Status
Not open for further replies.

kerry

ADISC Moderator
Staff
Role
  1. Little
  2. Incontinent
So I'm reading a story on a different site. It's called "The Pledge" and it is by someone who goes by Minachan16, at least there. But I'm not writing to plug the story; I haven't even gotten deep enough into it to know if it's any good. What I am writing for is to quote the author, because her fictional character thinks something in the story that might just resonate with a lot of us:

[FONT=&quot]She had not anticipated the feelings of comfort and relaxation (the diaper) had given her, nor the abilities it gave her to free herself of her bodily needs. It was incredible how something so insignificant could have such a hold on her. [/FONT]Maybe that's why we get potty trained so early in life,[FONT=&quot] Karissa thought as she tightened her scarf against the evening wind. [/FONT]If we ever realized the truth, we never would have gone along with it.

I just had never heard anyone quite put it that way. :)

Boy is that not true of all "innocence". What one gives up to move to the next level of enlightenment.

I see that sentiment with some frequency among ABDLs but it's not one I share. To me, they're almost always a burden in a practical sense. It's so easy to manage my body's needs within the confines of society and diapers make that harder. Obviously, we can all be ABDLs regardless of our position on that matter. It's interesting how many disparate feelings can still fit under the same big umbrella.

kerry said:
So I'm reading a story on a different site. It's called "The Pledge" and it is by someone who goes by Minachan16, at least there. But I'm not writing to plug the story; I haven't even gotten deep enough into it to know if it's any good. What I am writing for is to quote the author, because her fictional character thinks something in the story that might just resonate with a lot of us:

I just had never heard anyone quite put it that way. :)

Hold your pitchforks please.... Personally, I share that sentiment.

I initially resisted potty training because it was inconvenient for me to give up time to do my business. Statistically, wearing a diaper had given me less time out of my play time than trying to use the potty. Because of this I wanted to remain in the state of precontinence so that I would remain in comfort without further problems. I knew that if I gave up diapers, somehow I would have voiding problems and embarrassing accidents that would lead me to even more doctors prescribing medicine that would make me uncomfortable. I already was under a lot of poking and prodding by doctors trying to diagnose me with some abnormal condition which eventually was High-Functioning Autism. Unfortunately, my mother pressured me every day to go potty and argued that it is what the other kids were doing. I personally was not interested at the time about what other kids were doing and instead, I was content to remain constant despite wanting to learn all I could while still in diapers. The peer and mother pressure eventually forced me to give up wearing them, and as I predicted I went down a long road of accidents and further complications related to training and holding in my wastes for long periods because I was not always allowed to go to the bathroom.

After my 1st grade trauma, I wanted to wear diapers again to cope with what that demon teacher did to me. I was too skittish to ask my mother so I festered and stewed until I got hold of one a few months later. From then on I wanted to wear diapers to fuel what had eventually become the 'little' me. I used various methods to get them and used them to great effect until I was discovered in high school. I had a wonderful summer following this that had my 'little' space the strongest it has ever been. Unfortunately do to budget constraints, I was unable to continue being 'little' in College until I got a job to pay for the items I required. I purged, fearing that my parents rejected me because they thought of my diapers and the 'little' me as a sexual fetish that was a foreign object in my head. It wasn't until quite recently when I reconciled and healed the disconnect with my parents about this and with my finances almost in order, I may be able to spend just enough to keep me going after 2 years of rejection and resisting my urges.

I think there is a lot of truth in the idea that you must be out of the crib and out of diapers before your full time memory kicks in. In other words you should not have any memory of those times. And like the author says "If we ever realized the truth, we never would have gone along with it."

I believe I read that somewhere too, and was impressed by how well it was written. I tend to feel much the same way, but at the end, one has to deal with the wet diaper and a certain amount of cleanup. You know....kind of like the end of Romeo and Juliet. Well, there may have been an absence of diapers, but oh my God: the clean up!

When you stop and think about it, it's amazing what complex network of feelings some plastic, fabric, and chemicals can create for us. The roots for me run deep, starting about 20 years ago... *Sigh*

I suppose it is the same for anything that makes one feel connected to innocence and comfort. But I just found the sentiment worded so perfectly that I thought I should share it.

Being IC, I just sort of expect to be diapered; I don't really think about them one way or the other at this point. But I do know that a lot of people here feel about them precisely as the MC of this story does, and that's why I wanted to share. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back