Told My S/O

Status
Not open for further replies.
To all: Her reaction is quiet normal for someone without any associations to kinks. She was living the vanilla life and then, suddenly, a whole lot of weird enters the door. No shit she is confused. I'd be too.

A few thoughts on this...no special order, just what came to my mind:

#1 Yes, give her time. By the way - timing - worst / best timing ever. Doing this before you commit so financing a house is a good idea. Then again, telling before this became so real might have been a better idea. Woulda coulda shoulda...

#2 Your new mantra: I am the same guy. Initially she will not accept this simple fact others already stated. But indeed it's true! During the following days you have to convince her you're not a changed person. Show her that this is not defining your personality.

#3 Make clear this is not associated with pedo stuff.

#4 Clearly, hold on with that house thing for now. This is on your bad timing...

#5 Keep her off the google. Yeah, just see for yourself what images will pop up if you google that stuff. Try "infantilism" and "adult baby"...look at the pics. Grosses you out even if you're ABDL. Don't refer to some webpage. It's a good start but nothing more. Although with good intentions nothing is better than a heart to heart talk. She doesn't want to write a report about ABDL. She wants to understand what's going on with YOU. So you better start talking about you...

#6 Set a place and time for a talk in person.

My SO's reaction was quiet the same. Only difference: We had a child on the way...no backing out from that stuff, brother. But she eventually realized #2 was a solid point. Plus, she then had the last piece about my personality she was missing although she never knew it was missing. Therefore she understood it didn't change anything...the picture of me didn't change, nothing felt "odd" about me before.

Best of luck. Keep us posted if you can.

babyto said:
I have sort of let the issue go by the way side. I will enjoy my alternate lifestyle when she is not around. We did end up closing on the house. It's all good...

Is it? Well, at the very least she knows about your diapers now, so you don't have to worry about keeping them deeply hidden somewhere.

Slomo said:
Is it? Well, at the very least she knows about your diapers now, so you don't have to worry about keeping them deeply hidden somewhere.

...though you probably will anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back