alltimefun

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
I'm just curious which is better when using baby powder

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

I lay my diaper open on the floor below me and slather on the powder. Then I tape up and pull the wings away from my hips and sprinkle in a little more powder. (otherwise many pimples on hips!)

So my diaper catches most of the powder that doesn't stay on my skin when I rub it on.

I powder the diaper first then powder myself.

I apply it to me. I need to get it into the folds between my leg and crotch or I get funky in there.

rub it into your skin for best results

I don't use enough of it to worry about any loss of absorbency from applying directly to the diaper. Putting it on the skin is preferred but that's not efficient for me with a standing change and the difference isn't significant enough to be concerned.

I powder myself for the most part

I don't use powder. I've tried it, but I could never see that it served any useful purpose.

I lay a line down the middle of the diaper and then lay down and put it on.

Originally, when I started wearing diapers, I didn't have access to baby powder. So I made the "cardinal sin" and didn't powder at all. I usually powdered 2 years ago when I did finally have regular access. When I did so, I did it by not only lathering the powder on myself, but also put a small amount down the front and back of the diaper so that I would rub more in as I moved.

A little in the diaper; a little on me [emoji854]

When I wear regular underwear, I sprinkle powder into my underwear after putting my underwear on.

For diapers, I do the exact opposite. I apply powder to my diaper area, clean my hands and that put my diaper on.

If I am getting a little sweaty down there and I haven't yet peed, I might sprinkle some more powder in my diaper but this usually doesn't happen as I would probably already peed.

I usually rub it on me, then diaper up. Sometimes when I'm in a hurry I'll just sprinkle it on my diaper though.

willnotwill said:
I apply it to me. I need to get it into the folds between my leg and crotch or I get funky in there.

you might want to try Zeesorb AF. Works really well at stopping the funk. (not just delaying or lowering it, GONE) Find it at the pharmacy by foot care. If you like it, get it much cheaper by the 5-8 bottle packs on amazon.

I use a little bit of powder on myself, i generally change while lying down

I rarely powder but whenI do I powder every little part before taping myself. lol

Powder the diaper first or else I'd make a huge mess as I can't get back there if you know what I mean. I tend to sweat a lot in my diaper so the powder absorbs the sweat and the diapers aborbency isn't affected and I never have diaper rash because of it :) also use some cream on some irritated skin and it usually clears right up.

While I find it best and nicest to powder myself I very rarely goto that effort and generally only apply a small dusting of powder to the back of the nappy starting around the waist band to about a 1/3rd of the way down.

Get the nice powdered feeling around the back with very little risk of causing a barrier against absorption and just a tiny puff of that gorgeous baby scent.

Ah cornstarch powder how you make our lives better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back