Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelic

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
My bed is a little tough to turn into a crib because my bed is made out of metal.

My idea was to attach crib sides to my bed so I could sleep in a crib at night but take them off in the morning or when somebody came around.

I know what you could be thinking but I don't want hospital rails on my bed.

Has anybody put toddler rails up on their bed?

- - - Updated - - -

I'll give you a picture of my bed to give you an idea

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.google.de/aclk?sa=l&ai=...hUKEwj0q_awlpPVAhXMKsAKHXN_DM0QwjwIkgE&adurl=

- - - Updated - - -

This is one I'm thinking of

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure how I would attach it though

- - - Updated - - -

I would need 2 though, my bed is in the centre of my room

- - - Updated - - -

Even better if the measurements is 1.8 metres, but not entirely sure how I can move the rail with me, I think I'm better getting the folding ones because that will defiantly not fit into a packing box if we decide to move again or I move out

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.preciouslittleone.com/product-information/110/54321/jane-foldable-bed-rail-star/
This one sounds good, it can fold away too so I can hide it better

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.packingboxes.co.uk/wardr...MIirOsm5yT1QIVJDPTCh1APg_BEAkYFCABEgJDgfD_BwE
Would the wooden rails fit into this box or be too big?

I remember telling someone of an idea to make a crib, but your bed is made of metal. Getting 2 long crib sides for the sides of your bed could work just fine though. Unless you get ones made of wood, paint them, and have metal at the bottom to attach to the metal of the bed. So that way you can take them on and off. The plastic crib sides for top and bottom are fine though, you could paint the wood to match them. But that's all I could think of really.

The metal of my bed is a pale silver, so white wood wouldn't look too bad.

The crib sides have a bit that sticks out at the bottom that I can slide under the mattress and it stays in place, I would have to buy 2 on either side

- - - Updated - - -

There would be a slight 1 inch gap on either side but it would otherwise look like a crib, I'm thinking of buying canvass ones for when I sleep over at my nanas house

- - - Updated - - -

I don't fall out of bed or anything but It would add a "little" thrill.

Unfortunatly I've got to wait about 3 weeks because I need the money I have now for diapers, before getting my "crib"

- - - Updated - - -

Not to mention snacks and bus fares!

Angelic said:
The metal of my bed is a pale silver, so white wood wouldn't look too bad.

The crib sides have a bit that sticks out at the bottom that I can slide under the mattress and it stays in place, I would have to buy 2 on either side

- - - Updated - - -

There would be a slight 1 inch gap on either side but it would otherwise look like a crib, I'm thinking of buying canvass ones for when I sleep over at my nanas house

- - - Updated - - -

I don't fall out of bed or anything but It would add a "little" thrill.

Unfortunatly I've got to wait about 3 weeks because I need the money I have now for diapers, before getting my "crib"

- - - Updated - - -

Not to mention snacks and bus fares!

Aw, well I hope you'll be able to get them though! <3

This is my bed setup:
0719172359.jpg

Bump

My bed rails are like toddler bed rails. I have to have them to prevent faals due to my Cerebral Palsy disability. They are 100% necessary for me as part of my medical care equipment.

Well if you're handy with assembling, you could build a whole crib set/normal bed out of wood. What I did was I built a normal bed frame out of heavy duty 2 X 4s for the 4 polls, 2 large 2 X 8s or 10s for the width sides, 2 long 2 X 6s for the length sides and a bunch of 2 X 4s for the bottom support. After that I cut some slits in the insides of the polls so I can fit the headboards into while also being able to remove them. For railings, I just used some stair rails posts and 1 X 2s. I decided to make 1/2 of the railings swing out for a door with some hinges. I'll post some photos later of my crib.

This crib can easily be converted to a normal bed.

I'm not experienced in wood work and they is nothing wrong with my old bed so it would be a little wierd me buying myself a new bed, my dad would most likely buy me a metal bed again, I have no room in my room to do woodwork and it would make a lot of mess, though it's a thought for when I move out

I've found out that for 3 weeks my dad is doing forklift training and will be gone most of the day, so it leaves a window where he will be gone, but it won't guarantee that my step mom will be work though, I'll just explain to her on the day that I'm expecting a parcel and close the door so the dog doesn't go mental and so that she won't see the box when it comes.

Since the bed rails are not exactly ABDL or private, the manufacturers won't see it as a ABDL is buying it and needs to be private, they will think it's for a mom who's buying it for her kid...

- - - Updated - - -

But since I'm going into childcare and it's likely I will have a job by then, it night not leave a day off where I can order and I'm not sure if my dad has his training on n saturdays or not.

My dad is building a model railway station and he keeps ordering things, so he might answer the door thinking it's for him!

- - - Updated - - -

It's not fair, I could of got my crib today but I have no money and he keeps getting parcels!

Pretty neat crib, I'm hoping I could make a crib like that with a swinging door once I move out but for now, I'm quite comfortable living in my dads house

- - - Updated - - -

You've decorated that well! Nice room! I've got a little space room too and I'm going to get childish bed sheets with haracters on too when I find them and have money for them but first, my hideaway crib!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back