with an anxiety disorder, so sometimes having him around really helps to keep things at bay. Unfortunately I live with people who wouldn't be very accepting of my AB side. My roommate knows about my plushie but I think he'd be a little weirded out if I started carrying him around the apartment.

If I were to carry around my little guy I'd only ever keep him in my backpack or something, and I'd never take him out unless I were in a private place I feel safe, say a unisex bathroom.

There are plushie keychains that you can buy though, and I've seen those all over the place, so maybe that's something to consider?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back