How many pins do you use for your flat diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnifex

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I am wondering how many pins you are using on your flat cloth diapers and prefold and how you like to use them

Babybuk said:
I am wondering how many pins you are using on your flat cloth diapers and prefold and how you like to use them

(There's a discussion on this in the Cloth group, too.)

I pretty much pin my diapers as you see them on babies: One pin on each side, just forward of the hips, regardless of whether I'm wearing a prefold or a flat. (I mostly wear prefolds.)

...Although I have some Sweet Iris flats that are so stretchy, I can actually do a three-corner fold and use only a single pin, as is often done in cartoons. And the Sweet Iris flats are for babies! A little OT, but if you're looking for a one-of-a-kind diaper to add to your stash, definitely check these out.

I use 4 pins, with a prefold. This helps hold the cloth diaper in place much, much better than with just 2 pins.

I put 2 pins just over my hips, as tight as I can get them (as the diaper always gets looser when wet. I then put 2 pins as low and close to my legs as I can. All combined I can go without needing anything else to prevent diaper sag.

I'm fairly slender, and I've always used just two ... directly above my hips.

I had a caregiver who tried four pins, and she decided four made for unnecessary work.

I've never tried more than two myself.

I use Boingo fasteners backed up with Dritz baby pins on my prefolds.

I use one pin on each side, pin back to front as tight as reasonable. I add snap-side plastic pants and a onesie in the daytime; at night I usually wear a t-shirt instead of a onesie and I double up on my diaper and wear pull-on plastic pants but still use one pin on each side.

I'm like Cottontail and others in that I only use one pin on each side pinning corner to corner. I have used four pins when using a size larger cloth diaper while using the "angel fold".

Generally I use only two pins. However, I will use four if I chose to wear especially thick diapers (i.e. double-up).

Like in my youth, I use one pin per side above my hips toward the front.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back